Mailbox numbers...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

McFeeley, our mgt team would consider an exception code applied away from the delivery point to be a falsification of records and would discipline accordingly.

Oldfart

McFeeley, our mgt team would consider an exception code applied away from the delivery point to be a falsification of records and would discipline accordingly.
As does ours. It might come back to bite you when you least expect it. We had a courier get involved in an accident. Was not their fault but it happened. When their IIB23 was checked as part of the accident investigation, 5 minutes before the wreck they had done a Code 3 on a stop almost 10 miles away. He got terminated for falsifying. He was coding packages randomly and he got caught.

It is no different than doing a resi release at 1025 but not being at the stop till 1035. You are not at that location.

About the only exception would be when setting up P2 stops onroad, you discover a stop with no apt number. Then a 03 done randomly would not throw a red flag.

Rhoderunner

Wont make calls to customers but do use Whitepages app on the phone. Has saved me many bad addresses where just a digit was wrong. AB says 53 but real number was 54. Or the street was misspelled. Highly recommend that app.

MassWineGuy

Except in my old station if you code 3 something dispatch will google map it, insist that the house is there (even thought it isn't). That will lead to fight with our dick head dispatcher. Or my favorite you code 3 something, find out its 50 miles away (but in the stations service area) and they actually think you should deliver it that day.

Bad address= code 8 just easier

I don't argue. I just say I can't find it and move on. If they push me to spend 10 minutes looking, any lates are on them.

As for visible address numbers, heaven forbid that every house should have them.

Oldfart

Wont make calls to customers but do use Whitepages app on the phone. Has saved me many bad addresses where just a digit was wrong. AB says 53 but real number was 54. Or the street was misspelled. Highly recommend that app.
Our local tax assessor has an excellent website that helps with bad street numbers. It only helps if the recipient is a homeowner and not a renter.

whenIgetthere

The GPS is active now, but honestly there is 0 enforcement on anything. Besides a dex 3 isnt really a pod code anyway

If I have something that the CSA couldn't fix before leaving the building, I will DEX03 at my first stop. That gives them plenty of time to research and get back to me. By this, I mean package I know are missing apt, ste or lot numbers. They usually send correct address long before I actually get to those stops.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I had a bad address package, where exactly should I do the exception scan? If the address doesn't exist, where would I not be falsifying?

Hopefully you would be in the general vicinity.

We have guys who will use NSS or NSN to avoid having to run off chasers, knowing that the bid driver would be back the next day.

Purplepackage

Hopefully you would be in the general vicinity.

We have guys who will use NSS or NSN to avoid having to run off chasers, knowing that the bid driver would be back the next day.

See the thing is we aren't actively monitored by GPS (that we know of) if I code 8 something 5 miles from the house and the customer never calls in or complains no one would notice.

Kind of like if a tree falls with no one around

dezguy

That happened to me once, we had a route that did 250-300 miles and at the farthest point we delivered on one side of the road while the station 2 hours from us delivered the opposite side
A former route I had was like that. I delivered on one side of the road, the next station over, the other side.

I still remember the first time we happened to cross paths. We both slowed down as we were approaching each other, looking at the other truck like wtf. lol

McFeely

Huge Member
When you where the address in question ought to be, THEN you 03 it.

Depends on what is wrong with the address and when I notice it. I routinely do bad address scans for apartment numbers or PO box packages at my first stop of the day. That's not falsifying in my book. I may also do a Dex on one that's missing a digit or non-existent block when I'm ten miles away. That's me being proactive.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Depends on what is wrong with the address and when I notice it. I routinely do bad address scans for apartment numbers or PO box packages at my first stop of the day. That's not falsifying in my book. I may also do a Dex on one that's missing a digit or non-existent block when I'm ten miles away. That's me being proactive.

If you do not hear back from dispatch on the missing apartment number and there is a resident directory do you make an attempt?

McFeely

Huge Member
If I had a resident directory I would reattempt but I have no complexes like that on my route. If you'd like to paint me as a courier who is lazy or falsifies, then just come out and say it. Neither of which could be further from the truth.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I had a resident directory I would reattempt but I have no complexes like that on my route. If you'd like to paint me as a courier who is lazy or falsifies, then just come out and say it. Neither of which could be further from the truth.

Nope and I apologize if that is what you think I was doing.