Offer Sells Part-Timers Short

PT Car Washer

If a Teamster is getting paid instead of a gypsy, I'm fine with your hypothetical.
Also, casuals get paid less and don't contribute anyways.
I hope the contract language works out because Sunday delivery is going to make Feeders 24/7/365. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I thought Feeders have been a 7 day a week operation for the last 20+years now. We have loads coming in on Saturday and loads going out on Sunday. Plus the sleeper teams that run 24 hours.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If a Teamster is getting paid instead of a gypsy, I'm fine with your hypothetical.
Also, casuals get paid less and don't contribute anyways.
I hope the contract language works out because Sunday delivery is going to make Feeders 24/7/365. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
So CPU bids will be combo. Guys who go back and forth to the railyard all day will either be cut because of sleeper runs or become combo. The 9-10 hour runs will be split in half and become meet point combo runs.....

Oh and guess what, the longer runs that can't be changed to combo, their top rate pay will also be in jeopardy because the lower class combo guys are going to be building their sets to help get their 8 hours.

The opportunities for the company to slash labor costs are endless, and Union workers lose out left and right.

The goal is to pay less to workers and the Union is trying to sell this as a win. Smdh.

F

Frankie's Friend

So CPU bids will be combo. Guys who go back and forth to the railyard all day will either be cut because of sleeper runs or become combo. The 9-10 hour runs will be split in half and become meet point combo runs.....

Oh and guess what, the longer runs that can't be changed to combo, their top rate pay will also be in jeopardy because the lower class combo guys are going to be building their sets to help get their 8 hours.

The opportunities for the company to slash labor costs are endless, and Union workers lose out left and right.

The goal is to pay less to workers and the Union is trying to sell this as a win. Smdh.
Gotta have faith bro.
Famous last words similar to "I won't get you pregnant".

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I thought Feeders have been a 7 day a week operation for the last 20+years now. We have loads coming in on Saturday and loads going out on Sunday. Plus the sleeper teams that run 24 hours.
Our Feeder office is closed from Saturday afternoon to midnight Monday morning.
There are a couple guys that might run a few trailers or pick up Amazon on Sunday.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Gotta have faith bro.
Famous last words similar to "I won't get you pregnant".
The best part is the union bragging about creating more sleeper runs, because they're the "highest paid" drivers in the company. You know why they're the highest paid, because it's a :censored2: :censored2:ing job.

The best part about being a truck driver for Ups is you don't have to live a garbage over the road lifestyle, and they're bragging about these positions.... This whole contract is just bizarre.

F

Frankie's Friend

The best part is the union bragging about creating more sleeper runs, because they're the "highest paid" drivers in the company. You know why they're the highest paid, because it's a :censored2: :censored2:ing job.

The best part about being a truck driver for Ups is you don't have to live a garbage over the road lifestyle, and they're bragging about these positions.... This whole contract is just bizarre.
A buddy of mine (who is a long time steward) always said "follow the money".
Never fails.