Monday through Friday drivers forced T-S

Back in August 10 of us were forced into a T-S schedule. We are M-friend RPCDs. In the contract it states that they have 18 months after contract ratification to have everyone moved back to a M-friend schedule. That date was October 15th. We are still being forced T-S and have filed one big grievance but nothing is being done about it and at the local level the outcome was deadlocked.

How can UPS break the contract like this week after week and get away with it?

charm299

Back in August 10 of us were forced into a T-S schedule. We are M-friend RPCDs. In the contract it states that they have 18 months after contract ratification to have everyone moved back to a M-friend schedule. That date was October 15th. We are still being forced T-S and have filed one big grievance but nothing is being done about it and at the local level the outcome was deadlocked.

To answer your question- because the union allows them to. Just be lucky you’re not on a Monday thru Saturday schedule

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Yea idk what you’re complaining about when you’re getting your normal 5 days a week. Some of us were stuck with 6 days. And some of them are still in 6 days.

That is besides the point. Id rather take voluntary layoff on a Monday, and only work T-friend.

Our center is FAR from being forced M-S (yet that is a breach of contract as well). On an average day we have 5 people take voluntary layoffs each day. Peak currently we are at 8 hours a day.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
File a grievance on this every day. No matter the outcome, don’t care if its deadlocked; they would be drowning in grievances from me and I would be pressuring all 9 other drivers to do the same thing. This company is such dog s+*^ man. Go above the Union. This shouldn’t be an issue it is very clearly stated in the contract. Like why do we even go through this whole show with the Teamsters if they can’t even take a stance on things that have clear language. Rant over. Beer in hand. Good night boys.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
File a grievance on this every day. No matter the outcome, don’t care if its deadlocked; they would be drowning in grievances from me and I would be pressuring all 9 other drivers to do the same thing. This company is such dog s+*^ man. Go above the Union. This shouldn’t be an issue it is very clearly stated in the contract. Like why do we even go through this whole show with the Teamsters if they can’t even take a stance on things that have clear language. Rant over. Beer in hand. Good night boys.
Really this should be as simple as BA calls labor. Nope these are M-friend RPCD. The end.

542thruNthru

Sounds like the grievance process is not through. It will go to panels and arbitration.

Things don't always get resolved in a matter of weeks.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You know, for being Union "brothers" and "sisters" you guys really don't give a * that the company is *ing over someone other than yourself
tenor.gif

Up In Smoke

Change in operational needs has been argued against our grievances when schedules are altered. The company is supposed to give labor advance warning when this occurs, but peak sneaks up every year. I don't believe we have ever won a grievance on this matter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Change in operational needs has been argued against our grievances when schedules are altered. The company is supposed to give labor advance warning when this occurs, but peak sneaks up every year. I don't believe we have ever won a grievance on this matter.
Then why even put it in the contract? Or better yet why bother with 22.4?

The contract is pretty clear on this matter.