might be voting yes...

mrwiliker

the summary is a joke. bust out the actual contract and break apart article 34. you might just feel a wee bit of outrage when comparing it to the highlights...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why did over9five fix this "quote". Are mods now editing quotes for what? Grammar, spelling, what?

My guess is the poster changed the wording in the quote to reflect something the quoted poster did not mean or intend.
That is against the Terms of Service of Brown Cafe unless it is indicated as "I fixed it for you".
I believe you have complained about this behavior by others when they change your post in a quote.

Another possibility is the poster screwed up the quote by accidentally changing the "Quote" parameters.

Indecisi0n

So you'll be getting a big raise soon? Be conscious of the fact that a driving job at UPS has never been an 8 hour day. I agree over 10 is a bit much. But you do know that the new language will provide opportunity for the union to address staffing issues for excessive hours?

Yes I am aware of this and understand where you are coming from. I don't mind peak and being blown out from top to bottom, front to back but when its all year round it starts to get old i guess.

over9five

Staff member
Why did over9five fix this "quote". Are mods now editing quotes for what? Grammar, spelling, what?
No way man. Sometimes quotes get mixed together with the post. All I do is separate them so you can see who said what.
Nothing was changed.

Good question, tho.

stink219

So you'll be getting a big raise soon? Be conscious of the fact that a driving job at UPS has never been an 8 hour day. I agree over 10 is a bit much. But you do know that the new language will provide opportunity for the union to address staffing issues for excessive hours?

BIG RAISE STINK? really? are you this dumb? IS that how YOU view it? A big raise?

Look, do the math ******, the extending of the part timers progression is the same money they giving in raises. WE ARE FINANCING the raise OURSELVES! The part timers are paying for it, so why not tell them THANK YOU?

The company is giving us NOTHING. All HOFFA/HALL did, was take money away from the part timers and give it back to us in the form of raises. And for that youre excited?

What dont you understand about a shell game?

You take from one position and give it to the other. The part timers are getting robbed out of money in their pockets and you are gladly putting it into yours.

Peace

TOS

Yes, I do see a big raise as a good thing. Of course you would not. I realized your one of the negative people that will do everything to disrupt.

Part timers will now have better driving opportunities they never had before. They have the ability of reducing their progression while driving for seasonal work. How is this not an improvement?

You call yourself "The Other Side"? What side is that? The negative side?

Peace,
S

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yes, I do see a big raise as a good thing. Of course you would not. I realized your one of the negative people that will do everything to disrupt.

Part timers will now have better driving opportunities they never had before. They have the ability of reducing their progression while driving for seasonal work. How is this not an improvement?

You call yourself "The Other Side"? What side is that? The negative side?

Peace,
S
Stink- why not support making ALL pkg car and feeder jobs full-time? When there is not enough driving work they could go back inside. That would be better than expanding the use of part-timers on the road. Please think about this for a few moments before you take it as an attack on your views.

stink219

No attack taken.
That is an amazing idea! A better idea is to make every job a full time gig. But everything isn't as easy as just doing it. This business has changed dramatically in the last 15 years. UPS isn't the only one to blame. Their are so many factors people don't take into account. Like someone on BC suggested a raise that would deplete UPS's reserves, essentially sending them broke.
But back to your point.
The difficulty lies in structuring the full time position once back inside. Not every building has back to back shifts. So do we have some people take an 8 hour lunch? The amount of money in the increased full time jobs will be amazing. The reduction in volume of stock will cause people to withdraw money in wall street. Etc.
Look man, I wish every person at UPS could make a million bucks an hour. Some people on here would complain that I said only a million. Lol. The reality is, UPS should remain a powerful profitable company. If they have 4 billion, should we be taking the whole thing?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
No way man. Sometimes quotes get mixed together with the post. All I do is separate them so you can see who said what.
Nothing was changed.

Good question, tho.
Cool, I thought you changed HIS quote. It didn't seem to fit what HE usually says.

realbrown1

No attack taken.
That is an amazing idea! A better idea is to make every job a full time gig. But everything isn't as easy as just doing it. This business has changed dramatically in the last 15 years. UPS isn't the only one to blame. Their are so many factors people don't take into account. Like someone on BC suggested a raise that would deplete UPS's reserves, essentially sending them broke.
But back to your point.
The difficulty lies in structuring the full time position once back inside. Not every building has back to back shifts. So do we have some people take an 8 hour lunch? The amount of money in the increased full time jobs will be amazing. The reduction in volume of stock will cause people to withdraw money in wall street. Etc.
Look man, I wish every person at UPS could make a million bucks an hour. Some people on here would complain that I said only a million. Lol. The reality is, UPS should remain a powerful profitable company. If they have 4 billion, should we be taking the whole thing?

I don't hear many NO voters talking about making alot more money. But when this contract takes money out of our pocket in the form of higher insurance costs, it's a NO vote for us. You just don't seem to be able to understand that.
I want UPS to remain profitable and have their profits increase, but not by taking away from us what we already enjoy.
I don't really know why I am wasting my time with you explaining this, you obviously never make up your own mind. What ever Hoffa wants, right?

hyena

how much more do we need to be making?
Yea I screwed this way up. I was trying to emphasize the We. Meaning WE ARE THE COMPANY. WE ARE THE ONES MAKING THE MONEY. Thanx for fixing what you did Over 9 and Dracula I was with you on what you were saying after rereading today my post came out completely wrong

hyena

Cool, I thought you changed HIS quote. It didn't seem to fit what HE usually says.
Realbrown1 thanx for having my back on this. I just realized this was all about my post. And yes what I typed came out completely wrong. When I reread it I was like wow im a real. I want current healtcare plan and Id be happy with a dollar a yr raise amongst other things.

realbrown1

Realbrown1 thanx for having my back on this. I just realized this was all about my post. And yes what I typed came out completely wrong. When I reread it I was like wow im a real. I want current healtcare plan and Id be happy with a dollar a yr raise amongst other things.

No problem.

stink219

No attack taken.
But back to your point.

I don't hear many NO voters talking about making alot more money. But when this contract takes money out of our pocket in the form of higher insurance costs, it's a NO vote for us. You just don't seem to be able to understand that.
I want UPS to remain profitable and have their profits increase, but not by taking away from us what we already enjoy.
I don't really know why I am wasting my time with you explaining this, you obviously never make up your own mind. What ever Hoffa wants, right?
Doesn't Paff's dik tell you how to vote?
The $20K extra people will make really will suck!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My gut feeling sais the contract will pass. Do i want to see it pass nope. I think theres too many questions about the health care that are left unanswered. The whole deal about 4 year progression is bs and i think alot of people already know this. I think there will be alot of people who dont vote such as part timers and numbnutt full timers who dont give a damm or are just too stupid to vote. I myself could be like one of these selfish people who vote yes because they only care about themselves, as i am already double covered on health insurance as i am on my wifes insurance also and i have 3 different aflac policies(CRITICAL ILLNESS,HOSPITALIZATION AND LONG TERM DISSABILITY). Yeah i could be selfish but im not the type of dude thats going to leave a fallen man behind screw that! Unfortunately we dont all think alike but the ones who care about other fellow workers welfare i feel ya and im witcha lol. We all know if it comes back as a no vote were not going to strike thats commonsense it aint going to happen. Go back to the table and give us a better deal and lets get er done WORD!