Nys teamsters pension & retirement fund

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You're right about that.

If UPS management conducted themselves in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement there would be greater productivity, profit and stability. Bargaining unit employees are at the mercy of those that see us as slaves.

Work first, then grieve. Being dependent on the integrity of each manager to abide by the contract, its easy for them to abuse, lie, threaten and cheat, continually racking up grievances until they're finally reigned in.

Meanwhile we absorb significant damage, having paychecks messed up or sitting at home after unjust terminations waiting for panel.

Discipline is not used by management to compel compliance to the contract. Rather its used as a weapon to intimidate and mistreat employees.

If UPS union employees conducted themselves in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement there would be greater productivity, profit and stability. Non - Union employees are at the mercy of those that see us as slaves.

Do as little as work as possible because that is what the contract says (instead of the best interest of the company), then grieve. Being dependent on the integrity of each union employee to abide by the contract, its easy for them to abuse, lie, threaten and cheat, continually racking up grievances until they are thrown out as BS!.

Meanwhile we have to listen to your BS that you would not dare to say to any supervisor/manager if you were not in a Union, having paychecks messed up or sitting at home after just terminations waiting for panel is what you deserve.

Discipline is used by management to compel compliance to the contract (because that is all you understand). Rather its used as a weapon to intimidate and mistreat employees, I think you get the point....

The way we see it....

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Which is why drivers need to work with what the company provides. Follow orion to a tee. So far the only good idea UPS thought of , has been the bulk head door opener and the key fob. Everything else wastes time. So learn to kill them with the time they have created. I know its hard. But, learn to play the game inside the game

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2993A5F4-1883-4DA7-A173-8C0089AD1B45.gif
If UPS union employees conducted themselves in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement there would be greater productivity, profit and stability. Non - Union employees are at the mercy of those that see us as slaves.

Do as little as work as possible because that is what the contract says (instead of the best interest of the company), then grieve. Being dependent on the integrity of each union employee to abide by the contract, its easy for them to abuse, lie, threaten and cheat, continually racking up grievances until they are thrown out as BS!.

Meanwhile we have to listen to your BS that you would not dare to say to any supervisor/manager if you were not in a Union, having paychecks messed up or sitting at home after just terminations waiting for panel is what you deserve.

Discipline is used by management to compel compliance to the contract (because that is all you understand). Rather its used as a weapon to intimidate and mistreat employees, I think you get the point....

The way we see it....

Thats NOT the answer to the problem.
Are you an actuary? Solvent pensions look at their accrual rate every year. The well funded plans often have a much lower accrual than the critical plans. Had the critical plans lowered their rate to about 1% as needed over the last 20 years, they might be in far different shape.

upschuck

The way we see it....
Me thinks you in desparate of some new glasses. Neither side really cares about the company anymore, just in it for self-preservation. Good and bad on all sides.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Are you an actuary? Solvent pensions look at their accrual rate every year. The well funded plans often have a much lower accrual than the critical plans. Had the critical plans lowered their rate to about 1% as needed over the last 20 years, they might be in far different shape.
No . It appears no one else was either . Members would have no problem with an adjustment of 1% more or less over a 20 year period . Thats far different than an overnight hit of 18%. That kind of an adjustment will put a fund in different shape , no doubt , but it also puts retirement plans in far different shape .

No . It appears no one else was either . Members would have no problem with an adjustment of 1% more or less over a 20 year period . Thats far different than an overnight hit of 18%. That kind of an adjustment will put a fund in different shape , no doubt , but it also puts retirement plans in far different shape .
A gradual cut over the 20 years (while contributions grew) would have saved the pension much more than 18%. Participants could have seen essentially a "freeze" in their yearly payout for a couple years. But as contributions grow, so does their yearly pay out.

1.2% currently grosses about $2800 a year. (Depending on your supplements contributions) 2800 X 30 years = 84K.

Update stated that his pensions accrual rate was cut to 1.3%. That is 9.2% higher than the 1.2% The west has had for about a decade now. So his pension is in trouble. Cutting benefits. But still paying out 9.2% more than a well funded pension? This looks like a band aid to me. I foresee future cuts down the road.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Again, how is allowing UPS and others to withdraw from the Central States not the equivalent of throwing in the towel?

