Low IQ Union leaders and interest on retro pay

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
@tonyexpress has mentions how brown cafe was brought up in meetings.

@FrigidFTSup has also brought it up.

Of course they look at FB or Twitter more because it's so mainstream but to say they don't monitor BC is just plain stupid.

:)
Well, I was on the Social Media (SM) committee at UPS Corporate for two years and when we went over trends for SM, Brown Cafe (BC) never was discussed. The HR rep on the committee said they had monitored BC a couple of times when they rolled out "enhancements" but the feedback from BC did not correlate to the feedback from focus group meetings and polls or the Corporate Employee crap we filled out every year. They said the data was skewed and the population was not random ... BC was considered to be skewed towards "negative" employees.

Local management may come on here and/or monitor to try and figure out if 'their' reports are on here.
I know that happened to STUG.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Well, I was on the Social Media (SM) committee at UPS Corporate for two years and when we went over trends for SM, Brown Cafe (BC) never was discussed. The HR rep on the committee said they had monitored BC a couple of times when they rolled out "enhancements" but the feedback from BC did not correlate to the feedback from focus group meetings and polls or the Corporate Employee crap we filled out every year. They said the data was skewed and the population was not random ... BC was considered to be skewed towards "negative" employees.

Didn't you retire like 5 years ago?

I'll just leave it at that. ;)

Also that doesn't mean the website is not monitored.

It just means they didn't think it was worth the time.

SameRightsForAll

The retro pay wasn’t ours till the contract was passed. UPS can invest their money anyway they see fit. Why on God’s good earth would you be entitled to the interest of money that wasn’t yours?

Because a raise is always the core of every contract, and it was guaranteed to be there if we have a union at all, and therefore UPS got away without paying the raise for ~9 months and counting. While you might argue that we aren't guaranteed a raise that hasn't been negotiated yet and that the money wasn't ours until UPS actually paid it, I don't think you're prepared to apply this logic and rule more broadly. This money is also invested by many employees in the 401K and stock programs. They could have bought more stock with the raise which might have benefitted UPS more than holding onto the money in an act of greed. You seem to be the type that would be ok if UPS announced tomorrow that the backpay is no longer valid due to company cutbacks because, after all, you were never guaranteed the raise. After 9 or 10 months, why not just forfeit the raise back to the company, right?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Because a raise is always the core of every contract, and it was guaranteed to be there if we have a union at all, and therefore UPS got away without paying the raise for ~9 months and counting. While you might argue that we aren't guaranteed a raise that hasn't been negotiated yet and that the money wasn't ours until UPS actually paid it, I don't think you're prepared to apply this logic and rule more broadly. This money is also invested by many employees in the 401K and stock programs. They could have bought more stock with the raise which might have benefitted UPS more than holding onto the money in an act of greed. You seem to be the type that would be ok if UPS announced tomorrow that the backpay is no longer valid due to company cutbacks because, after all, you were never guaranteed the raise. After 9 or 10 months, why not just forfeit the raise back to the company, right?
They didn’t pay it for nine months because it wasn’t negotiated yet. If you want to know what type I am, I’m the type that will smash your teeth into the hood of your car in the parking lot. I want my raise as much as the next guy, but we aren’t due any money in excess of the raise. Read a little further and you’ll see I mentioned our pension contributions and 401k as well. Now stfu.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
They didn’t pay it for nine months because it wasn’t negotiated yet. If you want to know what type I am, I’m the type that will smash your teeth into the hood of your car in the parking lot. I want my raise as much as the next guy, but we aren’t due any money in excess of the raise. Read a little further and you’ll see I mentioned our pension contributions and 401k as well. Now stfu.

Trip. You know I love ya , but ... my wife just got a backpack check WITH INTEREST. You know damn well it shouldn’t take a muti billion dollar company over 10 weeks to pay employees money they are owed. Come on now ..

MyTripisCut

Trip. You know I love ya , but ... my wife just got a backpack check WITH INTEREST. You know damn well it shouldn’t take a muti billion dollar company over 10 weeks to pay employees money they are owed. Come on now ..
I’m not saying it’s right. But how can you ask for interest on a raise that wasn’t negotiated yet? And how much would everyone complain if the check wasn’t correct? Whine all the time about everything here.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I’m not saying it’s right. But how can you ask for interest on a raise that wasn’t negotiated yet? And how much would everyone complain if the check wasn’t correct? Whine all the time about everything here.
Wtf are you talking about wasn’t negotiated yet. I’m talking about after contract was ratified

MyTripisCut

When you file a tax return, does the federal government pay you interest between the time you file and the time you receive your check?

The only reason the interest is significant is because of the large sum. Interest compounds more on a higher rate. Maybe we should be more concerned with the amount of money that wasn’t put into our pension funds and 401k contributions during this waiting period that could’ve compounded at a higher rate and a better cause.

Wtf are you talking about wasn’t negotiated yet. I’m talking about after contract was ratified

MyTripisCut

. I love u 2 but I have to tell u something. Your wife molested me.

C194F188-C3C6-4044-A662-F2261222C2BA.jpeg
B0ED2BA0-18F6-4DE6-A2B3-FED5B96A1EB8.jpeg