might be voting yes...

stink219

I think I am voting no. Mainly because harassment/excessive OT hasn't been addressed. My local says we have 9.5 but that to me doesn't mean #@$%$. I don't want the money I want family time. 9.5 isn't suppose to be about getting paid it should be about me being able to get home at a decent time.
So you want an 8 hour day? Bid 22.3.

stink219

I understand where you are coming from. I chose to accept the OT. Every time I get out early or get a day off I end up spending a lot money. Why can't you bid on 22.3? No jobs? Seniority issue?

stink219

So you'll be getting a big raise soon? Be conscious of the fact that a driving job at UPS has never been an 8 hour day. I agree over 10 is a bit much. But you do know that the new language will provide opportunity for the union to address staffing issues for excessive hours?

A

anonymous6

how many people here thought the 2008 contract was great? ever since I have been coming on BC all people do is bitch about the 2008 contract.

this one is worse. go ahead and pass it but if you do you better not come here for the next 5 years complaining about it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So you'll be getting a big raise soon? Be conscious of the fact that a driving job at UPS has never been an 8 hour day. I agree over 10 is a bit much. But you do know that the new language will provide opportunity for the union to address staffing issues for excessive hours?

BIG RAISE STINK? really? are you this dumb? IS that how YOU view it? A big raise?

Look, do the math ******, the extending of the part timers progression is the same money they giving in raises. WE ARE FINANCING the raise OURSELVES! The part timers are paying for it, so why not tell them THANK YOU?

The company is giving us NOTHING. All HOFFA/HALL did, was take money away from the part timers and give it back to us in the form of raises. And for that youre excited?

What dont you understand about a shell game?

You take from one position and give it to the other. The part timers are getting robbed out of money in their pockets and you are gladly putting it into yours.

Peace

TOS

stink219

how many people here thought the 2008 contract was great? ever since I have been coming on BC all people do is bitch about the 2008 contract.

this one is worse. go ahead and pass it but if you do you better not come here for the next 5 years complaining about it.
That goes for you too.

Delivered

I was pretty disgruntled with all the rumors of the TA, and was pretty set on voting no, but now after recieving a contract "summary" and pension statement. It doesnt look all bad. Even the part-time medical didnt look all that bad.

The only concession I found on the medical was a deductible of about $100, the medical is now covered by teamsters, but UPS still kicks in coverage where the teamsters plan falls short. So in the end, coverage is only slightly more expensive.

I am very happy about not having split raises! And although the part-time pension looks kinda anemic in the NMA, I just recieved my pension statement from west-coast and it looks like the pension is actually better that what the NMA shows.

Before I cast my ballot.... is there anything else I should be considering? It really doesnt seem as horrible as I thought it would be!

I'm glad you took 5 minutes out of your life to read the "contract summary". Way to make an informed meaningful life decision.

brown_trousers

EXACTLY! You should have known this was a high overtime job before you signed on, theres no room to complain about it now. Its just like those guys that complain about having to be in a union here at UPS, like they had no Iidea this was a union job before they signed on.

If you accept a FT driver position, you accept overtime as well!

EXACTLY! You should have known this was a high overtime job before you signed on, theres no room to complain about it now. Its just like those guys that complain about having to be in a union here at UPS, like they had no Iidea this was a union job before they signed on.

If you accept a FT driver position, you accept overtime as well!
I devote my life to weekends only at this place. The only good thing is if you want OT it's easy to get. If you don't it takes a little bit of time but if you stick to filing it works. They give a a lot days off. Most company's don't do that. Some of my customers think I might get fired if I keep taking off. I tell them the company loves it as long as they have coverage you are ok. They don't want to pay any 8hour guaranties if they don't have to. They look at me like I have three heads. LOL.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No vote is a no brainer. 4 year progression for new hires. That means a guy or a gal who has to wait 4 to 8 years to go full time and then another 4 year wait to go full scale, thats 8 to 12 years for full scale that could be alot of years in their career there getting hosed. Our local guy said our health care is not changing but yet it said in the atlantic agreement it is going to central states plan in jan 2014. I was thinking to myself our union guy is lying right to our face u jerk. And 3.90 in 5 years really thats bunch of bull with all the money their making and the cost of living going up and up. We havent seen a cola raise since Jimmy Carter was president lol. Anyway people who are voting yes are not thinking about the effects its going to take on others,all about themselves sad man real sad

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
So you've bought all of the fear tactics then? Go on strike? You haven't been paying attention. You won't be losing money, you won't be gaining much...so your number crunching omitted the UPS profit figures? How much money does UPS need to make before you're due a little more?

Actually we have had split raises for the last 4 years, so that part looks nice. Starting wage is $10, although I would have liked to recieve a bump in my wages also.

As far as UPS covering the remainder of the medical. If we dont think UPS will honor a contractual agreement, there's really no point in negotiating anything at all.

In the end, we all have to vote for what we think is best. I cant risk missing a mortgage payment due to a strike or decreased volume, and I cant afford to feed my family if we go on strike or lose enough volume that I get laid off.

After crunching the numbers for my situation, I wont be losing money with this new contract, but I wont be gaining much either. Id say we are about breaking even on this new contract

hyena

so you've bought all of the fear tactics then? Go on strike? You haven't been paying attention. You won't be losing money, you won't be gaining much...so your number crunching omitted the ups profit figures? how much money does ups need to make before you're due a little more?
how much more do we need to be making?

Last edited by a moderator: