Management counter-balance -- a Proposal

extranatty

Preloader here. This job is often a nightmare and we're constantly screamed at for not being able to do the impossible. Whether it be blow-bys, stacking, or mis-loads. How can you simultaneously not stack and have no blow-bys when 20 packages in a row hit you at once? Often I'm screamed at 2 minutes after I was transferred to a set. Your supervisor will yell at you to use the method and move the package up the belt but there is almost always a 100 lb package in the way or your stack consists of one. It is company policy that if you fail to maintain their impossible standard at all times, you are actively choosing to not use 'the methods', ie. willful disobedience.

If the next contract isn't anything short of amazing, UPS is going to tank. We're understaffed as it is and many of my co-workers are quitting next month. I've advised them all to misload as much as possible their last day. With that, I have a proposal for the next contract...

==================

All management employees must load a 3 car set once a year. If they fail to maintain a proper PPH, have blowbys, misload, or anything else that anyone else would be disciplined and screamed at for for -- they lose their job. According to UPS, they are willfully choosing to not use the methods, and thus deserve termination.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2400.GIF
Preloader here. This job is often a nightmare and we're constantly screamed at for not being able to do the impossible. Whether it be blow-bys, stacking, or mis-loads. How can you simultaneously not stack and have no blow-bys when 20 packages in a row hit you at once? Often I'm screamed at 2 minutes after I was transferred to a set. Your supervisor will yell at you to use the method and move the package up the belt but there is almost always a 100 lb package in the way or your stack consists of one. It is company policy that if you fail to maintain their impossible standard at all times, you are actively choosing to not use 'the methods', ie. willful disobedience.

If the next contract isn't anything short of amazing, UPS is going to tank. We're understaffed as it is and many of my co-workers are quitting next month. I've advised them all to misload as much as possible their last day. With that, I have a proposal for the next contract...

==================

All management employees must load a 3 car set once a year. If they fail to maintain a proper PPH, have blowbys, misload, or anything else that anyone else would be disciplined and screamed at for for -- they lose their job. According to UPS, they are willfully choosing to not use the methods, and thus deserve termination.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

==================

Dude why are you constantly trying to fire someone. Is it your Nazi leanings that make you obsessed with fire, and firing people?
Wars over you all lost

Box Ox

It is company policy that if you fail to maintain their impossible standard at all times, you are actively choosing to not use 'the methods', ie. willful disobedience.

No it's not. Might a supervisor be able to fool you into thinking that? Sure.

Look, I was a preloader for a few years and get what you're saying about the impossible volume. But you can't be touched if you're doing your best and working safely.

extranatty

No it's not. Might a supervisor be able to fool you into thinking that? Sure.

Look, I was a preloader for a few years and get what you're saying about the impossible volume. But you can't be touched if you're doing your best and working safely.

Well, as my center manager said; "I'm sorry but this comes from the top". Things have changed. In fact, the Preload has changed a lot this year. We used to work 3.5 hours now it's 5 hours every day. They used to try to send us home but nobody has been sent home in 7 month. I was chewed out for using a sick day as I was too sick to drive.

Dude why are you constantly trying to fire someone. Is it your Nazi leanings that make you obsessed with fire, and firing people?
Wars over you all lost

I'm not trying to fire anyone and I would never want that. I just want counter balances in place that don't rely on a possibly corrupt/apathetic union steward. No union member should be breaching the contract in the first place. Doing so undermines the union; so why even bother posting in a "union issues" forum?

Everyone at my hub works hard, including management. But this company is exploiting us and the union is not solving anything. We're understaffed in the Preload and many of my coworkers are quitting next month. If the next contract is anything short of spectacular, I'm also quitting, as I imagine half the hub is. Why else would anyone work the preload unless they're hoping it's about to get better?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well, as my center manager said; "I'm sorry but this comes from the top". Things have changed. In fact, the Preload has changed a lot this year. We used to work 3.5 hours now it's 5 hours every day. They used to try to send us home but nobody has been sent home in 7 month. I was chewed out for using a sick day as I was too sick to drive.

I'm not trying to fire anyone and I would never want that. I just want counter balances in place that don't rely on a possibly corrupt/apathetic union steward. No union member should be breaching the contract in the first place. Doing so undermines the union; so why even bother posting in a "union issues" forum?

Everyone at my hub works hard, including management. But this company is exploiting us and the union is not solving anything. We're understaffed in the Preload and many of my coworkers are quitting next month. If the next contract is anything short of spectacular, I'm also quitting, as I imagine half the hub is. Why else would anyone work the preload unless they're hoping it's about to get better?

Why they waiting until next month

If it's that bad leave now

extranatty

Why they waiting until next month

If it's that bad leave now

They're going to Amazon and apparently their hire date is next month. You know, $13.50 starting and all. I was trying to tell them that Amazon is a bad bet and they should hold out for the next contract but no dice.

Regardless, I convinced both of them to misload 500 on their last day. God help my hub if they try to fire me over misloads.

extranatty

I get that it's hard to believe you've been lied to about everything. That's why I suggested General Patton. I am an American patriot to the core, but I can't say much for you Holocaust sympathizers. Somehow you violently believe nonsense you were told growing up. But none of you or your family were there.

My family was there. Nobody came for the village idiot. Nobody came for the Jews that owned one of the general stores. Hitler built the first highway, that ended at this town. After the war, my family guided people escaping from East Germany across the minefields. My family was killed, after saving hundreds, because of ignorant people like you. Look up what General Patton had to say before he was assassinated.

Future

Victory Ride
I get that it's hard to believe you've been lied to about everything. That's why I suggested General Patton. I am an American patriot to the core, but I can't say much for you Holocaust sympathizers. Somehow you violently believe nonsense you were told growing up. But none of you or your family were there.

My family was there. Nobody came for the village idiot. Nobody came for the Jews that owned one of the general stores. Hitler built the first highway, that ended at this town. After the war, my family guided people escaping from East Germany across the minefields. My family was killed, after saving hundreds, because of ignorant people like you. Look up what General Patton had to say before he was assassinated.
SMH

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I've advised them all to misload as much as possible their last day. With that, I have a proposal for the next contract...

but you want everyone to work together, including management..

you are in need of some serious help.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If the next contract isn't anything short of amazing, UPS is going to tank.

Thanks, for that thoughtful insight.

We're understaffed as it is and many of my co-workers are quitting next month. I've advised them all to misload as much as possible their last day.

Stand up guy.

Delusional in the sense, your opinion matters.

Your tenure as a Teamster.... has come to a close.

(if not now, shortly)

-Bug-

extranatty

I've advised them all to misload as much as possible their last day. With that, I have a proposal for the next contract...

but you want everyone to work together, including management..

you are in need of some serious help.

It seems like you think I need 'serious help' because I want everyone to work together. Yet, I assume it's because my avatar is Ben Garrison or that I talked about Jews. Which is kind of sad as I've been civil and completely open to different ideas the entire time.

Your tenure as a Teamster.... has come to a close.

Well spoken for a union guy. Exactly what I'd expect from you pieces of garbage. When have you stood up for the part-timers? You're awful, you don't do your job and then you go off on me. Why the hell should a preloader be screamed at for nothing then bust his ass for $11/hr when he can be treated with respect and paid the same at basically any other job? What happens when God asks why you didn't bother to do your job. You're poison, it seems no one is interested in fighting for an actual union -- just a bunch of obsolete cuckolds

I tried for this company out of principal but apparently, according to you, I need to take the software job that pays 3 times as much for doing something I actually enjoy.