New 9.5 question. (Hopefully)

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I try to take care of my customers. I've been on my route for a really long time and many of them have been good to me I've the decades.
Same here. But as far as going the extra step for the company? I'm all set. There is a lot they need to fix. Then my moral may change.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

What is considered "pounding the driver" as retaliation...1 stop, 2, 3, 10, 1 bulk stop, 2 bulk stops??

Do I ask you if you are "good" to be under 9.5, you worked 9.63 so I took off 5 stops but you still cannot get done. Weather - where does it end??
It doesn't, ever. 5 stops is nothing.Daily events change.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

The routes are not "mixed up" you get different work everyday to make a complete day. The statement "that is my work/stuff/stops" is long gone.
Sorry you are incorrect. Give drivers work they haven't done before and expecting the same outcome is idiotic. Apartment gate codes are needed. Delivery points. Best time of day to deliver certain areas are needed. Are certain areas to deliver possible when schools let out. Try trying to get in gated areas at 8 at night with no codes. In a big truck and an entrance you aren't familiar with on a busy street.

wide load

What is considered "pounding the driver" as retaliation...1 stop, 2, 3, 10, 1 bulk stop, 2 bulk stops??

Do I ask you if you are "good" to be under 9.5, you worked 9.63 so I took off 5 stops but you still cannot get done. Weather - where does it end??
Do you know that you have an hour and a half of leeway? If you're close to 9.5 why not take more off. If a guy is over 10, that's pounding a driver. That is 2 hours over the requirement. It's not the driver's responsibility to get himself to comply with your agreed upon language, it's yours.

brownIEman

That's the one thing that they do not understand. Treat people like human beings and you will get better production.

That's a great sentiment but it does not pan out in the real world. In fact UPS tried it back in the 90's. Paid huge money to a consulting firm who recommended a complete overhaul of the management culture. Stop ordering from the top down, give the drivers more control over their dispatch since they are the experts. Any one remember the "Work Teams". The whole concept was empower the hourlies, reduce management ranks, stop harping production. The consultants assured the company treating the employees better would result in fewer service failures and eventually better production. Neither happened. Service failures increased and production dropped.

It's a nice thought. Unfortunately there are just too many of your brothers and sisters who are more than happy to stick it to the company if given the chance.

brownIEman

Sorry you are incorrect. Give drivers work they haven't done before and expecting the same outcome is idiotic. Apartment gate codes are needed. Delivery points. Best time of day to deliver certain areas are needed. Are certain areas to deliver possible when schools let out. Try trying to get in gated areas at 8 at night with no codes. In a big truck and an entrance you aren't familiar with on a busy street.

So you're suggesting a driver should only be given the same ranges every day and if his route comes in with 6hrs of work we should just let him go out with that and pay him the 8 hr guarantee? That does not sound like an efficient business model.

wide load

So you're suggesting a driver should only be given the same ranges every day and if his route comes in with 6hrs of work we should just let him go out with that and pay him the 8 hr guarantee? That does not sound like an efficient business model.
I'm dispatched with 6 hours worth of work everyday but it somehow gets me 9.5 hours of pay. When was the last time you pulled a route for a week?