Lying To Employees

bacha29

Except that they're trying to reinvent the (hub&spoke) wheel here.

What makes you think they can't redefine 'overnight' and 'guarantee' while they're at it?
When you've started a dumpster fire, you'll try anything to control the blaze.
Everything FedEx has done wrong, they've damned the torpedoes and clung to the failing concept.

This will be no different.
If the dumpster fire is in a steel container it will eventually burn itself out.

AB831

FedEx paid essentially zero taxes after the Trump Tax Plan took effect. Your tired old arguments have no relevance to the current difficulties with the business model.
What did they waste that windfall on again? Planes that are grounded and renovating a hub that’s running at skeleton capacity? Something like that. I love trickle down economics.

Meat

It should be obvious to all but the most Purple People what FedEx is doing, and that they are absolutely, positively lying about the company restructuring. This has all been carefully planned, and the "rollout' is a known commodity. While extreme lies are nothing new for Express management this new series is especially blatant. They KNOW what is happening now and what is going to happen in the future, as in which locations will close/be consolidated and/or otherwise altered in order to have Ground perform the vast majority of Express work. Yes, your job is probably going away in most cases.

Certain usual suspects have maintained that this is just an efficiency move rather than a wholesale change, and to say otherwise is nothing but a huge lie. "Express couriers are still delivering Express packages" is only true to the extent that some will still be doing FO or hauling cans. It's designed to placate employees into believing little has changed even though the entire business model has fundamentally been altered. Ground is the new Express. Believe it.

You can choose to patronize the fertilizer purveyors, OR you can do a bit of research into the financial news and aviation industry reports to see what's truly happening. Raj and his fellow high-end management types have fully revealed what they're doing to the financial world, but their stooges and shills are soft-peddling the truth to workers. Farmer Raj has taken the corn from the Express silo and combined it with the corn from the Ground silo and is going to tell all of those Express ranch hands that their services are no longer needed. Those less expensive workers at Ground will make Farmer Raj a lot more rupees because he'll still be charging the same old prices and surcharges. The Express corn silo is being torn down and scrapped. Almost all the corn will be in the new Ground silo. Fact.

It's there, in writing, all over the media, but "it isn't happening". Yeah, it IS happening, and even if your station isn't being eliminated today, it's in the cards. Do you think that an ethical upper manamagement team should let their "valued team members" know this in terms that they actually understand? Yes, they should, because a lot of employees are just plain ignorant, and Raj and Friends are taking full advantage.

Yes, they absolutely will lie directly to your face and then drop you like a hot rock at first opportunity. Don't trust anything they say and make them pay for what they're doing. The only ways to do that are 1. Leave, 2. Walk-out/Sick-out. 3. Create political turmoil by involving your local Democratic leaders ( don't bother with The Republicans), or 4. Poison the well with customers and anyone else that will listen. Inform them about Fred's RLA protection and that FedEx paid no taxes in 2022. Educate them to the facts that FedEx is both screwing workers and the shipper. Tell them that their package will probably be late, that they're being charged premium rates for sub-standard Ground service, and that the company has zero commitment to them. Profit is the only motive.

Unfortunately, most of you will take it lying down and then whine about it after the fact. Worse, many with Stockholm Syndrome will sympathize and agree that it's just a "business innovation". If you're lucky maybe they'll give you a big foam P1 Cowboy Hat as a parting gift. Some of you will actually wear it. With pride.

So sad. So pathetic. So true.

Not exactly shocking.

Companies that can’t innovate achieve greater profitability via stock buybacks, curtailing employee comp, and by cutting staff to the bone - no improvement to the actual product.

Corporate American has gotten lazy, and I fear more and more companies will suffer the same fate as GE.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This. Lates are largely already irrelevant, and a lot more won't make much of a difference to a company that doesn't care about service.
Being the prime weasel that he is, Smith won’t honor any guarantees he makes. He has no integrity. Those service failures will go through the roof. Don’t worry though, Dano will be plotting them down on worthless papers that will sit in a desk that gather lots of Memphis dust.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Being the prime weasel that he is, Smith won’t honor any guarantees he makes. He has no integrity. Those service failures will go through the roof. Don’t worry though, Dano will be plotting them down on worthless papers that will sit in a desk that gather lots of Memphis dust.
Prime Weasel has a real ring to it. I think Fat Freddy needs a new name.

AB831

Overpromise service and make excuses was the company brand during my time there.

FedexCares

FedEx paid essentially zero taxes after the Trump Tax Plan took effect. Your tired old arguments have no relevance to the current difficulties with the business model.
I remember those tax cuts and I remember Fedex giving our yearly raise 6 months early as a direct result of these tax cuts. They didn’t miss out on the positive P.R. spin either at the time as Fedex made a big deal that they were “taking care of employees” due to the tax cuts.

Of course, nothing was mentioned in the news when we then had to wait 1.5 years to get our next raise so in the end, labor got very little from those huge trump tax cuts and I’m sure it went to shareholders and upper execs like normal. Trickle down economics at its finest.

bacha29

I remember those tax cuts and I remember Fedex giving our yearly raise 6 months early as a direct result of these tax cuts. They didn’t miss out on the positive P.R. spin either at the time as Fedex made a big deal that they were “taking care of employees” due to the tax cuts.

Of course, nothing was mentioned in the news when we then had to wait 1.5 years to get our next raise so in the end, labor got very little from those huge trump tax cuts and I’m sure it went to shareholders and upper execs like normal. Trickle down economics at its finest.
Ground contractors learned that lesson too. Give you something here. Take it back someplace else.

AB831

Trickle down economics is the biggest load of 💩 I’ve ever heard of.

!Retired!

Your attempts at being clever are embarrassing. A simple “hey, I might not be seeing you anymore because fedex is moving all of our work to ground, eliminating us, and charging you the same rate for lesser service” is something that any customer would be able to decipher.
And not care because they're saving money
So did a lot of other companies. What's your point? I'm sure you pay every cent you're supposed to an take no deductions :rolleyes: