Negotiations Update (April 19, 2013)

beavis

For what it's worth I heard none of the negotiators were allowed to leave the table over the weekend so a deal is likely to get done this week. Amazon's threat to take their business elsewhere if a deal wasn't negotiated by May 1st must have got the attention of UPS.

balland chain

That should light a fire under their ass'...Heck if we loose Amazon, we will loose quite a few feeder jobs and that is not good for us hourlies or big brown..

Inthegame

For what it's worth I heard none of the negotiators were allowed to leave the table over the weekend so a deal is likely to get done this week. Amazon's threat to take their business elsewhere if a deal wasn't negotiated by May 1st must have got the attention of UPS.
You heard wrong. Many high level "negotiators" left late Thursday. Several supplements still open with little discussion or movement from UPS. This will be an interesting week.

beavis

You heard wrong. Many high level "negotiators" left late Thursday. Several supplements still open with little discussion or movement from UPS. This will be an interesting week.
Many or all? Yes, as of Thursday that was supposed to be the plan but the particular "high level negotiator" from our local was told to cancel his flight home for the weekend to continue discussions. I certainly could have heard wrong as it was 3rd hand from a steward who talked to a our business agent who talked to the negotiator...

Many or all? Yes, as of Thursday that was supposed to be the plan but the particular "high level negotiator" from our local was told to cancel his flight home for the weekend to continue discussions. I certainly could have heard wrong as it was 3rd hand from a steward who talked to a our business agent who talked to the negotiator...
Dude you heard wrong. Lets just keep it at that.

Gr8fulMark

Send Hall and Hoffa A message No Concessions

Let Mr Hoffa and Mr Hall
Know How you Feel
Have everyone in your Family send them a Letter

Contact Us

Please be advised that if you have a matter of importance that you would like addressed in an official manner you need to write a letter to the address provided below.

When communicating with the IBT, please be sure to include a return address so that a reply can be made. Also include your local union number, if applicable.

The IBT Shipping Department will not accept packages/letters from non-union carriers. Such mail will be refused and returned to sender. Acceptable carriers are United Parcel Service (UPS) and the United States Postal Service.

Please use the Division and Department descriptions to help you determine the appropriate recipient of your letter, as well as reviewing the areas of responsibility of the General President and the General Secretary-Treasurer. While most departments and divisions have corresponding email addresses, please note that the General President and the General Secretary-Treasurer cannot be communicated with electronically.

Proper Forms of Address:
General President James P. Hoffa
25 Louisiana Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001

or

General Secretary-Treasurer hall
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Office of the General Secretary-Treasurer
25 Louisiana Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001

(202) 624-6800

iruhnman630

I thought that was March 31st?

balland chain

The Central States plan WILL NEVER give us better benefits.. Even if there are tens of thousands of new members.. They have shown me what they will do with our benefits...I am adamantly against Central States continuing to provide the inferior insurance to myself and the rest of the hard working UPS members...As I have stated in other post, I am shocked that the Union feels this is good for us, if they are considering dumping all UPSers into that plan...

beavis

Both sides of a negotiation throw out ultimatums.

My read is that the March 31st was actually for consumption by the UPS team and not the Union membership.

Right, but the May 1st deadline mentioned wasn't from UPS or Teamster negotiators. It was from Amazon. I've heard differing reports on what actual percentage of our total volume is from Amazon and Amazon owned companies but nonetheless they are an enormously large shipper that UPS wouldn't want to lose.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can't see how we would lose net benefits. The CS/MyTeamCare would have tens of thousands of new people to negotiate a better deal with.
How we would lose benefits? It's called the Affordable Care Act. We will lose benefits regardless of who runs it.

I know this is a touchy subject but just read an article in our paper about this. The local community college is cutting classes big time because they can't afford to give everyone with 40 hours health insurance.