Offer Sells Part-Timers Short

Maybe you should. I guess that's for each member to self evaluate what's important to them , like anything else in life I suppose.
I for one feel grateful for all the ones who've come before me and what they were all able to accomplish through their battles with the company and management over the decades.
But that doesn't change the fact that ones words on here can really leave a sour taste in said newbies' minds if not carefully thought out.
Personally I'm a no vote mostly because of a lot of the veterans on here who have so much mistrust in the company to hold their end of the bargain up as far as any wording in the contract and how they will twist or flat out ignore what's written in said contract.
If it wasn't for this mistrust I think some of these proposals would actually be a win win for all involved.
Just tired of fighting for people that don't GAF.

542thruNthru

I voted no many times. Then all you hear is these big :censored2:ing V* holes crying.... Where is retro check. Nobody has a pair anymore.

Right there with you bud. Have a beer on me.
pour.gif

Doubleparkedrunner

Just tired of fighting for people that don't GAF.
I hear you there. I can't imagine how frustrating and infuriating it would be to have worked at this place for such a long time putting up with harassment , dispatch abuse , unreasonable expectations and just all around B.S. on a daily basis all the while trying to help out newbies who seemingly either are too dumb to take the long view or just don't care to do so.

I would say this though to you and all the other senior posters on here who have tried to help out newbies either on here or in the hubs ; it does more help than I think you guys could possibly know.

I am only one guy out of what I'm sure are plenty and plenty of lurkers on this site who come here to gain some much needed knowledge from the experienced drivers. Some of us end up signing up and others may just lurk for years on end , who knows. But what I do know is although the contract book is the " drivers' bible" this forum is the real world advice most people seek or need. Because of this place I was able to make an informed decision before applying, getting hired and then actually making it to full time as a driver.

And because of you and others like you I was able to know what to do in most situations involving management issues. I truly believe that people who are new and come on here and see that managements' B.S. expectations of a driver are indeed bull chit actually probably feel less stressed on road resulting in quite possibly less reckless driver behavior by them to meet said bull chit expectations and numbers and over allowed crap that they spew.

rod

Retired 22 years
Or maybe we should worry about everyone and not make the same mistakes as the @rod and @PT Car Washer of UPS and screw the ones behind us. :)

Have you stopped to consider if we hadn't fought for what is being taken away from you now you would have even less when the dust settles. We fought for our perks- We got them the hard way (I went through 2 strikes). I enjoyed those perks. They were there when I walked out the door . If the troops now don't want to fight for them now they deserve everything they DON"T get. (add smiley face)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Of course I don't think they only affect you. They theoretically affect all of us from newbies to grizzled vets. ( assuming there is still even a pension down the road for us newbies and also assuming that healthcare and such isn't allowed to be pillaged by the higher ups to the point that package drivers end up paying exorbitant monthly premiums for what was once "free healthcare")
But , if I did assume that all the doom and gloom I just typed in parenthesis would come true ( which I don't ) , How would you feel or better yet , how would it look to others if I said something like " Working less overtime and getting a nice pay bump in the early years of progression are actually much bigger issues for me than pensions and retiree healthcare ".
hmmm , how would that go over with you and others in your stage of life/career? I have a feeling that my statement in that situation wouldn't be too welcomed amongst most but it's simply a reversal of "immediate" wants and / or needs for said individual.
I have a hard time believing that stating my concern about pensions and retiree healthcare is going to rub a bunch of people the wrong way. Unless you plan to work here until you die those are arguably the two most important issues the majority of us are going to face.

Doubleparkedrunner

I have a hard time believing that stating my concern about pensions and retiree healthcare is going to rub a bunch of people the wrong way. Unless you plan to work here until you die those are arguably the two most important issues the majority of us are going to face.
No, I don't think anyone stating that they are cncerned about pensions and retiree healthcare would rub anyone the wrong way ( in a vacuum )

It's when someone says they are " much more concerned about two issues over another issue and that they are waiting to hear more about the two issues ( pension/healthcare ) before they vote... implying that the other issue mentioned
( hybrid drivers in this case ) doesn't matter as long as the other two issues are acceptable.

The natural sub-conscience thing to do for others when they read somethi like that would be to pick their one or two issues they are in favor of and eschew other
" unimportant issue/s that don't affect them"

I mean , why wouldn't they react that way?
You've all but stated that the hybrid driver issue isn't going to sway your vote.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No, I don't think anyone stating that they are cncerned about pensions and retiree healthcare would rub anyone the wrong way ( in a vacuum )

It's when someone says they are " much more concerned about two issues over another issue and that they are waiting to hear more about the two issues ( pension/healthcare ) before they vote... implying that the other issue mentioned
( hybrid drivers in this case ) doesn't matter as long as the other two issues are acceptable.

