Mueller is wrapping it up - "I can't subpoena Trump"

It will be fine

If Mueller has evidence of a crime he doesn't need Trump's testimony to move forward with a recommendation to impeach. He's already shown he's willing to twist testimony into a supposed lie. The FBI agents who interviewed Flynn said they saw no evidence of deception. They believed Flynn told the truth. Yet somehow Mueller twisted that and has about ruined Flynn financially. My biggest hope out of this is Mueller gets indicted for prosecutorial misconduct.
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the Flynn plea deal. He committed a bunch of crimes. Mueller had him. Flynn agreed to cooperate in exchange for a plea to lying to the FBI. That doesn’t mean that is the crime he committed, it means the sentence for that crime was agreeable in exchange for his cooperation.

newfie

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the Flynn plea deal. He committed a bunch of crimes. Mueller had him. Flynn agreed to cooperate in exchange for a plea to lying to the FBI. That doesn’t mean that is the crime he committed, it means the sentence for that crime was agreeable in exchange for his cooperation.

I've not seen anything that says Flynn did anything but lie about a contact with a Russian ambassador. Do you have more evidence of more wrong doing to reveal?

It will be fine

I've not seen anything that says Flynn did anything but lie about a contact with a Russian ambassador. Do you have more evidence of more wrong doing to reveal?
You think the only crime he committed was lying and he accepted a guilty plea in exchange for cooperation? That doesn’t make sense. Why would he take that deal? It wouldn’t benefit him if that was his only crime.

Box Ox

No. That’s what the ongoing investigation is for though, right? We’re not necessarily supposed to know about the evidence investigators have?

newfie

You think the only crime he committed was lying and he accepted a guilty plea in exchange for cooperation? That doesn’t make sense. Why would he take that deal? It wouldn’t benefit him if that was his only crime.

I was not asking you what I think. I asked you what all these other crimes were you referred to ? Everything leaks in DC you have a logan act violation on Flynn with the thought that no one ever gets prosecuted for the logan act. and then you have the lying to the FBI which is contradicted by earlier testimony that fbi investigators speaking with Flynn did not feel that he Flynn was trying to mislead them.

I am curious as to what else they had on Flynn.

therefore you have two theories on him one being yours and the other being once they felt they had nothing else on him Flynn they went for a quick settlement of his wrong doings to score the win.

It will be fine

I was not asking you what I think. I asked you what all these other crimes were you referred to ? Everything leaks in DC you have a logan act violation on Flynn with the thought that no one ever gets prosecuted for the logan act. and then you have the lying to the FBI which is contradicted by earlier testimony that fbi investigators speaking with Flynn did not feel that he Flynn was trying to mislead them.

I am curious as to what else they had on Flynn.

therefore you have two theories on him one being yours and the other being once they felt they had nothing else on him Flynn they went for a quick settlement of his wrong doings to score the win.
So Flynn didn’t lie to the FBI and he didn’t commit any other crime, but then he accepted a plea deal in exchange for cooperation? What cooperation could he offer if he was not a party to any criminal activity? Your argument doesn’t make any sense.

newfie

So Flynn didn’t lie to the FBI and he didn’t commit any other crime, but then he accepted a plea deal in exchange for cooperation? What cooperation could he offer if he was not a party to any criminal activity? Your argument doesn’t make any sense.

deflecting. I simply asked you to provide your evidence that Flynn did more then a simple lying to the government. suspect as that may be.

vantexan

Only crime I've heard about was lying to the FBI. If you're going to use the word "bunch" you should tell us what they were. Mueller is known for using perjury traps in his questioning.