No negotiations until 22nd!?

100%

If they raise the part-time wage $4.50 an hour to make the $20 an hour
They're not going to do that for top rate rpcd drivers.

I don't know what else to tell you
You’re forgetting the BILLIONS in profit over this last contract. We will both get that raise or we walk. They have our money. Now we go get it. Remember when they wanted to fire drivers for calling out during the pandemic? Denying all days, running peak with 0 help??? I freaking remember and the BILL IS DUE my man. LFG

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
For a part-timers who also get 0 premium health insurance and a pension? 🤣
They arent worth 25 an hour when all they do is call-in, destroy packages and misload trucks. It's a part-time job, guy.

I brought this one before...Just from what they just did to their management's pension plans I can see them trying to get rid of the part timer's pension plan and offer a matched 401K. This change if it happens will only affect those part timers in the Central and Southern that are currently under the (UPS Pension Plan). If done correctly it could be a benefit for everybody who has vested time under that plan, even the full timers. The last thing that the average part timer has on their minds is too stay here for a career, let alone 30 + years, how many of the the newbies are going to hang around for 5 years to collect subpar benefits. Any vested time under the UPS Pension Plan will probably just pay for your cell phone bill when you reach the age of 65, if you are lucky.

This change will only happen under the Central and Southern Supplements. It could fly if they up the benefit levels for all the full timers that have past vested time with the UPS Pension Plan, like offering 60 dollars a service year and no 6 % penalty a year prior to age 65. It would push the starting part time wage to 20 buck an hour, with the option of choosing a 401K. This might help with retention and also clear the books for the Company to maintain the costs associated with the vested participants.

There is no way in HELL that the Union will eliminate the part timer's Health and Welfare contributions, that is a given.

Another option would be to transfer all the vested time and benefits from the UPS Pension Plan and merge them into the IBT/UPS Pension Plan for full timers. It would be more similar to the Western’s pension formula where there is one pension trust for part and full time participants. If a part timer works full time hours they would get credit and a increased benefit when they do retire.

Last edited:
I brought this one before...Just from what they just did to their management's pension plans I can see them trying to get rid of the part timer's pension plan and offer a matched 401K. This change if it happens will only affect those part timers in the Central and Southern that are currently under the (UPS Pension Plan). If done correctly it could be a benefit for everybody who has vested time under that plan, even the full timers. The last thing that the average part timer has on their minds is too stay here for a career, let alone 30 + years, how many of the the newbies are going to hang around for 5 years to collect subpar benefits. Any vested time under the UPS Pension Plan will probably just pay for your cell phone bill when you reach the age of 65, if you are lucky.

This change will only happen under the Central and Southern Supplements. It could fly if they up the benefit levels for all the full timers that have past vested time with the UPS Pension Plan, like offering 60 dollars a service year and no 6 % penalty a year prior to age 65. It would push the starting part time wage to 20 buck an hour, with the option of choosing a 401K. This might help with retention and also clear the books for the Company to maintain the costs associated with the vested participants.

There is no way in HELL that the Union will eliminate the part timer's Health and Welfare contributions, that is a given.

Another option would be to transfer all the vested time and benefits from the UPS Pension Plan and merge them into the IBT/UPS Pension Plan for full timers. It would be more similar to the Western’s pension formula where there is one pension trust for part and full time participants. If a part timer works full time hours they would get credit and a increased benefit when they do retire.
They want the part timers in the pension plan. How many stay here 5 years to become vested?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

So, so much to that story.. but at least they are recognizing the problem.

That 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65 can be eliminated or reduced to 3 percent like the management’s pension plan.

They can merge that UPS Pension Plan into the IBT/UPS Pension plan in order to provide a better benefit. Do not fall to that excuse that they can’t… it is legal and has been done before in other defined pension plans.

That 25 and out 2,000 has not improved since 2007…16 years… WHY? Subtracting the medical coverage of 400, Subtracting the Federal or State taxes that run 10 to 20 percent. Subtract the spousal reduction clause that only pays your spouse half if you kicked the bucket, that can be negotiated to pay 100 percent.

Currently with those above numbers if you had to retire with 25 years full time you would be living off 1,300 a month. It gets better if you do not reach the age of 55.. I believe that you do not qualify for retiree medical insurance , which under COBRA runs 2,000 a month for the same coverage.

It looks like the Senior Part Timers will be screwed again in their pension benefits. No real improvements, maybe a token 200 dollars more a month. All those years that we (full timers) worked as part timers will still be useless or will pay next to nothing.

Watch out for the possibility of the members under the IBT/UPS pension voting down their supplements or riders only to have it passed because of duplicate language contained in the Master..remember that the Western Conferences and other areas will be voting on the Master also.

So, so much to that story.. but at least they are recognizing the problem.

That 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65 can be eliminated or reduced to 3 percent like the management’s pension plan.

They can merge that UPS Pension Plan into the IBT/UPS Pension plan in order to provide a better benefit. Do not fall to that excuse that they can’t… it is legal and has been done before in other defined pension plans.

That 25 and out 2,000 has not improved since 2007…16 years… WHY? Subtracting the medical coverage of 400, Subtracting the Federal or State taxes that run 10 to 20 percent. Subtract the spousal reduction clause that only pays your spouse half if you kicked the bucket, that can be negotiated to pay 100 percent.

Currently with those above numbers if you had to retire with 25 years full time you would be living off 1,300 a month. It gets better if you do not reach the age of 55.. I believe that you do not qualify for retiree medical insurance , which under COBRA runs 2,000 a month for the same coverage.

It looks like the Senior Part Timers will be screwed again in their pension benefits. No real improvements, maybe a token 200 dollars more a month. All those years that we (full timers) worked as part timers will still be useless or will pay next to nothing.

Watch out for the possibility of the members under the IBT/UPS pension voting down their supplements or riders only to have it passed because of duplicate language contained in the Master..remember that the Western Conferences and other areas will be voting on the Master also.
Give me 50k and pay my healthcare