Oh boy, Amazon is going to steal all our help.

Smashmouth

And employees at Amazon already making $15 an hour are also getting a raise.....Hmmmm...but our great union cant negotiate the same for our guys...I hope all you part-timers out there voted NO!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I hope they enjoy working everyday

I wonder if Amazon allows people to wander around looking at their phones....

Or, sit in the bathroom for a half hour everyday ?

Whats worse;

Sitting on the toilet using your phone ?

Or, the person with nothing better to do than take a picture of it ?

UPS Teamsters.... representing solidarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I wonder if Amazon allows people to wander around looking at their phones....

Or, sit in the bathroom for a half hour everyday ?

Whats worse;

Sitting on the toilet using your phone ?

Or, the person with nothing better to do than take a picture of it ?

UPS Teamsters.... representing solidarity.

They should be easy to organize now.

Our union leadership has negotiated us a higher wage than they are making. Of course the fact that employees need to wait 5 years to make $.50 more than they're paying now could be an issue. I guess waiting an extra 9 months for benefits and a few extra years for the 2nd vacation week could also be an issue.

But, we are the long game. Put your time in and you will be driving at over $34 an hour in a few years.. of course the guy next to you will be making over $40 but it's all good, you are making over $34 an hour. That's solidarity right there.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I overheard a shop steward saying corporate will never budge on the $15/hr min. wage because they argue that a $15/hr min. wage for a part-time job is just that- a part-time job. It's not meant to be livable.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because now Amazon is in good Grace's, the next big corporation getting rich from low to no wage is Apple.
Apple is made overseas for the most part. Can't force them to move jobs back and even if they could it would be 5+ years before they could build the factories.

Also Apple has a 50% or so profit margin. Raises wages won't hurt their bottom line much.

And Amazon is not in good graces.

AwashBwashCwash

I overheard a shop steward saying corporate will never budge on the $15/hr min. wage because they argue that a $15/hr min. wage for a part-time job is just that- a part-time job. It's not meant to be livable.

Lol. Classic boomerism. "You're not meant to have a fair wage. Uhhh because we said so. *rolls around in massive cash heap*"
Teamsters are a :censored2:ing joke btw.