NO HELP

chrispy

Hey, I work for Wilmington NC UPS and I'm legally disabled. I started an ADA packet with HR for job accommodations well past the 3 year period and they were going to get me back anyway. My doctor at Duke had 4 restrictions for me. To make a long story short my HR caseworker told me 4 different times to try and get one restriction taken off at a time because I'd never get a job back. Unfortunately, I trusted her and did. They kept on giving me the runaround I was so frustrated I reported them to the EEOC. (Protects disabled from discrimination ) For days later they fired me!!! The Teamsters did ABSOLUTELY nothing to help me. Never returned my calls.

542thruNthru

Hey, I work for Wilmington NC UPS and I'm legally disabled. I started an ADA packet with HR for job accommodations well past the 3 year period and they were going to get me back anyway. My doctor at Duke had 4 restrictions for me. To make a long story short my HR caseworker told me 4 different times to try and get one restriction taken off at a time because I'd never get a job back. Unfortunately, I trusted her and did. They kept on giving me the runaround I was so frustrated I reported them to the EEOC. (Protects disabled from discrimination ) For days later they fired me!!! The Teamsters did ABSOLUTELY nothing to help me. Never returned my calls.

Contact a lawyer.

cachmeifucan

File a grievance then if the union doesn't help you file a unfair labor charge against union for doing nothing wit nlrb . Go to court file a subpoena for all your employees records. File a freedom of information act with the ups to get the company policy and reason you were fired. Your probably going to need a attorney. It's sad ups treats people like how you were treated. Better hurry the clock is ticking.

cachmeifucan

A judge Flowers in NY federal court years ago ruled that ups was in violation of the American with disabilities act. Because ups return to work policy was unfair. 100% full duty no work restrictions because people were to disabled to return to work but not disabled enough to collect social security disability

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Guess Who is the Boss of the EEOC ?''TRUMP'' he changes the rules that Obama place.
tumblr_o8dohaPyvc1urli1fo4_250.gifv

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
File a grievance then if the union doesn't help you file a unfair labor charge against union for doing nothing wit nlrb . Go to court file a subpoena for all your employees records. File a freedom of information act with the ups to get the company policy and reason you were fired. Your probably going to need a attorney. It's sad ups treats people like how you were treated. Better hurry the clock is ticking.

First, it sounds like this person is past the grievance time allowances.
Second, the Union is not involved in an ADA accommodation unless there is a violation of someone elses seniority. ADA is a federal government creation and it is not up to the Union to create a job that meets the requirements of restrictions.
Third, your answer for everything is to file with the NLRB and get a lawyer to sue the Union.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
A judge Flowers in NY federal court years ago ruled that ups was in violation of the American with disabilities act. Because ups return to work policy was unfair. 100% full duty no work restrictions because people were to disabled to return to work but not disabled enough to collect social security disability

Again, this is a federal law and not a contract violation. A court would have to make that decision.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm in the central region.
I'm almost sure there is, or was, language in the discrimination article that referred to "handicap" as well as the other protected classes.

Show me I'm wrong.

And I've had people tell me, that the "contract" used to say it was OK to drink

before work.... as long as it was 4 hours before they punched in.

trickpony1

And I've had people tell me, that the "contract" used to say it was OK to drink

before work.... as long as it was 4 hours before they punched in.

What's your point?
I've been around as long, if not longer, as you and I don't recall the language of drinking.

Are suggesting I made up the language about "handicap"?