One step closer

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Time for change means get in there and make a difference. Become a steward and work up the ranks. Sounds like your just a cry baby! Go change your name to Time To Quit. Loser.
Everyone can't be a sheepdog, so why assert that everyone who finds their representation lacking should aspire to be one?

You sound like a wolf to me.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I would not quit..You would be more effective being part of the collective bargaining system...The parties that you want to strike out against will not miss you or your union dues..Think it over again and fight within the system.

Astute observation.

Everyone can't be a sheepdog, so why assert that everyone who finds their representation lacking should aspire to be one?

You're right.... it's a lot easier to just sit back and complain.

-Bug-

Time for change

I would not quit..You would be more effective being part of the collective bargaining system...The parties that you want to strike out against will not miss you or your union dues..Think it over again and fight within the system.

For the most part I have agreed with your blogs and totally agree on how they are sticking it to the part timers again with this one. If anything stick around for the vote, you might be surprised on the outcome. Go down swinging..

For sure sticking it out through vote and won’t be shocked if it is voted down. They still would have to go back to table and actually address EXISTING part time issues. Vote NO!!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I will. I earn my wage and benefits. It doesn’t work to say we should simply pay, no matter the representation offered. It’s a two way street. If it’s friend me, it’s friend them. I’m not a sucker

Some of the drivers here don't seem to understand this, or sympathize with this very well.

And I would ask them to really try to come at this the way we have to.
We make very little money, and work very hard for it.

The "brotherhood" that we all are a part of, spends almost all of its time representing the drivers.

Neglect hurts.
Especially in the wallet.

I don't want to leave the union. But I pay my dues, and I should be every bit as important to them, as a driver.

I'd ask the guys who are thinking of leaving, to wait. We gotta make this push. If we might not be able to shoot this down as is, how are we going to manage if y'all can't vote?
Stick it out a bit more. Give it one more try, to make both UPS and the union hear our voices.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Unfortunately bad stewards and bad leadership happen and I understand the anger and wanting to pull out of the union when you see a crappy steward botch stuff, side with management to boost their own position etc. but leaving the union won’t help. There are ways to vote out bad leadership and I have seen bad stewards removed as well.

@Management Blows

It's hard to follow your posts (or train of thought)

When you can't "Quote" and respond to questions....

Help me out.
Apologies for my replies. But I assure you im being clear as to why I left. I take no pride in it whatsoever. It’s been a decade of nonsense, so it’s not like I acted irrationally and left. Once I got setup and my BA refused to tell me what I was accused of, it was enough for me.
I called for years and no one would so much as look into my claims. If I hadn’t recorded my steward setting me up I’d been gone. Made many false allegations, to the point of hiring deputies to guard the building. Yet, the union just had no clue what I had done? Lol.
I’ll keep my wages and benefits and hold my head high. It’s a two way street. I’d rather a thief steal my due money. At least you know he’s a scumbag out of the gate

Unfortunately bad stewards and bad leadership happen and I understand the anger and wanting to pull out of the union when you see a crappy steward botch stuff, side with management to boost their own position etc. but leaving the union won’t help. There are ways to vote out bad leadership and I have seen bad stewards removed as well.
I agree. My steward stepped his sorry ass down after he got caught up. I’m at a 25 or so rpcd center, that’s heavily pro management and anti waves of any kind, due to years of bad representation. I can’t make a difference in that environment to justify me paying people that participated in getting me discharged

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Of course it has to be bigger and when half the part time work force realizes they aren’t being represented and have zero reason to pay dues, it will get big. Stay tuned, there will be a movement.
No there won't. Majority of part time work force comes and goes. A few stay career part time, some go driving and most are a revolving door of quitters and new hires.

over9five

Staff member
No there won't. Majority of part time work force comes and goes. A few stay career part time, some go driving and most are a revolving door of quitters and new hires.
Yup, and I was also going to say that we've been hearing for DECADES how this time the p/ters would join together and take over contract talks and win with their sheer numbers.
Still waiting for that to happen...

oldngray

nowhere special
Yup, and I was also going to say that we've been hearing for DECADES how this time the p/ters would join together and take over contract talks and win with their sheer numbers.
Still waiting for that to happen...
giphy2.gif

LagunaBrown

Clearly the uneducated, spoiled, dues dodging, non voting members are jeopardizing the Teamsters existence far more than its leadership. Congrats on being the generation that tears apart what suffrage and oppression built to protect you.