Local 396 and Tentative Agreement

LagunaBrown

How many people do you know at ups that retired at 49. I know of none nobody here retires that early. Most people retire after 58. I'm sure you have it better than most local but over here our pension is 100 per full-time year and health insurance for retirement is over 400 a month that's 4 years worth of pension. It used to 50 a month
Not many go at 49 just because they would have to started at 19. We do have a decent amount that go at age 50+ since UPS is hard, they bought houses in the 80’s and they can sell them for a good price and live in another state. Most go closer to 55 where their 401k is within reach. We were in company plan so I know about the $50 healthcare
but luckily we got the carve out. Some placeces got much worse.

LagunaBrown

Then fix it in this contract???

But then again, that doesn't effect him anymore, so he isn't concerned.
His mission is blatantly transparent....me, me, me.
Sorry to burst your bubble. There is no do overs, mulligans or best 2 out of 3. Pleases stop with your Santa Claus wish from last contract and move on. There are new issues on the table.

Last edited:

cachmeifucan

S
Not many go at 49 just because they would have to started at 19. We do have a decent amount that go at age 50+ since UPS is hard, they bought houses in the 80’s and they can sell them for a good price and live in another state. Most go closer to 55 where their 401k is within reach. We were in company plan so I know about the $50 healthcare
but luckily we got the carve out. Some placeces got much worse.
So your health insurance is 50 a month for retirees. How much is your full-time pension worth for 30 years and for 25 years

LagunaBrown

No I would advise them to vote no so everyone gets a better deal
That’s weak. Funny how I can accept your no vote depending on your supplements and riders but you just want a no vote at all costs. Your no vote can take away our retiree benefit that is going from a $500.000 cap to UNLIMITED! That means my family, my coworkers family and all retiree in my region could get screwed by one serious illness or injury. There is NO WAY I could vote no and have to explain why their money ran out. A driver in my Centers wife got I’ll last year and that was $250,00 in bills. You can cry about your issues to your BA and get them fixed in YOUR AREA but I will be damned if your gonna screw with our peoples medical. That’s just WRONG!

How many people do you know at ups that retired at 49. I know of none nobody here retires that early. Most people retire after 58. I'm sure you have it better than most local but over here our pension is 100 per full-time year and health insurance for retirement is over 400 a month that's 4 years worth of pension. It used to 50 a month
I would guess the average retiree is between 51-56 here.

That’s weak. Funny how I can accept your no vote depending on your supplements and riders but you just want a no vote at all costs. Your no vote can take away our retiree benefit that is going from a $500.000 cap to UNLIMITED! That means my family, my coworkers family and all retiree in my region could get screwed by one serious illness or injury. There is NO WAY I could vote no and have to explain why their money ran out. A driver in my Centers wife got I’ll last year and that was $250,00 in bills. You can cry about your issues to your BA and get them fixed in YOUR AREA but I will be damned if your gonna screw with our peoples medical. That’s just WRONG!
And you could lose it in the next contract

542thruNthru

I didn't know we were the supplemental brotherhood of Teamsters. I though we bargain together and work as one so that we all prosper.

22.4 is language in the Master. So it's not a supplemental issue. It's only becoming that because people are bargaining for themselves. Also feels to me the company is buying our vote and that makes me feel dirty.

LagunaBrown

I didn't know we were the supplemental brotherhood of Teamsters. I though we bargain together and work as one so that we all prosper.

22.4 is language in the Master. So it's not a supplemental issue. It's only becoming that because people are bargaining for themselves. Also feels to me the company is buying our vote and that makes me feel dirty.
Like Andy M said, nowhere in the country did the NMA (22.4 language) change any locals workday workweek. They either had the language or didn’t. So in context all theses issues arise from that. I am surprised supposedly strong locals have one day layoffs and that’s a problem. Local 804 fights for themselves on contractual issues all the time and a great example of a local being sovereign. It’s not like this is new stuff these people have ALWAYS lived without the guaranteed 8 and don’t need US to fix THEIR supplements. Nobody helped us in creating our carve out and our leadership kept our pensions secure. Who ever said it was the same everywhere? Do you think the West should bail out all other failing pensions? You see people are trying to make this about the NMA and the IBT when they should be pressing their local leaders for change. Take some ownership and fix your supplements language if you don’t like it. This blaming on the NMA is the wrong fight.

LagunaBrown

AF1FF2DF-8638-4B41-89AD-6466384EB00C.jpeg
BDCB413D-599C-4BEF-915E-EC636F6FA5C5.jpeg
2BAC31DD-DD74-4936-9087-972605D7B539.jpeg

cachmeifucan

Sorry to burst your bubble. There is no do overs, mulligans or best 2 out of 3. Pleases stop with your Santa Claus wish from last contract and move on. There are new issues on the table.
Your selling concessions but the company is making record profits. And just gave part time supervisor 19.35 to start and 1000 dollars bonus if they were above that level. Ups stock projected to skyrocket once this horrible contract gets pushed by greasy corrupt sellouts. Language should be getting better and more defined as we figure out how they manipulate the contract. Who are you kidding even if it passes they still will Break it hundreds of thousands times a day in centers and hubs all over. Have you ever met a manager that actually cared about the contract I haven't 22 years in. Vote no