Lying To Employees

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I remember those tax cuts and I remember Fedex giving our yearly raise 6 months early as a direct result of these tax cuts. They didn’t miss out on the positive P.R. spin either at the time as Fedex made a big deal that they were “taking care of employees” due to the tax cuts.

Of course, nothing was mentioned in the news when we then had to wait 1.5 years to get our next raise so in the end, labor got very little from those huge trump tax cuts and I’m sure it went to shareholders and upper execs like normal. Trickle down economics at its finest.
You seem to forget that the company went out of its way to make it clear that the next raise would be at its regularly scheduled time and that the early raise was a one time thing.

59 Dano

More fertilizer. Everyone knows Goebbels runs FedEx PR.
WAIT, you said I was Maury, not Murray. My bad. And then you insinuated that I was working for Maury as a PR guy, paid to post here, and you kept saying it like it was supposed to be hurtful and true.

Man, I miss the good old days!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
WAIT, you said I was Maury, not Murray. My bad. And then you insinuated that I was working for Maury as a PR guy, paid to post here, and you kept saying it like it was supposed to be hurtful and true.

Man, I miss the good old days!
More irrelevant deflection.

59 Dano

Republicans are always whining about the deficit. Think corporate welfare has anything to do with that?
No. For one, tax cuts (corporate or otherwise) can't cause deficits; all deficits come from spending. Two, tax receipts went up after the tax cuts.

Glad I could answer your question!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL!

I think you're confused.
Your obsession with Maury caused me to search for one. I come up with a Maury D. who has been at FedEx since 2017. Or do you mean Baby Daddy TV host Maury Povich? Perhaps a psychologist can help us understand the Maury fixation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And high taxation leads to less business activity. Which leads to less revenue and deficit spending.
In theory. To use FedEx as an example, they are reducing their business activity and cutting jobs despite not paying taxes. Just one example of how that theory is easily disproven.

FedexCares

You seem to forget that the company went out of its way to make it clear that the next raise would be at its regularly scheduled time and that the early raise was a one time thing.
No they didn’t, at least it wasn’t communicated to our station in anyway. It wasn’t the fact we had to wait 1.5 years for the next raise, I expected that anyway from Fedex. It was the fact they were blowing up the media at the time on how they were able to take care of the employees because of these tax cuts which was corporate BS. Of course Fox News and the like latched on to it lauding it as proof these tax cuts were such a good thing for the county when most of the tax windfall went to stock buybacks.

bacha29

And high taxation leads to less business activity. Which leads to less revenue and deficit spending.
The in house corporate apologist plying his craft again. The continued availability of public services and facilities must be supported with public tax and fee dollars.
Too many companies and people want free use of airports, roads, water and sewage plants, etc, etc,
Others spend nothing to provide for their present and future healthcare needs but still demand the same quality healthcare that paying patients receive. Believing that their paying $20 a month toward a $100,000 hospital bill places them on the same level as those who sacrifice to pay hundreds if not thousands everyone month on insurance.

Then there are those who are constantly telling the rest how they think tax dollars are to be spent only to discover that they haven't paid in a dime in years.

MAGA"s keep telling us that the current path of public spending is not sustainable. At the same time our current lack of public spending on critical public services and facilities is not sustainable either. And when those services are ended and key facilities are shut down because they are no longer safe enough to use due to public unwillingness to fund them....the MAGA's will be the ones hollering the loudest.

vantexan

The in house corporate apologist plying his craft again. The continued availability of public services and facilities must be supported with public tax and fee dollars.
Too many companies and people want free use of airports, roads, water and sewage plants, etc, etc,
Others spend nothing to provide for their present and future healthcare needs but still demand the same quality healthcare that paying patients receive. Believing that their paying $20 a month toward a $100,000 hospital bill places them on the same level as those who sacrifice to pay hundreds if not thousands everyone month on insurance.

Then there are those who are constantly telling the rest how they think tax dollars are to be spent only to discover that they haven't paid in a dime in years.

MAGA"s keep telling us that the current path of public spending is not sustainable. At the same time our current lack of public spending on critical public services and facilities is not sustainable either. And when those services are ended and key facilities are shut down because they are no longer safe enough to use due to public unwillingness to fund them....the MAGA's will be the ones hollering the loudest.
Your president has let in close to 5 million undocumented immigrants illegally and with Title 42 about to expire a flood of new arrivals is coming. What kind of strain do you think that puts on public services? Yet you want to attack a poor citizen who can't afford insurance but at least is honest about the reality of spending. Just like you attack FedEx Express for not paying UPS equivalent pay and benefits when you know good and well that the money isn't there. Typical rabble rousing political opportunist who doesn't care about the truth but will say anything to help his party stay in power. Like telling college grads who are paid well that the president will pay off their student loans to the tune of half a trillion dollars when we're already mired in 31 trillion in debt and the president knows that he can't constitutionally make such an offer but says it anyways to get votes. You're so worried about public services yet you support such unconstitutional spending as well as the flood of illegals because you think it'll lead to one day having insurmountable power that can't be challenged. Then you can create your utopia without anyone telling you the money isn't there. It's hard to fathom how grown adults try to act out these fantasies but then this is the party that supports, and encourages, grown adults who put on display for all to see their particular sexual fantasies and tell us that's normal. You must be so proud.

It will be fine

Your president has let in close to 5 million undocumented immigrants illegally and with Title 42 about to expire a flood of new arrivals is coming. What kind of strain do you think that puts on public services? Yet you want to attack a poor citizen who can't afford insurance but at least is honest about the reality of spending. Just like you attack FedEx Express for not paying UPS equivalent pay and benefits when you know good and well that the money isn't there. Typical rabble rousing political opportunist who doesn't care about the truth but will say anything to help his party stay in power. Like telling college grads who are paid well that the president will pay off their student loans to the tune of half a trillion dollars when we're already mired in 31 trillion in debt and the president knows that he can't constitutionally make such an offer but says it anyways to get votes. You're so worried about public services yet you support such unconstitutional spending as well as the flood of illegals because you think it'll lead to one day having insurmountable power that can't be challenged. Then you can create your utopia without anyone telling you the money isn't there. It's hard to fathom how grown adults try to act out these fantasies but then this is the party that supports, and encourages, grown adults who put on display for all to see their particular sexual fantasies and tell us that's normal. You must be so proud.
Current Events. Literally nobody here cares about your politics.