Making the switch to express?

floridays

Big differences, you’ll be paid by the hour You’ll have to follow rules. You’ll likely be hassled by management more often. You’ll only have to deliver envelopes.
If you are serious about the red above, it tells me all I need to know about your truthfulness in current events. You have no concern for a fact. As we say in the hood, "I got your envelope right here."

floridays

You also made a bunch of assumptions on his compensation with his Ground contractor, a subject you have no knowledge of.
The guy said he made 130 a day. I guess you missed that part in his initial post. The poster also noted 130 a day is the reason he is thinking of making a change.

floridays

Why does every post end up in a pissing contest????
Everyone has to piss, regardless of sex, numerous times daily? This is just a good place to piss.
Seriously, I'll assume your a smart guy. Read from the first post to yours and figure it out. You tell me the first post that changed direction, and you'll have the answer of what led to pissing.

It will be fine

I never said differently. OP asked for differences between Ground and Express, he’s the only one that knows what benefits he gets at his Ground contractor. We don’t, commenting on them is only a demonstration of ignorance. Paid time off is required by law in many localities, paid holidays are common among contractors, many contractors offer health benefits these days. Listing differences in benefits between the organizations can only be done by the OP, and if he can’t figure out that aspect himself he’s in trouble.

vantexan

I never said differently. OP asked for differences between Ground and Express, he’s the only one that knows what benefits he gets at his Ground contractor. We don’t, commenting on them is only a demonstration of ignorance. Paid time off is required by law in many localities, paid holidays are common among contractors, many contractors offer health benefits these days. Listing differences in benefits between the organizations can only be done by the OP, and if he can’t figure out that aspect himself he’s in trouble.
I said he'll get some benefits at Express. Didn't say he wouldn't at Ground. But I stand by my better pay statement. Highly unlikely he'll do as well pay wise as Express anywhere.

bacha29

I said he'll get some benefits at Express. Didn't say he wouldn't at Ground. But I stand by my better pay statement. Highly unlikely he'll do as well pay wise as Express anywhere.
Van, the number of contractors who offer a complete, employer paid benefits package are a tiny minority. Take a look at the job boards and the number of contractors begging for help and you'll see that they all pay about the same and has increased little if any in recent years. Per diems and no mention whatsoever regarding an employer funded health and retirement plan because none exists. Problem with per diems is that no matter if you work 40 hours a week or 60 hours it all pays the same and a person gets tired of that after awhile.
Now if you're a kid just starting out with no in demand job skills and no assets that need protected or you need a transitional bridge job just something to tide you over until a real job comes your way working for a contractor would be alright for awhile but it's still temporary employment in nature and cannot be perceived as anything other than that because that's exactly how Ground sees it and coping successfully with an avalanche of turnover is just one of the headaches of being a contractor.......but that's what they signed on for . Nobody needs to feel sorry for them because they knew what they were getting into.

vantexan

Van, the number of contractors who offer a complete, employer paid benefits package are a tiny minority. Take a look at the job boards and the number of contractors begging for help and you'll see that they all pay about the same and has increased little if any in recent years. Per diems and no mention whatsoever regarding an employer funded health and retirement plan because none exists. Problem with per diems is that no matter if you work 40 hours a week or 60 hours it all pays the same and a person gets tired of that after awhile.
Now if you're a kid just starting out with no in demand job skills and no assets that need protected or you need a transitional bridge job just something to tide you over until a real job comes your way working for a contractor would be alright for awhile but it's still temporary employment in nature and cannot be perceived as anything other than that because that's exactly how Ground sees it and coping successfully with an avalanche of turnover is just one of the headaches of being a contractor.......but that's what they signed on for . Nobody needs to feel sorry for them because they knew what they were getting into.
No argument here. IWBF seems a bit sensitive about it though.

It will be fine

No argument here. IWBF seems a bit sensitive about it though.
You guys just fail to understand the wide variety of compensation a driver can earn from different contractors. They’re all different companies. Acting like they all pay the same with the same benefits just demonstrates your ignorance.

bacha29

You guys just fail to understand the wide variety of compensation a driver can earn from different contractors. They’re all different companies. Acting like they all pay the same with the same benefits just demonstrates your ignorance.
Given that you are one of the larger contractors in the Boston Metro area why don't you tell us what kind of benefit package you offer your employees?

Mutineer

Given that you are one of the larger contractors in the Boston Metro area why don't you tell us what kind of benefit package you offer your employees?

Typical XG driver compensation and benefit package: :spank:

But seriously, as much as I enjoy bashing XG, I don't blame the ISP's. It's all a big, rotten, misleading show of smoke and mirrors that will likely only get worse.

In my neck o' the woods, when a person hears about greencards leaving XG to go BACK to working in the fields, then there's yer answer.

Of course, experiences and circumstances will vary greatly depending on location. The United States is a very big place with very different realities represented within it's borders.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Chances are he won’t. My brother worked at Ground for 10 years and worked for various contractors. He never was offered benefits and his pay was pretty much garbage at all. This is in California so god only knows what you can get away with in a “not so employee friendly” state.

