New 9.5 question. (Hopefully)

brownIEman

NO!!

How do I know there isn't an accident that holds me up or some other circumstance, than me delivering ground comes back to bite me in the ass. Air first..... friend your guys productivity I do my job the right way.

So if you go out with 3 air stops you are going to run that first and then backtrack? Got it. You are violating the contract. Just saying.

Appvol

It's comical that you Mr. IE man are on here posting when you couldn't get out of your office and do what we do.

brownIEman

Exactly.... what contract language is being violated ?

ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS Section 1. (a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS Section 1. (a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest.

Rookie.

Faceplanted

So if you go out with 3 air stops you are going to run that first and then backtrack? Got it. You are violating the contract. Just saying.
Yes... what if I do 2 air stops a couple ground, than Get stuck waiting for an accident to clear up and up with a late air. Managment will say I should have done all air first.

brownIEman

It's comical that you Mr. IE man are on here posting when you couldn't get out of your office and do what we do.

I'm glad I could bring some comedy to your day. You are welcome.

For my part, I am also amused when I see drivers on this forum talking like they could dispatch a center efficiently or run a division, or better still, understand the work of a District Manager better than management on the forum.

I was in IE in 2004/5 when I joined the site, hence the username. Since that time I spent several years in operations including roles as DPS and ORS. During my time as an ORS I did indeed leave the office on several occasions to take a route out and as you say, do what you do.

brownIEman

As I said a couple times. Unprovable, so it can safely be ignored, if it makes you feel good to do so.

As I also stated several times, I worked with 2 stewards who routinely ignored it on a daily basis. Although I admit they themselves probably believed they were not.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Exactly.... what contract language is being violated ?
In my 13 years as a steward in a large metropolitan hub, I have yet to see the Company site Art 37 in a disciplinary hearing.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Well, yes. Because my response was about 2 drivers who happened to be very good at getting away with being slugs. If you believe my response has an implication that the majority of drivers are slugs, you are mistaken.
I'm glad I could bring some comedy to your day. You are welcome.

For my part, I am also amused when I see drivers on this forum talking like they could dispatch a center efficiently or run a division, or better still, understand the work of a District Manager better than management on the forum.

I was in IE in 2004/5 when I joined the site, hence the username. Since that time I spent several years in operations including roles as DPS and ORS. During my time as an ORS I did indeed leave the office on several occasions to take a route out and as you say, do what you do.
We are amused with you being so clueless. Violating contract? Query 9.5 violations waiting to be settled lmao. I was one of those runner gunners who tried running as much as I could before 1030. Giving it my all for ups. As I sit here retired with 3 pieces of mesh in my abdomen from 3 hernias and a herniated disk, and a new shoulder my last year I now envy the drivers who followed the methods, provided customer service, and didn't wear out their bodies by working at a steady pace. The real loser is the customer as ups continues trying to get blood from a turnip from a business already busting at the seams. Sears was once untouchable too

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sorry you are incorrect. Give drivers work they haven't done before and expecting the same outcome is idiotic. Apartment gate codes are needed. Delivery points. Best time of day to deliver certain areas are needed. Are certain areas to deliver possible when schools let out. Try trying to get in gated areas at 8 at night with no codes. In a big truck and an entrance you aren't familiar with on a busy street.
This is the post you quoted for this reply:
So you're suggesting a driver should only be given the same ranges every day and if his route comes in with 6hrs of work we should just let him go out with that and pay him the 8 hr guarantee? That does not sound like an efficient business model.
Which led to my response:
Yes, that's what was being suggested when a driver is dispatched "in the blind".....

......and nothing was suggested that anybody be paid for 8, while working 6.

How is sending a driver out in the blind, with 8+ on paper not throwing good money after bad?
How is that "an efficient business model"?

Maybe instead of plain English, somebody can workup an Excel spreadsheet sheet to help this IE guy understand?
....and now you are telling me this???
If you read back in the original posts, no one said anything about being dispatched in the blind.
I'll pass, because that's exactly what was posted.

brownIEman

This is the post you quoted for this reply:

Which led to my response:

....and now you are telling me this???

