"On Topic" Discussing a Safety Concern with Integrity

Integrity

Binge Poster
The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Pick a safety concern of yours and we'll discuss through the process and steps that could and should be taken to see that the concern is addressed in an appropriate and thorough manner.

I

jaker

trolling
Since we know integrity actually won't answer the questions
The fans in the bathroom are not satisfactory. Human smells of a waste nature are rampant.
Buy nose mask or use different bathroom
I fear for your safety if this is how you act in real life.
Not your problem

I think safety wise they should crush all 1980 something package cars
It's a slow process but it is happening
I think Orion is trying to kill me by making me cross the road all the time to deliver.
It is , but remember look both ways

undies

We had a cross walk system with flashing lights built into he street and a voice that would talk about safety when crossing. It doesn't work anymore and nobody cares to fix it. What's up with that?

jaker

trolling
We had a cross walk system with flashing lights built into he street and a voice that would talk about safety when crossing. It doesn't work anymore and nobody cares to fix it. What's up with that?
Reactive not proactive , not a problem until someone gets hurt

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The fire extinguishers in all vehicles are for marine use only and I've never been trained how to use it.

The seat in my package car is not air ride, rather it is bolted to the floor. I suffer from constant back pain as a result.

I do not have proper egress to walk down the middle of my package car every morning.

undies

Please describe this system a bit more.
It is a crosswalk from our parking structure to the building. There were flashing lights embedded into the street that flashed when we pressed the cross button. There was also a message that played in English/Spanish warning to be safe and that "vehicles may not stop" "los vehiculos no se deben a parar"

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is a crosswalk from our parking structure to the building. There were flashing lights embedded into the street that flashed when we pressed the cross button. There was also a message that played in English/Spanish warning to be safe and that "vehicles may not stop" "los vehiculos no se deben a parar"
What is the safety violation that you see occurring regarding this issue?

Integrity

Binge Poster
The fire extinguishers in all vehicles are for marine use only and I've never been trained how to use it.

The seat in my package car is not air ride, rather it is bolted to the floor. I suffer from constant back pain as a result.

I do not have proper egress to walk down the middle of my package car every morning.
What safety violation is in play in the fire extinguisher concern?

Did you report the seat to your CHSP Employee Safety Committee member for your work group?

What specific safety training regarding egress does the filling up of the package car violate?

The first step in handling any concerns is to clarify the violation.

Integrity

Binge Poster
PMI methods tell me to use 4 jack stands at a time. Will I be crushed to death?
I don't know if you will be crushed to death.

I do know of at least one mechanic fatality as a result of the use of jack stands.

Not clear of the circumstances of the accident though, it was awhile ago.

The point is failing to use equipment according to manufacturers instructions is not only a safety violation, it a foolish thing to allow an employer or peer pressure to dictate the unsafe use of third party equipment.

IMO If what you say is true these methods should be reviewed by the jack stand manufacturer for approval to be used in this way.