The natural sub-conscience thing to do for others when they read somethi like that would be to pick their one or two issues they are in favor of and eschew other
" unimportant issue/s that don't affect them"

I mean , why wouldn't they react that way?
You've all but stated that the hybrid driver issue isn't going to sway your vote.
I get the feeling that this hybrid driver issue has got you so worked up that you're looking to argue with anyone who doesn't feel the same way.

Doubleparkedrunner

I get the feeling that this hybrid driver issue has got you so worked up that you're looking to argue with anyone who doesn't feel the same way.

No , it's really not that. I'm not half as riled up as these guys that have been here long term. And that's probably because I haven't been through all the bull rap that UpS has doled out through the years resulting in all the mistrust I hear from these long timers.

I got in full time before this new contract is about to be written so I'm good on a personal level and I will either work lots of overtime or if they give it to the hybrids and I only get around forty hours , that's cool with me too.

What I hate seeing is human nature take over resulting in people being more concerned with their own personal issues and forgetting or brushing aside other potential problems that aren't going to really affect them ( in all of us ) , ( not referring to just you ).

In the teamster case of this happening it results in giving a little bit more and more over a long period of time to where this job isn't going to be good for anyone anymore going forward.

People don't see it here because I think they've been beaten down so much over the years that their defense mechanism is to not give a flying fudgesicl easy ore

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Tell me about it..It appears that I am leaving UPS feet first. I have a stinking suspicion that the supplements and riders will be a rehash of 2013, saying nothing and getting nothing.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No , it's really not that. I'm not half as riled up as these guys that have been here long term. And that's probably because I haven't been through all the bull rap that UpS has doled out through the years resulting in all the mistrust I hear from these long timers.

I got in full time before this new contract is about to be written so I'm good on a personal level and I will either work lots of overtime or if they give it to the hybrids and I only get around forty hours , that's cool with me too.

What I hate seeing is human nature take over resulting in people being more concerned with their own personal issues and forgetting or brushing aside other potential problems that aren't going to really affect them ( in all of us ) , ( not referring to just you ).

In the teamster case of this happening it results in giving a little bit more and more over a long period of time to where this job isn't going to be good for anyone anymore going forward.

People don't see it here because I think they've been beaten down so much over the years that their defense mechanism is to not give a flying fudgesicl easy ore

Hey Dude, people bitched and complained for years that we didn't take care of the new guys.
This whole contract is about taking care of PT starting pay and more FT job opportunities.
YET, HERE YOU ARE COMPLAINING THAT WE ARE SELLING OURSELVES SHORT AGAIN

I'm in Feeders, so PT pay and FT weekend jobs don't concern me.
Wage increases, Insurance, Pension, and gypsies running loads are MY main concern.
If YOU are worried about every detail in the whole contract, then you are always going to find something to bitch at.

mikejonesjr

Hey Dude, people bitched and complained for years that we didn't take care of the new guys.
This whole contract is about taking care of PT starting pay and more FT job opportunities.

Wage increases, Insurance, Pension, and gypsies running loads are MY main concern.
If YOU are worried about every detail in the whole contract, then you are always going to find something to bitch at.
Read the title. Pters are getting screwed and sure they created more less paying full time jobs that take away from pt work and ft pay. Noone is taken care of outside of pt new hires.

saintrick

22.5 Feeder Combo will solve the gypsies.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Read the title. Pters are getting screwed and sure they created more less paying full time jobs that take away from pt work and ft pay. Noone is taken care of outside of pt new hires.

???????
Anyone less than $13 gets a bump in pay
Once you enter 22.4, your 4 year progression starts !!!!
Your seniority will dictate when get moved up to M-friend
More union drivers and less casual drivers means more company contributions to our wellness and pension funds.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, NO DETAILS HAVE COME OUT YET FOR ANYONE TO SAY THEY DIDN'T GET ANYTHING
Hopefully, we will hear a lot more in this July 10 conference call.

F

Frankie's Friend

No joke, it's completely feasible for a lot of our Feeder bids. Just curious if the feeder guys who are okay with combo for package would feel the same way if it came to feeder too.
I've been saying it all along.
Let's see the language and we'll judge the trend innuendos if we can read between the (braille) lines.

There's no fear tho becuz ol Tony Q says it'll be fine.
Cherry, strawberry, or lime koolaid for you?

There's no respect left. They'll play one group against the other every day they "have to" so let's get this show on the road. I feel like I'm sitting outside the principal's office while councilors discuss my aptitude and future.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Are you ok with a combo 22.4 type position for feeders?

If a Teamster is getting paid instead of a gypsy, I'm fine with your hypothetical.
Also, casuals get paid less and don't contribute anyways.
I hope the contract language works out because Sunday delivery is going to make Feeders 24/7/365. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

F

Frankie's Friend

If a Teamster is getting paid instead of a gypsy, I'm fine with your hypothetical.
Also, casuals get paid less and don't contribute anyways.
I hope the contract language works out because Sunday delivery is going to make Feeders 24/7/365. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
2300 new feeder driving opportunities when the railway gets thinned out?

How many off the street then?