My entire pen is overwhelmed by too much volume everyday..

specter208

start at 4:05 here. And we definitely go past 9.
I make $21 less a week than when we started at 3:50. All that time is spilling over into driver start regardless of the garbage help they send me.

3:30 when I was hired summertime.
My first 3 months were 3:15 M, 3:30 T, 3:45 TH-friend.

Rest of the year after that peak was 3:30 Monday and 4:00 rest of the weak

2nd year was 3:30 Monday, 4:30 rest of week

5 months into 3rd year and it is now 3:30 Monday, 4:30 Tuesday-Wednesday, 4:45 Thursday-Friday

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You don't like supervisors, I can tell from seeing you around the forums.

We can't control volume, I wish we could.
Yeah but you can control how many loaders you keep working and not sending them home. I had a mountain of packages behind my truck as the part time sup stands there and watches me load them in.

Staydryitsraining

Call OSHA and register a complaint on egress. Its a big misconception that people have to be the victim. you would be surprised how managements butt puckers up when they get the paperwork in the mail from OSHA.
I can second this. Call osha and file everyday they arent doing things the way they should be done. Make sure you on time and come to work everyday though, if you do they cant do anything about it.

Hannah-banana

Doesn't explain your inability to do your job.
Yeah, I'm actually pretty good at the job. Building manager helped set me up with a transfer before I completed a year. My drivers are always grateful for my load quality.

You must be a sad person. Do you get some kind of sick pleasure from mocking people? It would probably be pretty funny to watch you try to load a few trucks.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yeah, I'm actually pretty good at the job. Building manager helped set me up with a transfer before I completed a year. My drivers are always grateful for my load quality.

You must be a sad person. Do you get some kind of sick pleasure from mocking people? It would probably be pretty funny to watch you try to load a few trucks.
how come

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Can do it better than you ever dream of doing it.

DoPushUPS

On my belt we seem to always get hit with with 40% of our volume in the last hour. It's a :censored2: show. Then irregs and final airs are rushed on the tail end of that last surge. We all do 3-5 PCs with no less than 300 pieces per car. Then two of my PCs get large drops after that. I do everything humanly possible to make it work for my drivers. I make sure there is a note for them describing any packages that needed shifted to a diff section, and they're labeled with black sharpie. Some guys just start chucking packages in during that last hour. I feel for their drivers. Especially with our volume!

I just got my medical card, and am awaiting my road test. THANK GOD!

El Correcto

god is dead
When I was a part timer on the main sort isle I would shut off the entire belt if egress became an issue. I won’t work in an unsafe work environment is what I would tell them. Then repeat what they told me, to, through and away from the exit. It would piss off basically every supervisor in the building including the hub manager when I did this, shutting off the main sort belt shut off the entire building.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When I was a part timer on the main sort isle I would shut off the entire belt if egress became an issue. I won’t work in an unsafe work environment is what I would tell them. Then repeat what they told me, to, through and away from the exit. It would piss off basically every supervisor in the building including the hub manager when I did this, shutting off the main sort belt shut off the entire building.
We had an old time preloader who did this constantly for the whole line back when I was part of a surge of new hires. Some of those kids would stack all the way from the bumper 5 feet to the front of the boxline.

They got called into the office more than once. Won a harassment grievance days later.

boxlines are not nearly as bad when it comes to egress and shutting off but damn it happened 10x daily.

UPS Preloader

After years of fighting this issue, we finally have about 75% of the preloaders on board with this.