No more sigs at commercial stops!

centinel

So this week management in California started the "Commercial Inside Release" option in the DIAD -- for our district it is now mandatory unless the commercial stop has a signature required package.

Yet another way to shave an allowance from the drivers (16 seconds they say), but at what cost? Already had customers complaining about not having to sign for deliveries today.

What will they do when claims and DFUs start rolling in?

The phrase "walking over dollars to pick up pennies" comes to mind.

Anyone else experiencing mandatory CIR yet? What reactions by drivers and customers have you had?

ixtab

So this week management in California started the "Commercial Inside Release" option in the DIAD -- for our district it is now mandatory unless the commercial stop has a signature required package.

Yet another way to shave an allowance from the drivers (16 seconds they say), but at what cost? Already had customers complaining about not having to sign for deliveries today.

Anyone else experiencing mandatory CIR yet? What reactions by drivers and customers have you had?
been doing it for months in Texas, customers eventually get used to it, we were told wouldn’t affect our #’s on the report, which was an absolute lie! The system is so great though that you MUST obtain a signature for shipper release surepost pkgs at a commercial stop :laughing:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I just tell people "I don't need a signature today." Have only asked one person ask about it. I told them I don't understand the reason, but that's what they want. That way I didn't have to answer all the follow up questions.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
It’s been “mandatory” here for a few months...it’s a headache at bulk stops cause you hit CIR thennit twlls you the stop is ineligible for cir or some bull....and shipper release you need a sig lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

McKesson is one of the shippers that will not allow you to use CIR.

Our center is at 94% compliance on CIR.

I have had a few customers ask about it but for the most part consignees have embraced the new "service" offering as they don't have to stop what they are doing to sign for their packages.

KOG72

I’m full of it
All of my customers seem use to it by now ,I just try to make eye contact with them and all has been good.Still have the occasional customer that says hey I forgot I don’t have to sign anymore.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Really, this saves zero time. I'm wondering if it takes more time? It seems to?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
it absolutely saves time
Commercial release requires you to make customer contact and record their name.

Most of my customers are there to sign. Only way to save time is if you have to find somebody, but even then, if they are not there, you have to find them, so how much time are you saving?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
2yvl1cx.jpg

2el5dw3.jpg

it absolutely saves time

Any time savings are minuscule....

And can be negated, by a simple stop light.