No more PVDs?

Let us face it the work is crappy...

Nobody in their right mind wants to work here, far too many job opportunities out there that will not destroy your bodies or ruin your mental health and pays better or the same.

Even if the company is willing to pay over 30 bucks an hour, it would still have a retention issue.

Meanwhile back at the farm the current members will have to endure a 55 + .. 6 day workweek...

It is a matter of time before a burn out...
Mental health...lol

This is the most stress-free job I've had as an adult.

Back From Break
That is a real stretch of logic.

It’s black and white, no stretching of logic.

Seasonal employees, PVD’s, in Local 804 get the protection of the CBA. Cannot be forced to drive their personal vehicles.

Seasonal employees, PVD’s, in the Central do not get the protection of the CBA. The language saying they cannot be forced to drive their personal vehicles does not apply to them.

Seasonal employees, PVD’s, in Local 804 get the protection of the CBA. Cannot be forced to drive their personal vehicles.

Seasonal employees, PVD’s, in the Central do not get the protection of the CBA. The language saying they cannot be forced to drive their personal vehicles does not apply to them.
Not driving a personal vehicle is not a "benefit."

542thruNthru

Yes but is it talking about the central region supplemental agreement only?

Back From Break
Yes but is it talking about the central region supplemental agreement only?

Nope. The clause says “except for wages spelled out in this agreement.”

There are no wages spelled out in the Central. The wages are spelled out in the Master.

The clause referring to “this agreement” takes the master and supplement as a whole, as the agreement.

Back From Break
Well, since you're a little slow, no I don't.

Well, apparently, you don't know what a benefit is.

Benefit: something that produces good or helpful results or effects or that promotes well-being

A benefit is not only money, or vacations, or pensions. A benefit is anything that "benefits" the employee, that produces good or helpful results. The contract, not allowing the Company to force a package car driver to use his personal vehicle, is a benefit to the employee, it is a benefit of the contract.

Well, apparently, you don't know what a benefit is.

Benefit: something that produces good or helpful results or effects or that promotes well-being

A benefit is not only money, or vacations, or pensions. A benefit is anything that "benefits" the employee, that produces good or helpful results. The contract, not allowing the Company to force a package car driver to use his personal vehicle, is a benefit to the employee, it is a benefit of the contract.
Oh, I'm well aware of the definition of benefit, but, thank you. I disagree with you.

ManInBrown

I always thought the whole PVD was bananas. Left package before it was a thing. Covered a peak job at my old building last year that started at 8:30 am. Went around to fuel up and wash the tractor and walked inside and saw a line of personal vehicles backed up to the belt. Stood there in disbelief. Wonder how much the Teamsters got paid to allow this one. Crazy.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I always thought the whole PVD was bananas. Left package before it was a thing. Covered a peak job at my old building last year that started at 8:30 am. Went around to fuel up and wash the tractor and walked inside and saw a line of personal vehicles backed up to the belt. Stood there in disbelief. Wonder how much the Teamsters got paid to allow this one. Crazy.

They got dues from all the PVDs