NFL Boycott - Will FedEx Peak be easier...in current events?

vantexan

Yes. And did the money legally belong to China anyway? (You like to disregard that part, don't you?)
We held that money up for decades based on what Iran was doing as a state sponsor of terror. Obama tried to sneak that money to them. Wasn't China's anyways, where did you get that? Trump and China's president seem to get along and I'm sure the Chinese President is concerned about Trump's protectionist ideas. To boil it down to some kind of payoff is pretty simplistic for a complex fellow like you. China probably also didn't want the PR nightmare that North Korea went through with that one kid.

bbsam

Staff member
We held that money up for decades based on what Iran was doing as a state sponsor of terror. Obama tried to sneak that money to them. Wasn't China's anyways, where did you get that? Trump and China's president seem to get along and I'm sure the Chinese President is concerned about Trump's protectionist ideas. To boil it down to some kind of payoff is pretty simplistic for a complex fellow like you. China probably also didn't want the PR nightmare that North Korea went through with that one kid.
Wait.

floridays

No. First, I have no idea if I was hired as an affirmative action quota or not. It's entirely possible. It's also just as possible that at RPS in 1996, the company was just looking for a body with a pulse.

It's been my experience that all companies insist that they hire the best qualified applicant for each position. I find that hard to believe.

What I don't find hard to believe is that companies have embraced Affirmative Action not as a righting of any social ill but because they have come to find value in the diversity it creates.

It's like the governor of Wyoming (Montana?) was talking about the other day about global warming. While he said he remained skeptical, it really didn't matter because his worldwide customer base not only value clean sources of energy, they demand it.

So whether by mandate or just good business a diverse workforce is a good thing and it doesn't matter to me how it is achieved.

Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead On The Future Of Coal
As long as there is no diversity of thought?

floridays

I asked what Trump gave up. He made a deal. Wouldn't you like to know both sides of the deal before declaring it good or bad?
I'm still hung up on the Iran nuclear deal. When I figure that out I'll get back to this one. Care to educate me on the pluses of the Iran deal?

Serf

Are you saying that before affirmative action all the blacks that were never considered for executive positions simply were inferior and not worthy?

Furthermore, when looking at boardrooms across America, if you see a single black man and a Hispanic woman, do you assume affirmative action? Because if you do, it only shows how deep stereotyping ideas run.
Not exactly. I'm saying in a real world where things are taken seriously and matter the executive of such and such is there based upon merit. Regardless of race. Of course also, not inferior. All black colleges exist in the US, and many are in the south. By that lundicrous truth, they should be funneling the best and brightest they have into boardrooms all over.
In addition to; I'm not really impressed by anyone in most boardrooms today because anyone, literally anyone, can go to college today. Live in soul crushing debt. Post corny Facebook profile support pics, watch Netflix, then get tucked in for bed.

newfie

Are you saying that before affirmative action all the blacks that were never considered for executive positions simply were inferior and not worthy?

Furthermore, when looking at boardrooms across America, if you see a single black man and a Hispanic woman, do you assume affirmative action? Because if you do, it only shows how deep stereotyping ideas run.

nice inverse negative. I think what he is saying affirmative action must create a level playing field it should never favor one player over the other.

vantexan

I wonder if black America will now love trump for getting their thieves back. after all a racist would have left them over there.
If he had said not my problem, he would have been labeled a racist. He helps get them out, there must be nefarious reasons. Can't win with the Left.