Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
you should be ashamed of yourself. You didn't see the "on topic"?

I 's threads are serious business!!
Monkey face?
upload_2017-11-25_7-51-47-png.167401

IESucks

To All,

Is it ethical for a company to give its employees training, going so far as to having employees even sign papers stating they understand that they are required to follow the methods or training and then have local supervision, management not enforce and/or reinforce the following of the company training on a day to day basis. Local management actually forces the employees into not following the companies training methods and policies by creating a culture that discourages following training methods by having a rush your work and speed at all cost mentality.

Is it a further breach of ethical management by insisting on methods and training only when there is an audit, a visit or some other reason for presenting a workplace that is false and does not represent regular everyday business as usual?

I
Wow. You summed up ups

Brohn Bron

Management knows that the work will cost more by following the methods. The culture of the company is "make a number at all cost". I believe they teach the method just so their lawyers can say that the taught us the right way after we get hurt.
I would even say that in some cases the people that DO follow the methods are accused of "being slow", "lazy" etc. the ones that don't follow them are faster and fall under less criticism from management.
Yes. In my opinion this is all unethical.

Absolutely spot on. Management are people too, trying to boost their own numbers at any turn.

The methods are a liability blanket constructed by their lawyers to mitigate the companies responsibility in the event something happens. Break your ankle not using a hand rail, friend off. Didn’t use the hand rail.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Management knows that the work will cost more by following the methods. The culture of the company is "make a number at all cost". I believe they teach the method just so their lawyers can say that the taught us the right way after we get hurt.
I would even say that in some cases the people that DO follow the methods are accused of "being slow", "lazy" etc. the ones that don't follow them are faster and fall under less criticism from management.
Yes. In my opinion this is all unethical.
I'll take this one step further, although you already touched on it briefly.

The "methods" and various other trainings, coupled with the existence of the so-called "Safety Committees" are in place to reduce the Company's perceived liabilities, nothing else.

This Company absolutely does not want to discourage "at risk" behavior, they just attempt to document that they do.
In reality, they bank on us not doing as we are trained, in order to meet otherwise unattainable metrics.
You need not look any further than the areas that have bonus/incentive programs in place to reward those who are willing to paint outside the lines to validate this assertion.

Make no mistake, this Company and it's policies and procedures rest on a foundation of hypocrisy, designed to leverage our professional lives against our personal lives.