Oh boy, Amazon is going to steal all our help.

dudebro

That's a winning no matter who we figured it out. UPS is Archaic! They are
Trying now hard, but really there is no catch up for them any time sooner with FedEx or Amazon. They are cheaper, they always working cost effective. Now they will face the consequences.
Archaic as in paying our FT drivers a much better wage than the other two?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
How "nice" does a belt have to be to carry a package from here to there? The equipment is fine.

Actually would disagree here.
Going to vary by center, of course, but I can name multiple problems with mine.

The increased volume is causing a lot of jams around some corners, diverters can't handle the weight, etc. etc...

Then we can look at trucks. We're still using multiple stick shifts, old slow trucks, stuff like that. The nicer trucks we order(ed) all get pulled to hurricane areas, and the like.

I can't speak for whether or not competitors are doing better, but I know UPS could be improving things.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
How "nice" does a belt have to be to carry a package from here to there? The equipment is fine.
Just bad planning, lots of cars had bulk merchandise going to several cars today.
Instead of sorting them out prematurely, the start smalls sort super late, and the ones that make it early are in the back of the bins.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We call them runners, a term Management hates.
South Jersey we call them moronic imbeciles. Point to the green house, say go to number 433, the green house. What’s the “helper” do? Goes to the red house. Some I’ve had were so fat they couldn’t even buckle the seat belt. Some think 10am means noon?

oldngray

nowhere special
South Jersey we call them moronic imbeciles. Point to the green house, say go to number 433, the green house. What’s the “helper” do? Goes to the red house. Some I’ve had were so fat they couldn’t even buckle the seat belt. Some think 10am means noon?

I think helpers are like that all over.

Except in the BOG.

542thruNthru

I overheard a shop steward saying corporate will never budge on the $15/hr min. wage because they argue that a $15/hr min. wage for a part-time job is just that- a part-time job. It's not meant to be livable.

I thought you didn't even work at UPS anymore. You trolling son?!

Yep that's definitely 90% of Jersey:)

542thruNthru

I hope it’s rainy and windy next time your outside....

In Socal? Yeah you got a better chance of growing hair. ;)

Today eating lunch at the golf course on my route.
20180929_104354.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You key in the gate code and tell them to wait to be let out but they sprint to the house and back before the gate closes and start chasing you down a dirt road.

Story by your truly.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I wonder if Amazon allows people to wander around looking at their phones....

Or, sit in the bathroom for a half hour everyday ?

Whats worse;

Sitting on the toilet using your phone ?

Or, the person with nothing better to do than take a picture of it ?

UPS Teamsters.... representing solidarity.

Yes Amazon allows people to :censored2: sounda a lot more than ups allows employees too