I'll pass, because that's exactly what was posted.

And if you look at the original post from Dragon, he never said anything about dispatching blind. Nothing by 1030 added that. So yes, I was incorrect in stating no one said anything about dispatch blind. I meant Dragon in the original post. ya got me.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

And if you look at the original post from Dragon, he never said anything about dispatching blind. Nothing by 1030 added that. So yes, I was incorrect in stating no one said anything about dispatch blind. I meant Dragon in the original post. ya got me.
To quote a famous movie line...we had you at hello

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
OK, which part of unprovable and go to it if it makes you feel better are you not understanding? I've said it multiple times now.
I prefer the term arbitrary.
Many sentences, sections, and articles in the contract have vague and arbitrary verbiage, usually to the Company's advantage.
Article 37 isn't one of them that plays to the Company's favor very often.

brownIEman

We are amused with you being so clueless. Violating contract? Query 9.5 violations waiting to be settled lmao. I was one of those runner gunners who tried running as much as I could before 1030. Giving it my all for ups. As I sit here retired with 3 pieces of mesh in my abdomen from 3 hernias and a herniated disk, and a new shoulder my last year I now envy the drivers who followed the methods, provided customer service, and didn't wear out their bodies by working at a steady pace. The real loser is the customer as ups continues trying to get blood from a turnip from a business already busting at the seams. Sears was once untouchable too

How many of those 9.5 violations are a result of over dispatch and how much are drivers working slower than they are capable of safely doing? I will admit that probably the majority of them nationwide are over dispatch. UPS is in the mode of push the stops on the car. The cost of service compared to competition has gotten so out of hand that is how the company now makes a profit. I don't agree with it, but there you go. I can tell you in my center we had very few 9.5 pay grievences, and the few I was involved in were from the two stewards I mention who were routinely working much slower than they were capable of. I know you believe that is justified, or you blindly refuse to believe any teamster would do that. But it did happen, and does happen. It is not justified by the company violating the contract in other areas, IMO.

I am sorry for you current health issues. I am in no way excusing runners, or the current unrealistic expectations set by IE pinheads. The proper way to do the job is to follow the methods and work at a steady pace, not a steady slow pace.

Every notice on any number of threads here that the first advice any new employee gets when asking for advice is to slow down?

Run, run run, is not the right answer, and the management that espouse that are wrong. But slow, slow, slow, till you are working as slowly as you can get away with is not the right answer either, and whether they admit it or not, there are hourlies in the company and on this board who espouse exactly that.

brownIEman

I prefer the term arbitrary.
Many sentences, sections, and articles in the contract have vague and arbitrary verbiage, usually to the Company's advantage.
Article 37 isn't one of them that plays to the Company's favor very often.

Very often?!? I thought you said never in your 13 year tenure as a little hitler, oops, I mean Steward. :)

It was never in my tenure as a bigger hitler, oops I mean ORS. :)

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

How many of those 9.5 violations are a result of over dispatch and how much are drivers working slower than they are capable of safely doing? I will admit that probably the majority of them nationwide are over dispatch. UPS is in the mode of push the stops on the car. The cost of service compared to competition has gotten so out of hand that is how the company now makes a profit. I don't agree with it, but there you go. I can tell you in my center we had very few 9.5 pay grievences, and the few I was involved in were from the two stewards I mention who were routinely working much slower than they were capable of. I know you believe that is justified, or you blindly refuse to believe any teamster would do that. But it did happen, and does happen. It is not justified by the company violating the contract in other areas, IMO.

I am sorry for you current health issues. I am in no way excusing runners, or the current unrealistic expectations set by IE pinheads. The proper way to do the job is to follow the methods and work at a steady pace, not a steady slow pace.

Every notice on any number of threads here that the first advice any new employee gets when asking for advice is to slow down?

Run, run run, is not the right answer, and the management that espouse that are wrong. But slow, slow, slow, till you are working as slowly as you can get away with is not the right answer either, and whether they admit it or not, there are hourlies in the company and on this board who espouse exactly that.
Its obvious from your earlier statements you expect runners. Also obvious those 2 slow people dictate your way of thinking