Nys teamsters pension & retirement fund

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
szd5jc.jpg

Here we go again....

Largest Pension Fund in the country.

-Bug-
By number of participants? Because I'll go out on a limb and say it's not by assets

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
By number of participants? Because I'll go out on a limb and say it's not by assets

Multi-employer.

Here's another little gem.

"UPS has a significant interest in solving the pension crisis. It could be on the hook for up to $4 billion in plan contributions if the Central States plan becomes insolvent."

"The proposal avoids a taxpayer bailout and involves shared sacrifice among employers, unions, employees, and the government, he said."

Can UPS Proposal Fix Pension Crisis? Some Think It Can

-Bug-

Brownslave688

Multi-employer.

Here's another little gem.

"UPS has a significant interest in solving the pension crisis. It could be on the hook for up to $4 billion in plan contributions if the Central States plan becomes insolvent."

"The proposal avoids a taxpayer bailout and involves shared sacrifice among employers, unions, employees, and the government, he said."

Can UPS Proposal Fix Pension Crisis? Some Think It Can

-Bug-
That didn't answer my question. You said largest pension in the country.

Here's a little gem.

It's not.

Brownslave688

Being a Teamster....

I didn't think you would need that clarification.

-Bug-
Larger than the western conference?

Ups bought its way out once already. I imagine the wording in the contract holding them liable for any future benefits will soon be eliminated.

Just another pension that's proof that pensions aren't really in the employees best intrest.

upschuck

Ups bought its way out once already. I imagine the wording in the contract holding them liable for any future benefits will soon be eliminated.

Just another pension that's proof that pensions aren't really in the employees best intrest.
Properly run, they are.

Brownslave688

An actively managed account should get better return than a buy and hold type account.

Also high risk doesn't mean high returns, sometimes you take a bath.

Sometimes they take a bath too and when the market is down they still have to pay our benefits. Meaning they bleed money like it's nobody's business during downturns.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

More than twice the size ?

I imagine the wording in the contract holding them liable for any future benefits will soon be eliminated.

That would be beyond.... stupid.

In that case, you know what we have to do.

Just another pension that's proof that pensions aren't really in the employees best interest.
Properly run, they are.
Even properly ran their return on investment is poor.
Professionals should be able to do better than you or I.

200_s.gif

Nobody is forcing you to work at UPS.

There are all kinds of jobs available.

Just name one.... with the same pay, benefits, and pension.

Here is a hint, there aren't many.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

An actively managed account should get better return than a buy and hold type account.

Also high risk doesn't mean high returns, sometimes you take a bath.
A pension is simply never going to touch the return on investment a 401k can.

The company will put in on average at least 25k per year on my behalf for my career.

25k x 35 = 875,000

That's with 0% return. At 4K a month payout I'll have to live 18 years into retirement just to get my money back

Or I could retire with 2-3 million and have all of that money to do with as I please at 59.5.

It's a no brainer.

Brownslave688

Nobody is forcing you to work at UPS.

There are all kinds of jobs available.

Just name one.... with the same pay, benefits, and pension.

Here is a hint, there aren't many.

-Bug-

Smdh. I don't want the pension and neither would anyone else with a brain if they actually looked into the numbers.

Just give me the money that goes into the pension. I'll end up way better off.

Brownslave688

Do you want to personally negotiate your working conditions at UPS ?

If you could.... you would.

But, you can't.

-Bug-
The union is here to negotiate what WE WANT. Without us the union does not exist.

Getting away from this is why Hoffa needed Canada to squeak out a victory in the general election.