Off work over a conference call

Faceplanted

Wtf is this? I can't believe ups is going the way it is

I could not deal with stupid little things like a "confrence call" with a management team full of liars, and being forced to turn in a sales lead. I would talk to the ba at the union hall so he can have a talk with management and put this to an end

Your 29 days of work should do all the talking for you, obviously you didn't suck so u should be good to go without all this bs they expect you to do.

This is simply a tactic to get into your head, have you feel "cool" with your management team so in the future you will be scared to "let them down" and will most likely become a runner gunner and lunch skipper. It also degrades you as you are forced to beg for this job. It makes you subconsciously feel at debt to them for them being nice enough to give their approval for you after you beg.

It worrisome to me to see the advance physiologic tactics ups uses on us. I can spot then, most can't.

Last edited:

MC0493

I've got enough of the older guys in my center talking to me that management isn't going to get in my head. Once i'm in, work safe, follow the methods and screw their numbers.

Faceplanted

I've got enough of the older guys in my center talking to me that management isn't going to get in my head. Once i'm in, work safe, follow the methods and screw their numbers.
Just to point out the obvious, they are in your head enough that a driver with less seniority is working while you aren't, and you are doing things that are not required at all. Literally money out of your pocket and you know as much as I do it's not worth it to fight it right now because you are just starting.

I understand it's worth it to you to deal with this bs for now, just pointing that out. Best of luck to you though brother! I honestly feel bad for a lot of u guys who just want to work and make your 30.

Last edited:

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Nothing in the contract about sales leads either... If more people took the time to read the contract then more people wouldn't be intimidated at all their lies and know what they need to do in order to qualify

The only thing they need to do is kiss ass until they pass probation. And afterwards they can go glue the contract to their skin if they want to.

MC0493

Basically where i'm at, yes siring my way until i have a job. I'm aware i'm getting screwed with, but no use making a stink right now as it'll just come back and bite me. Once i'm in, familiarize myself with the contract and learn my rights.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wtf is this? I can't believe ups is going the way it is

I could not deal with stupid little things like a "confrence call" with a management team full of liars, and being forced to turn in a sales lead. I would talk to the ba at the union hall so he can have a talk with management and put this to an end

Your 29 days of work should do all the talking for you, obviously you didn't suck so u should be good to go without all this bs they expect you to do.

This is simply a tactic to get into your head, have you feel "cool" with your management team so in the future you will be scared to "let them down" and will most likely become a runner gunner and lunch skipper. It also degrades you as you are forced to beg for this job. It makes you subconsciously feel at debt to them for them being nice enough to give their approval for you after you beg.

It worrisome to me to see the advance physiologic tactics ups uses on us. I can spot then, most can't.

Are you psychic?

hyena

For sure not doubting you with the sales lead. Been a hot topic lately. I can see them throwing it in there to kind of get it in your head.
It's in the 30 day training packet. I remember getting a sales lead in my training period. I didn't have to write a letter though or be on a conference call @MC0493 that must be new. Regardless good luck though. Your almost there

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They can't "cut you loose" unless on your last day you get in an accident. And I believe the contract states they cannot disqualify you for a "minor" accident. There is nothing in the contract about having to jump through all these hoops in order to qualify. The only thing you need to worry about is if you are laid off awaiting this conference call and someone will less seniority works instead of you. Then you will have to tell them on that conference call about the grievance you filed for someone with less seniority working before you.
I know of at least 2 dozen people (inside bids) that got cut on their 30th day (last day of qualification).
The Union can (and often does) request a review of why but I am not aware of any reversals.

hyena

They can't "cut you loose" unless on your last day you get in an accident. And I believe the contract states they cannot disqualify you for a "minor" accident. There is nothing in the contract about having to jump through all these hoops in order to qualify. The only thing you need to worry about is if you are laid off awaiting this conference call and someone will less seniority works instead of you. Then you will have to tell them on that conference call about the grievance you filed for someone with less seniority working before you.
They can "cut you loose" for whatever reason they want. It's best to jump through their hoops while qualifying. You do what you gotta do to make it. They've disqualified people at my center that didn't get in a accident

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Damn 20 some years ago, went to driver's class that got cut to 2 days came back to bldg; supervisor rode with me till lunch where his wife picked him up. Never heard about 30 days or anything else. Just started driving.