Making the switch to express?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Homedeliveryguy, Oct 12, 2018.

1. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Not true and you know it. FedEx has its discipline and gft policy for a reason. It limits their liability for wrongful termination lawsuits.

2. floridays

floridays Well-Known Member

I was simply responding to the envelope part.

3. floridays

Not trying to be a turd in the punch bowl, but research what a per diem is.

4. floridays

I want to go to work for you tomorrow, exactly what is my offer? Cut the crap, what is the offering?

5. floridays

Barren wasteland?

6. floridays

Someone packed truth in his lunch bag today. Excellent.

7. floridays

You confuse the law with policy. Dano was 100% correct.

8. MAKAVELI

No he is not. These policies are put in place to purely limit lawsuits. Plain and simple.

9. floridays

Incorrect

10. Mutineer

Mutineer Active Member

Um. Most if not all of that list is Federal. Which supercedes everything, anyways. Whether states like it or not.

The fact of the matter remains, in an at will state, you can be shown the door without any reason.

If challenged, any reason, within the law will suffice.

Former disgruntled employee: "They fired me cuz I'm a divorced, transgender, pregnant, multiracial, wounded veteran, Devil worshiper with a lazy eye. Hail Satan!"

Former employer: "Nope, things just weren't working out. And one minute late to work a week or so ago, too. See the time card? Not that I needed to prove that, anyways."

End of story. Unless lawyers get involved and discrimination can be proven. And then I will want to marry that lunatic. Cuz he/she/it is gonna be rich!

11. MAKAVELI

You are incorrect.

12. MAKAVELI

#Lawsuit.

13. floridays

Actually, I am not, unless a person works under a labor contract. We weren't addressing labor contracts, so I am correct. Silence would be golden also in this instance as well. Some states allow greater labor protections, state law will dictate.

14. MAKAVELI

You are not as Cali has some of the most labor friendly laws in the nation.

15. floridays

Understood.

16. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Per diem is Latin for per day. Most contractors pay their employees a flat rate per day of work. If you don't go out and run that route that day you don't collect your per diem that day. On the other hand some contractors pay on a per stop basis

17. floridays

I know what per diem is, you don't. Say thank you to me next time you don't misuse the term.

18. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

According to the California Labor Code, California is an Aat-will@ employment state. Under the at-will presumption, a Californiaemployer, absent an agreement or statutory or public policy exception to the contrary, may terminate an employee for any reason at any time.

19. floridays

Thanks for the research.

20. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Always a pleasure to dink on mak.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List