No more sigs at commercial stops!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’d have been happy if none of them would ever have to touch it again

Who knows where some of those hands have been all kinds of cooties around

DOK

Commercial release requires you to make customer contact and record their name.

Most of my customers are there to sign. Only way to save time is if you have to find somebody, but even then, if they are not there, you have to find them, so how much time are you saving?

A ton, in my opinion. Drop package, ask for a name and complete the diad process walking back to the truck. I’m engaging with people 10 seconds max.

Wait, you have to find someone and ask for a name? You can’t just stop, drop and run?

Poop Head

Judge me.
have you guys actually tried it or are you just being autistic because it’s new?

i’ve used it in multiple states in multiple settings, on both coasts, it’s faster than a sig, what are you looking for a :censored2:ing thesis on it?
It WOULD be faster if it worked properly. Go in, drop packages, walk out while completing the stop. Unfortunately, at every stop we must now go in, drop packages, customer asks "do I need to sign today?" Driver says, "I dunno, lemme find out.." attempt cir. Yup, no signature! Have a nice day! (Same as getting sig)
OR
Driver attempts cir, fails. "Oops, I guess I DO need a signature today." Gets signature, voids cir, stop complete. MORE TIME, MORE STEPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It WOULD be faster if it worked properly. Go in, drop packages, walk out while completing the stop. Unfortunately, at every stop we must now go in, drop packages, customer asks "do I need to sign today?" Driver says, "I dunno, lemme find out.." attempt cir. Yup, no signature! Have a nice day! (Same as getting sig)
OR
Driver attempts cir, fails. "Oops, I guess I DO need a signature today." Gets signature, voids cir, stop complete. MORE TIME, MORE STEPS.

You have to void the CIR and then get the signature.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It went live in my center recently. I don't mind it, and (like everything at UPS) there are ways around it if I really wanted an additional time allowance.