Negotiations

TeltBender

Why?
The part-timers make up the majority of the workforce but yet they do not vote

They have all the power
They don’t vote because they are PT. There should be no such thing as PT in a union. Do you want a job or not? All inside workers should be fulltime. Why would PT workers be interested investing into a “future” if they don’t even vest 8 hours? Most PT are thinking about leaving UPS for something better, that’s the unions fault for allowing a PT workforce

They don’t vote because they are PT. There should be no such thing as PT in a union. Do you want a job or not? All inside workers should be fulltime. Why would PT workers be interested investing into a “future” if they don’t even vest 8 hours? Most PT are thinking about leaving UPS for something better, that’s the unions fault for allowing a PT workforce
Well I was happy to have my part-time job when I started here because my goal was not to be a part-timer my goal was to be a driver
Yes they could make some of these part-time jobs in the full time jobs but many shifts do not allow it just because the way the work is distributed

upschuck

And if they voted and made their voices heard, there wouldn't be.

Screenshot_20230510-194306-118.png

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Well I was happy to have my part-time job when I started here because my goal was not to be a part-timer my goal was to be a driver
Yes they could make some of these part-time jobs in the full time jobs but many shifts do not allow it just because the way the work is distributed
To be fair, put your preload income into an inflation calculator.

My father started at a much higher rate inflation adjusted than I did.

This is what some people cooked up on facebook last year for what they would like to see. It's not an indication of what to expect in the next contract.

You think "most" of the company's profits were generated by part time employees with less than 9 months of seniority?

Lol.
At $15.50 per hour with no benefits, UPS gets the most bang for the buck with the part timers. That's pure profit, baby. RPCD are expensive.