Central States, is the one that came up with number for the withdraw liability.

Maybe I'm not the pension expert.... but, if a company can pay the withdraw

liability what's from stopping them ? Especially when they're offering an

alternative pension plan that puts the liability for funding (shortfalls) on them ?

That just sounds like basic contract negotiation to me.

Maybe @Inthegame could offer some insight.

I always look forward to his opinion.

Was that in anticipation of allowing UPS to withdraw from Central States in the following contract?

The dates certainly line up.

The writing was on the wall, no doubt.

I mean.... CF had just shut the doors without paying their obligation.

Just more orphans added to the fund.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe I'm not the pension expert.... but, if a company can pay the withdraw liability what's from stopping them ?
Collective bargaining?

Seem to remember the Company wanting the pension in 1997, when we went on strike?

Especially when they're offering an

alternative pension plan that puts the liability for funding (shortfalls) on them ?
Leaving behind all of the other Teamsters in an already upside down multi-employer fund?

Doesn't sound like a feasible plan for an organization that claims to be a "brotherhood"?
The writing was on the wall, no doubt.

I mean.... CF had just shut the doors without paying their obligation.

Just more orphans added to the fund.
Yea, I know, "continuing liability".

Tranlation: Ponzi Scheme

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You're right about that.

If UPS management conducted themselves in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement there would be greater productivity, profit and stability. Bargaining unit employees are at the mercy of those that see us as slaves.

Work first, then grieve. Being dependent on the integrity of each manager to abide by the contract, its easy for them to abuse, lie, threaten and cheat, continually racking up grievances until they're finally reigned in.

Meanwhile we absorb significant damage, having paychecks messed up or sitting at home after unjust terminations waiting for panel.

Discipline is not used by management to compel compliance to the contract. Rather its used as a weapon to intimidate and mistreat employees

The way we see it....

The blue text is annoying.

It takes away from any point you might be trying to make.

Addressing the issue of discipline;

The sole purpose of it, is to correct behavior. Long established fact.

It has nothing to do with trying to force layman, into compliance of arbitrary

articles of the contract. Which are left vague to begin with.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I get it now.

I should just be happy that I'm going to get mine.....maybe?

Screw everyone else?

Neat

~Bbbl~™

Maybe I was a little quick, to judge Sam B. and the guys from your Local.

Collect a salary and a pension at the same time....

And, get re-elected.

Food for thought.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe I was a little quick, to judge Sam B. and the guys from your Local.

Collect a salary and a pension at the same time....

And, get re-elected.

Food for thought.

-Bug-
I never had a huge problem with that notion,
as their pensions were earned.

It's the salaries they steal from the membership by not doing the job, that I have a problem with.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I never had a huge problem with that notion, as their pensions were earned.

They weren't supposed to be able to collect a pension from the "new"

UPS pension fund.... while still employed by the Local.

That's the way it was explained.

I still have my hand written notes, from the meeting in Michigan.

It's the salaries they steal from the membership by not doing the job, that I have a problem with.

That was supposedly, the whole point.

Allow someone to "double dip".... what's their motivation ?

Your Local figured out how to do it.

Thanks.... Sam B. (he was the first TDU POS to do it)

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They weren't supposed to be able to collect a pension from the "new" UPS pension fund.... while still employed by the Local.
That's the way it was explained.
I still have my hand written notes, from the meeting in Michigan.
Sucks when you realize you were given bad information....or sold a "bill of goods" that turns out to be false.

Many of us on TeamCare can relate.
Allow someone to "double dip".... what's their motivation ?
Sense of duty?
Honor?
Integrity?
Getting re-elected???
Your Local figured out how to do it.
Thanks.... Sam B. (he was the first TDU POS to do it)
How can that be, considering your comprehensive notes from Michigan?
Perhaps you can look at it as a way to "re-level" the playing field for aspiring candidates from UPS, who won't incur a hit on their pension if they are already collecting?

I can always tell when your ready to tap out....referencing TDU out of frustration.

Truth be told, Sam B was estranged from TDU after they sided with Butch.
In the end, he found himself on the curb with the rats, where he belongs (and I helped put him there).:wink-very:

Last edited: