Marking another fatality(Yahoo ref)

qdg2

South Carolina.

62 yo killed by a shifter.

No vest......poorly lighted.

I encourage ANYONE to just go out in the yard or inside the hub and just watch for 10 minutes.

I watch shifters at the rev limiter/gov fly around the yard. Carwash, feeders, pkg, mgt, and civilians running every stopping and busting every speed limit.

I watch drivers walk about the yard with no vest. They say "Just going to my tractor....."(which happens to be the full length of the yard away...)

Every UPS yard is at least poorly lit.

I watch yard walkers stand behind trailers with no orange cone at the front...lot's of these folks set the cone BEHIND the trailer.....these folks will go in pairs and stand TOGETHER BEHIND THE TRAILER with no cone.

How about barn door trailers wide open, doors flapping in the breeze tearing around the yard full pop.

Yet, we have UNION BROTHERS who won't say a word to anyone...they say MYODB.....

I bet this guy was someone's Grandpa.

Godspeed Brother

Integrity

Binge Poster
I had to address Yard Control Safety back around 2004-5. It has gotten better but it has regressed since we had the crusade.

nWo

I see package car drivers vestless all the time.
I've never see a feeder drive in the yard without a vest and a big gulp.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
South Carolina.

I encourage ANYONE to just go out in the yard or inside the hub and just watch for 10 minutes.

I watch shifters at the rev limiter/gov fly around the yard. Carwash, feeders, pkg, mgt, and civilians running every stopping and busting every speed limit.

I watch drivers walk about the yard with no vest. They say "Just going to my tractor....."(which happens to be the full length of the yard away...)

I watch yard walkers stand behind trailers with no orange cone at the front...lot's of these folks set the cone BEHIND the trailer.....these folks will go in pairs and stand TOGETHER BEHIND THE TRAILER with no cone.

How about barn door trailers wide open, doors flapping in the breeze tearing around the yard full pop.

Yet, we have UNION BROTHERS who won't say a word to anyone...they say MYODB.....

Godspeed Brother
Why no vest? Don't blame that on the company.

rickyb

South Carolina.

Godspeed Brother
capitalism claims another life

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
capitalism claims another life
Like peasants in North Korea are cared for.
oie_animation.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
South Carolina.

Godspeed Brother
Civilians? We’re all civilians! Lol

qdg2

Civilians? We’re all civilians! Lol
An oddly obtuse observation on a dead man's grave.

However, the term was used to differentiate UPS'ers from the "public"...but that wouldn't be exactly correct either.

Contextually......

I think most folks understood the usage.

UnionStrong

However, the term was used to differentiate UPS'ers from the "public"...but that wouldn't be exactly correct either.

Contextually......

Bullying and hateful. Get lost

UnionStrong

Contextually......

D3B6E828-3173-41B1-A580-8B5A14B5AC49.jpeg

UnionStrong

Contextually......

Don’t care

Thebrownblob

I’m not sure what we can make out about the story I just searched it, half of the stories are saying it’s UPS freight which does not exist maybe we should reserve judgment until we actually know what we’re talking about.

Last edited: