Mailbox numbers...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just like a gate that has "Beware of Dog" sign. Are you going in that gate or do you just honk the horn and leave a door tag where ever you can. If they wanted their package, they would not have a mean dog between me and the house. Might not really be a mean dog but I know I am not willing to take that chance.

Bag package and put inside gate.

Not my problem if dog treats it like a chew toy.

outtatime

Except in my old station if you code 3 something dispatch will google map it, insist that the house is there (even thought it isn't). That will lead to fight with our dick head dispatcher. Or my favorite you code 3 something, find out its 50 miles away (but in the stations service area) and they actually think you should deliver it that day.

Bad address= code 8 just easier
08 while on road, but write on the package it's an 03 and give to CSA.

whenIgetthere

If they aren't going to make a decent effort to be seen, I won't make a decent effort to look; if they don't want to be found, I won't look. It had always depended on the circumstances and my mood.

eNotes helps the swings, but very few have the time to type them in. I try to enter them for any problem addresses.

outtatime

They won't already know before you come back in?
No, an 08 is closed/not in and doesn't raise any flags. An 03 is bad address and dispatch gets a automatic message about it and tries to correct if possible. Some dispatchers suck and only go by what a google search tells them and says it's a good address. Others will use a Bressers book or actually call the customer.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, an 08 is closed/not in and doesn't raise any flags. An 03 is bad address and dispatch gets a automatic message about it and tries to correct if possible. Some dispatchers suck and only go by what a google search tells them and says it's a good address. Others will use a Bressers book or actually call the customer.
Dispatchers at our station aren't allowed to use the phone OR use the Internet to check on 03. I believe the in-house program they are required to use is called FRED. Hilarious irony.

CJinx

Dispatchers at our station aren't allowed to use the phone OR use the Internet to check on 03. I believe the in-house program they are required to use is called FRED. Hilarious irony.
FRED (or FAST, in Ground) is actually a very useful tool... No reason to not call a consignee, though.

McFeely

Huge Member
How many of you will call a consignee while on road to get clarification on a bad address?

I don't generally do so. I've had numerous customers in the past who have called my phone on subsequent deliveries asking when I'll be at their house, etc. My current route is small enough geography that I don't typically have a problem making a same day reattempt once I get clarification/directions on an address. Seems to be the recipient's problem that they don't have a correct address on their shipment, not mine.

I used to do a mountain delivery route and you were lucky if you had cell phone signal 20% of the day. Again, not my problem :D

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I did today because it was an oversize ride on toy & I didn't want to schlep it to the QA clerk on Monday. Was gonna use the power pad's CPC, but I was already on the street.

I'll try to make the delivery on the first day if it's a perishable or meds... Other parcels if CPC can find it while I'm still in the area.

I am bricking out my rental already & had to give up 60 stops because that's all I can take. It's gonna be am interesting peak.

Even with that many stops off my rural route, I still clocked 150 miles n done by 1900.. I know next week is gonna be a 2000-2200 clock out

Oldfart

How many of you will call a consignee while on road to get clarification on a bad address?
Against policy at my station. Couriers are not allowed to call a customer or give a customer their number. Had several customers complain that couriers would call customers trying to get a date and had several customers calling couriers after hours trying to do the same. If a customer leaves a note on their door wanting you to call for delivery, you are setting yourself up for a problem that you can avoid by not calling them. If they need their cell phone so bad, they should have had it held or had it delivered where they would be.

McFeely

Huge Member
If a customer leaves a note on their door wanting you to call for delivery, you are setting yourself up for a problem that you can avoid by not calling them. If they need their cell phone so bad, they should have had it held or had it delivered where they would be.

Bingo. I had a P1 package with DSR and the guy was not home. Made 2 attempts in the same day, not in. On the 2nd day, there was a note for me to call him. On the 3rd day he stayed home to sign for the package.

Must have been a real important package for him to not drive 15 min to the station or 7 minutes to the SNAP location in town. And this guy disputed a delivery of NSR meds a while back, too. That's all I need is this dude hounding me over his precious deliveries.