Offer Sells Part-Timers Short

Tony Q

Look man, I get some people are giving you a hard time. All I was talking about was the fact that 22.4 count towards the 22.3 requirement.

As long as you own the fact that they're not going to be making 22.3s during this contract while they fill these new 22.4s, I can respect your opinion on this issue.

I simply disagree with you that this is ok. Its a total bastardization of FT PCD and 22.3 both. Just my opinion.
Okay, I will say this. In the last contract they negotiated 3,500 full time 22.3 jobs to be carried out in the first 3 years of the contract. I truly understand what your point is now, and I understand that you don't trust either side. There are some things I just can"t share here because there will be repercussions. when I say you will have to wait and see its not because I'm trying to act like a prick or in the know, its because I have to watch what I am saying. If you cant understand this, then I don't know what else I can say. I have already said that on a certain day in these threads that the contract will be out soon and get leaked. Just relax and give it a little bit more time.

also for what it is worth I never have been okay with making you or any member wait. I actually hate this waiting game. It makes my job very hard. I don't agree with you or anyone having to wait another second, but I am not the one who makes this decision. I'm sorry

saintrick

They will all be gone shortly. Not site why anyone would take that loser job unless they are trying to get a full-time job. But anyways it will be gone.

It's the most sought after job in my building. Drivers have taken everyone for the past 10+ years.

cachmeifucan

I'm already full time but I would strike for more full-time jobs. Part time poverty just scraping by for health insurance and hopes of getting a full time. many of my brothers and sisters are waiting on 22.3 without that they will be deflated. So how many 22.3 jobs are coming.

cachmeifucan

Believe me if there were pension increases you would hear about them. And yes retirees health insurance went way up since last contract. From 50 a month to over 400 so that eats up 3 years of pension at least for my local. You think teamcrap is going to get better or raise caps ha. All the parts they think are good are out.

The Range

In too deep
Has 'Tony Q' shared knowledge that would confirm they are not less than a hooker working the areas where negotiations are taking place? Their posts ergo persona appear satirical. I see beating around the bush with zero enlightening information on the matter.

Last edited:

Doubleparkedrunner

Pension and retiree healthcare are actually much bigger issues for me than the hybrid drivers. Waiting to hear more about those two things before I make a decision.
Because it only affects you?
...something to think about to all the old timers out there who who may feel as they already got theirs' and now only care about retirement benefits and implications pertaining to this upcoming contract ; there will soon be a mass exodus of baby boomers retiring resulting in the rpcd rank and file consisting of mostly " younger " drivers who , next contract , may only care about the here and now instead of looking towards the future implications such as pensions and retirement healthcare issues.
these same drivers , after watching their senior " brothers " vote yes during this current contract because all they cared about was their own issues will be quick to forgot about the old timers who came before them and only be concerned in things quite the reverse as you seem to be concerned with.
What will happen to your pension then? I mean it seems reasonable to assume that a pension reduction could actually be a possibility if here was no one left in the ranks who cared enough about issues that " don't affect them".
Just some food for thought on how you may couch a statement like his in the future , however harmless you may feel it was for you to state what you care about , it could and quite likely will backfire on you years down the road.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
...something to think about to all the old timers out there who who may feel as they already got theirs' and now only care about retirement benefits and implications pertaining to this upcoming contract ; there will soon be a mass exodus of baby boomers retiring resulting in the rpcd rank and file consisting of mostly " younger " drivers who , next contract , may only care about the here and now instead of looking towards the future implications such as pensions and retirement healthcare issues.
these same drivers , after watching their senior " brothers " vote yes during this current contract because all they cared about was their own issues will be quick to forgot about the old timers who came before them and only be concerned in things quite the reverse as you seem to be concerned with.
What will happen to your pension then? I mean it seems reasonable to assume that a pension reduction could actually be a possibility if here was no one left in the ranks who cared enough about issues that " don't affect them".
Just some food for thought on how you may couch a statement like his in the future , however harmless you may feel it was for you to state what you care about , it could and quite likely will backfire on you years down the road.

