Nys teamsters pension & retirement fund

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Point is, that is one small example of how the trustees waste money.

So what you are saying is....

The trustees are actually dipping into pension money ?

Good chance it is wasted many other ways- or "missing".

Mindless, uninformed speculation.

maxresdefault.jpg

-Bug-

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
As best as I can tell the with Teamster funds , according to US Dept. of Labor as of 2017 , there is 1 on the endangered list , 8 on critical and declining , and 8 on the critical list. Not bad in the big scheme of things . My fund is critical .
I could make a strong argument that '97 was the best contract .
Hoffa has plenty to do with the shape things are in . While not a trustee nor a stock manipulator , he is running the store .
It seems no matter the local , the year or the trustee , it seems at times they spend money like drunken sailors while the ship is sinking . Flying to Florida always happens and they can always justify it but , it is things like that that scream
" Really ? It sure looks like you are managing the funds well . "
Its not a quick or easy fix but , it is fixable . The give it up talk is not it .
The union is as strong as its leaders . It begins and ends with the boys sittin' at the table.

As best as I can tell the with Teamster funds , according to US Dept. of Labor as of 2017 , there is 1 on the endangered list , 8 on critical and declining , and 8 on the critical list. Not bad in the big scheme of things . My fund is critical .
I could make a strong argument that '97 was the best contract .
Hoffa has plenty to do with the shape things are in . While not a trustee nor a stock manipulator , he is running the store .
It seems no matter the local , the year or the trustee , it seems at times they spend money like drunken sailors while the ship is sinking . Flying to Florida always happens and they can always justify it but , it is things like that that scream
" Really ? It sure looks like you are managing the funds well . "
Its not a quick or easy fix but , it is fixable . The give it up talk is not it .
The union is as strong as its leaders . It begins and ends with the boys sittin' at the table.
It seems that part of the problem with these critical plans, is that the participants can NEVER accept a lower accrual rate.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's pretty simple math. When you have more members withdrawing than contributing....

you'll need a heck of a return on your investments, to cover the difference.
So explain to us how Hoffa, through collective bargaining, allowed the single biggest contributor (UPS) and others (Kroger, etc) to withdraw???....

.....and how does it serve to remedy this disproportionate balance of active participants to retirees?

Face it, Hoffa and company for political reasons didn't make the hard choices over the last 20 years and that's why we are facing the tree being cut down, verses pruning a few diseased limbs.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's pretty simple math. When you have more members withdrawing than contributing....

.....and how does it serve to remedy this disproportionate balance of active participants to retirees?

Not how pensions work...or how pensions are supposed to work.

But this is what they turned into. Due to mismanagement, bad investments, market crash, whatever.

They are using the money being put in for me, for my future pension, to pay current retirees. And my money will be gone, the fund will be bankrupt, when it comes time for me to receive back my money that was put into the fund on my behalf.

Sounds awfully familiar to a Ponzi Scheme.

But this is what they turned into. Due to mismanagement, bad investments, market crash, whatever.

They are using the money being put in for me, for my future pension, to pay current retirees. And my money will be gone, the fund will be bankrupt, when it comes time for me to receive back my money that was put into the fund on my behalf.

Amen.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So explain to us how Hoffa, through collective bargaining, allowed the single biggest contributor (UPS) and others (Kroger, etc) to withdraw???....

Face it, Hoffa and company for political reasons didn't make the hard choices over the last 20 years and that's why we are facing the tree being cut down, verses pruning a few diseased limbs.

~Bbbl~™

Explain to me, this whole "pruning" concept.

Carey started the problem....

What'dyabringmetoday???

So what you are saying is....

The trustees are actually dipping into pension money ?

Mindless, uninformed speculation.

maxresdefault.jpg

-Bug-
Whatever you say Big Union Tough Talker. It is amazing that such an important union official has available time to hang out on the internet conversing with mindless, uninformed speculators. (Must have all of your important union business settled).

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Explain to me, this whole "pruning" concept.

Carey started the problem....
Allegedly, and year prior to Hoffa taking office...

From that point forward, Hoffa did next to nothing until late 2015, when he teamed up with UPS to champion MEPRA.

Too little, too late.

Again, how is allowing UPS and others to withdraw from the Central States not the equivalent of throwing in the towel?

What'dyabringmetoday???

From that point forward, Hoffa did next to nothing until late 2015, when he teamed up with UPS to champion MEPRA.

Too little, too late.

Again, how is allowing UPS and others to withdraw from the Central States not the equivalent of throwing in the towel?
How dare you question the great Big Union Tough Talker??

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Too little, too late.

Did you forget....

When Central States cut the accrual rate in 2002 ?

The writing was on the wall.

Thanks to Carey.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Corporations are Ponzi schemes. Marginalizing employees just to earn or maintain a margin regardless of contract or not. Just another variation of slavery and this time no one to keep them in check.
You're right about that.

If UPS management conducted themselves in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement there would be greater productivity, profit and stability. Bargaining unit employees are at the mercy of those that see us as slaves.

Work first, then grieve. Being dependent on the integrity of each manager to abide by the contract, its easy for them to abuse, lie, threaten and cheat, continually racking up grievances until they're finally reigned in.

Meanwhile we absorb significant damage, having paychecks messed up or sitting at home after unjust terminations waiting for panel.

Discipline is not used by management to compel compliance to the contract. Rather its used as a weapon to intimidate and mistreat employees.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

Sounds awfully familiar to the SS system also . I don't know if looking to the government for bail out money is a wise choice . It would triple the crooks involved .