Making the switch to express?

So as the title suggests I have an opportunity to make a switch to express from ground/home delivery.
Just curious to see what the big differences are? I’m running over 200 miles a day with 80 stops( 1 of my stops takes an hour and a half up a mountain) and my full time route is made to be super flexible so I’m in different areas daily which is kinda annoying. And make 130 a day. So definitely looking like I might switch.

It will be fine

So as the title suggests I have an opportunity to make a switch to express from ground/home delivery.
Just curious to see what the big differences are? I’m running over 200 miles a day with 80 stops( 1 of my stops takes an hour and a half up a mountain) and my full time route is made to be super flexible so I’m in different areas daily which is kinda annoying. And make 130 a day. So definitely looking like I might switch.
Big differences, you’ll be paid by the hour You’ll have to follow rules. You’ll likely be hassled by management more often. You’ll only have to deliver envelopes.

vantexan

What could they possibly hassle you about if you do your job? Not saying that in a :censored2: way by the way. And only envelopes? That a joke lol.
Definitely more than envelopes but you won't handle as much box freight. You'll get some benefits, such as paid vacations and holidays, medical, dental, and vision, and retirement. And be paid better, substantially better after a few years. There are mgrs who'll watch literally everything you do, and others who are hands off as long as you do your job.

Definitely more than envelopes but you won't handle as much box freight. You'll get some benefits, such as paid vacations and holidays, medical, dental, and vision, and retirement. And be paid better, substantially better after a few years. There are mgrs who'll watch literally everything you do, and others who are hands off as long as you do your job.

So it definitely sounds like the positives outway the negatives. Thanks for the insight

Star B

White Lightening
In our station we have quite a few ex-ground that came to Express for a better quality of life.

I only know of one that left Express to go to Ground and is happy with her decision. Other ex-groundies have left Express because they didn't want to do the box-schelp anymore and couldn't stand the corporate pressure. Others got canned from Express and then went back to ground and then left ground to pursue other things.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You’ll only have to deliver envelopes.
437E837C-47C5-4281-B185-4CE609C280A9.gif

Bingo

In our station we have quite a few ex-ground that came to Express for a better quality of life.

I only know of one that left Express to go to Ground and is happy with her decision. Other ex-groundies have left Express because they didn't want to do the box-schelp anymore and couldn't stand the corporate pressure. Others got canned from Express and then went back to ground and then left ground to pursue other things.
I agree- Have had many ground drivers come to express and very few go back- The few that do go back normally go back because they can not handle the extra rules and commitment times

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I agree- Have had many ground drivers come to express and very few go back- The few that do go back normally go back because they can not handle the extra rules and commitment times
We have a bunch of former Ground people, even a former contractor. I only know one who went back...because he couldn’t get enough hours. He didn’t want to wait for full time. Full time popped up a month later.