My entire pen is overwhelmed by too much volume everyday..

Hannah-banana

My entire pen, ( and others ) have been getting peak sized loads everyday while being expected to do it in less and less time..

Everyday, we get buried and lose egress. Everyone. Everyday, the drivers arrive enraged and cannot even fit the loads in their trucks.

The loaders are getting reprimanded for the problem. I went by the managers office today after the sort to give my notice but there was a line of other loaders already there. Yelling and quitting. Some were in tears.

What in actual @#$!. Is this happening in other places? I'm in Arizona. .

Box Ox

Management will always, always place the blame on whomever they can pass it on to. It doesn’t matter if they’re playing with a blowtorch in the office and the whole place goes up in flames. They’ll always try and find a way to pass the buck. This happens everywhere.

So it really just comes down realizing that this is a reality forever. And how you’re going to respond to it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

LeeRoyBrown

Preload monkey beeyotch
My hub, MT, sending "newbies" home after 30 minutes, add/cuts 1 hour before driver time, when full stack out occurs after the :censored2:ty break time.

4evapreloader

My entire pen, ( and others ) have been getting peak sized loads everyday while being expected to do it in less and less time..

Everyday, we get buried and lose egress. Everyone. Everyday, the drivers arrive enraged and cannot even fit the loads in their trucks.

The loaders are getting reprimanded for the problem. I went by the managers office today after the sort to give my notice but there was a line of other loaders already there. Yelling and quitting. Some were in tears.

Yeah, they are doing that in our building too. Hey, I have zero control over the size of the boxes that are supposed to go in the truck. If they don't fit, it has nothing to do with me. Someone actually asked me BEFORE the shift even started if everything was going to fit. Nonsensical questions get nonsensical answers from me. I'm not a psychic.

Tony Q

Call OSHA and register a complaint on egress. Its a big misconception that people have to be the victim. you would be surprised how managements butt puckers up when they get the paperwork in the mail from OSHA.

An0n

SAME EVERY DAMN DAY LOL

Management will always, always place the blame on whomever they can pass it on to. It doesn’t matter if they’re playing with a blowtorch in the office and the whole place goes up in flames. They’ll always try and find a way to pass the buck. This happens everywhere.

So it really just comes down realizing that this is a reality forever. And how you’re going to respond to it.

You don't like supervisors, I can tell from seeing you around the forums.

We can't control volume, I wish we could.

What would you have us say and do about it? I bring in my loaders early to clear cages, but there is only so much allotted time.

When volume is high, loaders lay down and give up instead of working through. When this happens, the stackout is their fault and I let them know. When they keep going and don't get discouraged, I do my best to get them help at the end.

PT Car Washer

Waiting in line to quit? At my building they just never show up again.

Box Ox

What would you have us say and do about it? I bring in my loaders early to clear cages, but there is only so much allotted time.

When volume is high, loaders lay down and give up instead of working through. When this happens, the stackout is their fault and I let them know. When they keep going and don't get discouraged, I do my best to get them help at the end.

They “give up” because they can no longer safely move through their work area. My answer to your “just work through it” would have been to stop the belt and clean it up. And you would have been yelling to cut the belt back on because your PPH numbers were dropping.

You can add routes, lower routes per loader, run the joint like you actually care about safety. Or even, at the very least, acknowledge that management’s expectations of their loaders’ numbers are wildly irrational.

Management doesn’t want to do that because they’re all under the gun from their higher ups. But they have, extremely rarely, demonstrated at my center that they are able to “take a hit” from higher ups and do what’s right if only for one day.

PT Car Washer

They “give up” because they can no longer safely move through their work area. My answer to your “just work through it” would have been to stop the belt and clean it up. And you would have been yelling to cut the belt back on because your PPH numbers were dropping.

You can add routes, lower routes per loader, run the joint like you actually care about safety. Or even, at the very least, acknowledge that management’s expectations of their loaders’ numbers are wildly irrational.

Management doesn’t want to do that because they’re all under the gun from their higher ups. But they have, extremely rarely, demonstrated at my center that they are able to “take a hit” from higher ups and do what’s right if only for one day.
The only time we have a good day is when we have VIP's in for a "Dog and Pony Show".

Hannah-banana

How hard is it to load packages into a package car?
It is designed hold packages for bleeps sake.

Um are you serious? Or being sarcastic?

With a normal flow it's fine. Challenging but fun. I average about 225 PPH.

This volume is not humanly possible. It come down the belt in heaps that are falling off the belt. It cannot be split.

So we find ourselves burrowing through the boxes to find our numbers and then all we can do is stack and keep burrowing.

If we turn to load, the volume goes pouring off the end and out the doors like a box volcano. It's absurd.

Hannah-banana

You have to learn to ignore it.

I've only been loading for 6 months but it's so absurd and just hostile all around. Only getting worse everyday. I can't see myself doing this for 20 or 30 years.

I'm kinda sweet, not soldier material. But thank you for the encouragement anyway.