You have a point..They still can mess with you even after you retire, especially with the Central States insolvency. Just ask those who retired before the 2008 contract, they will tell you, and never assume you are protected. That promise in the 2008 contract of UPS covering any reduction of monetary benefits if the Central goes belly up could possible be negotiated out with any future contracts. Your increases co-pays and monthly cost for your Health and Welfare could skyrocket, depending on the costs associated with covering retirees in your region. I have personally seen membership sell their brothers and sisters down the tube, it is not pretty and the ones who did it did it out of ignorance and selfishness. We all have to stand together and really look at this contract and find out what is good about it and what is bad or just how they could of make it better.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Angry voices are always the loudest, I'm sure you've figured out that many folks here would vote "no" on pretty much anything just because they hate their jobs. Your posts are appreciated by an awful lot of people who read but don't comment.

We don't hate our jobs. Just trying to make it better...

Kind of funny with BC and the old T-net sites just what kind of personalities voice their opinion on line. Seriously if anybody wants to know what it is like to work with the company or be with the union you will get it straight from this site. Everybody got their own personal issues and it is fun to banter and vent. You can get addicted to this (my wife is starting to worry) and most of us will come and go..I just recent started posting because of the contract, and it might be my last so I have a lot to gain or lose on this one. For the newbies it is a lot to take in, sometimes us old timers forget the informational download required to understand the Contract gibberish. I hate to keep posting information over and over again to get the point across (being redundant at times) but it has to be done to explain the point or in other words: We are really just a bunch of "Know-it-Alls" with nothing better to do, on the plus side it helps hone your writing skills and spelling skills.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You really think that issues like pension and retiree healthcare only affect me? Interesting.

Tony Q

so, what is it that you feel you need to do?

what are your true motivations for visiting this site for a moment in time?
I've spent decades helping members. My intentions have always been to help the members. I will never know your total contribution to the membership and you will never know mine. I am totally comfortable with that. I do know that I have dropped more information here in 993 posts than you will probably ever contribute. I am also fine with this as well.

Tony Q

You really think that issues like pension and retiree healthcare only affect me? Interesting.
I think the teamsters skipped a generation or two as far as teaching the membership what they actually get out of being a member. I will own up to this statement.

Doubleparkedrunner

Of course I don't think they only affect you. They theoretically affect all of us from newbies to grizzled vets. ( assuming there is still even a pension down the road for us newbies and also assuming that healthcare and such isn't allowed to be pillaged by the higher ups to the point that package drivers end up paying exorbitant monthly premiums for what was once "free healthcare")
But , if I did assume that all the doom and gloom I just typed in parenthesis would come true ( which I don't ) , How would you feel or better yet , how would it look to others if I said something like " Working less overtime and getting a nice pay bump in the early years of progression are actually much bigger issues for me than pensions and retiree healthcare ".
hmmm , how would that go over with you and others in your stage of life/career? I have a feeling that my statement in that situation wouldn't be too welcomed amongst most but it's simply a reversal of "immediate" wants and / or needs for said individual.

Of course I don't think they only affect you. They theoretically affect all of us from newbies to grizzled vets. ( assuming there is still even a pension down the road for us newbies and also assuming that healthcare and such isn't allowed to be pillaged by the higher ups to the point that package drivers end up paying exorbitant monthly premiums for what was once "free healthcare")
But , if I did assume that all the doom and gloom I just typed in parenthesis would come true ( which I don't ) , How would you feel or better yet , how would it look to others if I said something like " Working less overtime and getting a nice pay bump in the early years of progression are actually much bigger issues for me than pensions and retiree healthcare ".
hmmm , how would that go over with you and others in your stage of life/career? I have a feeling that my statement in that situation wouldn't be too welcomed amongst most but it's simply a reversal of "immediate" wants and / or needs for said individual.
Maybe we should worry about ourselves and not the newbies that don't vote, don't go to union meetings and don't stick around here for a long time.

Doubleparkedrunner

Maybe we should worry about ourselves and not the newbies that don't vote, don't go to union meetings and don't stick around here for a long time.
Maybe you should. I guess that's for each member to self evaluate what's important to them , like anything else in life I suppose.
I for one feel grateful for all the ones who've come before me and what they were all able to accomplish through their battles with the company and management over the decades.
But that doesn't change the fact that ones words on here can really leave a sour taste in said newbies' minds if not carefully thought out.
Personally I'm a no vote mostly because of a lot of the veterans on here who have so much mistrust in the company to hold their end of the bargain up as far as any wording in the contract and how they will twist or flat out ignore what's written in said contract.
If it wasn't for this mistrust I think some of these proposals would actually be a win win for all involved.