Mutineer

Chances are he won’t. My brother worked at Ground for 10 years and worked for various contractors. He never was offered benefits and his pay was pretty much garbage at all. This is in California so god only knows what you can get away with in a “not so employee friendly” state.

LMAO! California is NOT an "employee friendly" state. At least, it has never been to me or anyone I know.

Wait. It is. If yer the boss's wiggling trophy-wench with a silicone rack, a talent for cooking, (books that is) and an insatiable appetite for painkillers.

Yup. His n her's matching Porsche Cayennes. But hers is pink. The car, I mean, on display and parked sideways in the crammed, overflowing employee parking lot. As the boss sneeringly replies to you across his desk through shiny, white teeth: "$18 an hour? That's aerospace wages!" Bwahahaha!

California has a surplus of desperate, unskilled, disposable labor. Lurking, scratching, and bickering like rats in the putrid juices of an overflowing, leaking dumpster. Waiting for you to get sick. Or yer car to break down. Or any other thing you may do to cause displeasure to yer Emperor, I mean, Employer. "Did you just give me some side-eye?"

In fact, it is an 'at-will' state. As opposed to a 'right to work' state.

I know.... Who'da thunk in the worker's paradise land o' fruits and nuts and vineyards and moviestars?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
3D37D6C6-E756-48B6-9239-6E8F45DD980D.jpeg

MAKAVELI

LMAO! California is NOT an "employee friendly" state. At least, it has never been to me or anyone I know.

Wait. It is. If yer the boss's wiggling trophy-wench with a silicone rack, a talent for cooking, (books that is) and an insatiable appetite for painkillers.

Yup. His n her's matching Porsche Cayennes. But hers is pink. The car, I mean, on display and parked sideways in the crammed, overflowing employee parking lot. As the boss sneeringly replies to you across his desk through shiny, white teeth: "$18 an hour? That's aerospace wages!" Bwahahaha!

California has a surplus of desperate, unskilled, disposable labor. Lurking, scratching, and bickering like rats in the putrid juices of an overflowing, leaking dumpster. Waiting for you to get sick. Or yer car to break down. Or any other thing you may do to cause displeasure to yer Emperor, I mean, Employer. "Did you just give me some side-eye?"

In fact, it is an 'at-will' state. As opposed to a 'right to work' state.

I know.... Who'da thunk in the worker's paradise land o' fruits and nuts and vineyards and moviestars?
You might want to look up " right to work " before you spout off that it's better than " at will". The two terms have nothing to do with one another and "right to work" is not pro employee, but rather anti union.

Mutineer

You might want to look up " right to work " before you spout off that it's better than " at will". The two terms have nothing to do with one another and "right to work" is not pro employee, but rather anti union.

There ya' go. Putting words in my mouth. Never wrote one is "better" than the other. I'm sure both sides of the issue are loaded with boobie-traps and weasel-words. And I don't give a rat's patootie about unions, anyways. I joined a union. Once. And they talked a big game. And they had their chance to make me one of their loyal, starry eyed, Kool-Aid chugging, violence advocating minions. Instead, they insisted I vote for idiots. And then lied. Ergo, I'm done with unions.

In an 'at will' state, you can be fired for any reason. Or, no reason at all. That doesn't seem employee friendly to me.

MAKAVELI

There ya' go. Putting words in my mouth. Never wrote one is "better" than the other. I'm sure both sides of the issue are loaded with boobie-traps and weasel-words. And I don't give a rat's patootie about unions, anyways. I joined a union. Once. And they talked a big game. And they had their chance to make me one of their loyal, starry eyed, Kool-Aid chugging, violence advocating minions. Instead, they insisted I vote for idiots. And then lied. Ergo, I'm done with unions.

In an 'at will' state, you can be fired for any reason. Or, no reason at all. That doesn't seem employee friendly to me.
Not for any reason. The reason has to be a valid reason and not discriminatory. Whatever reason an employer decides to terminate that reason has to be factual and be able to be proven or risk a lawsuit.
California law protects individuals from illegal discrimination by employers based on the following:

• Race, color
  • Ancestry, national origin
  • Religion, creed
  • Age (over 40)
  • Disability, mental and physical
  • Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions)
  • Sexual orientation
  • Gender identity, gender expression
  • Medical condition
  • Genetic information
  • Marital status
  • Military and veteran status

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not for any reason. The reason has to be a valid reason and not discriminatory. Whatever reason an employer decides to terminate that reason has to be factual and be able to be proven or risk a lawsuit.
California law protects individuals from illegal discrimination by employers based on the following:

• Race, color
  • Ancestry, national origin
  • Religion, creed
  • Age (over 40)
  • Disability, mental and physical
  • Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions)
  • Sexual orientation
  • Gender identity, gender expression
  • Medical condition
  • Genetic information
  • Marital status
  • Military and veteran status

The reason doesn't have to be valid. You can legally be fired for any reason (and for no reason at all) with the exceptions being the reasons you listed.