Negotiations

TeltBender

Well I was happy to have my part-time job when I started here because my goal was not to be a part-timer my goal was to be a driver
Yes they could make some of these part-time jobs in the full time jobs but many shifts do not allow it just because the way the work is distributed
95% of pt doesn’t plan on staying, forward thinking PT is an oxymoron the shifts can operate fine with a full time staff

95% of pt doesn’t plan on staying, forward thinking PT is an oxymoron the shifts can operate fine with a full time staff
August what most of the part-time jobs are going to get automated anyways.

Part-time job here is not a career path to feed your family it should be a stepping stone for you to get a full-time job

But unfortunately this new generation are too much a bunch of vaginas that actually have to work to get ahead

So hopefully they don't vote and all this full-timers get a big raise and all the part-timers get kicked out the door cuz I really don't care anymore

Not really, that's what he/she signed up for.

....just like every other part-timer since 1982.
I don't think there's anybody on this form doesn't agree part-timers to make a little bit more

But if you want to work three or four hours a day with family responsibilities of a drive for expect the same pay it's not going to happen

If that was the case nobody would want to go out driving because that's why are the responsibility is

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't think there's anybody on this form doesn't agree part-timers to make a little bit more

But if you want to work three or four hours a day with family responsibilities of a drive for expect the same pay it's not going to happen

If that was the case nobody would want to go out driving because that's why are the responsibility is
I agree, but the point was @altstewie has made his/her commitment to stay part-time and is asking us to continue to let him/her to progress as far as they can until he/she chooses to walk away from this rare part-time job with a full pension and benefits.

I think it is a fair ask from someone who made a conscience choice?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree, but the point was @altstewie has made his/her commitment to stay part-time and is asking us to continue to let him/her to progress as far as they can until he/she chooses to walk away from this rare part-time job with a full pension and benefits.

I think it is a fair ask from someone who made a conscience choice?
I assume pt “full scale” would get GWI same as FT.

PT Car Washer

Not true at all. Prior to the two tier PT wage concession, UPS did not have a difficult time finding FT delivery drivers. Not like today when almost all of our new delivery drivers are off the street hires.

Trucker Clock

the shifts can operate fine with a full time staff

No they can’t.

What about over half the buildings that are just centers, not hubs.

These centers only run 2 sorts. Morning and evening. Or are you suggesting a split shift? Work 4 hours in the morning and come back 8 hours later and work 4 more hours.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What about over half the buildings that are just centers, not hubs.

These centers only run 2 sorts. Morning and evening. Or are you suggesting a split shift? Work 4 hours in the morning and come back 8 hours later and work 4 more hours.
Work morning inside then drive.
Or
Drive then work evening inside.