Participation in ERI survey

athena

No participation is not mandatory. You should only take it if you want to take it. That being said, this is your opportunity to state your opinion. Apparently, the numbers are a pretty big deal with management . Also, you can leave your opinion in your own words at the end in the comments section. I plan to take it. I think my opinion counts. I mean, I still vote even after the whole fiasco with Bush.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No, its not mandatory that you take it. But if you don't, then maybe your supervisor will take it for you.:ohmy: Its one of the few times that you are asked your opinion, and you are on the clock, so why not? I prefer to take mine at the end of the day, my mind is working better when I am getting overtime. And don't forget to fill out the "comments" section, there are always some questions they just don't ask!:wink:

over9five

Staff member
"I still vote even after the whole fiasco with Bush."

So, the loser you voted for LOST, but you still vote anyhow...

mason575

I like asking my supervisor for notebook paper because I ran out of charactars....he gives me a look like Amish people at circuit city.

DS

Fenderbender
One thing in our hub pisses me off big time.They wont pay us to go on the clock early but 15 out of 20 drivers every day are in there doing it for free.I used to do this so I`m somewhat guilty,but they used to pay us to do it.Heres my ERI comment...please tell me what you think.
I had to use short forms,300 characters aint much.
Mgmt integrity issue re:allowing SP's to work off the clock.We were paged that no SP will be allowed on the clock before his start time.Yet the center manager stands every day watching as they pull splits,mslds,find air in load,scan bulk stops 45 min early.OP R#'s are false.

F

forgotedd

No participation is not mandatory.I have heard that if you select strongly disagree on the questions that gets thrown out anyway.In my opinion and most of the guys in my center it looks worst for the management team if the number of people who take it is down from the previos year.

upsgrunt

One thing in our hub pisses me off big time.They wont pay us to go on the clock early but 15 out of 20 drivers every day are in there doing it for free.I used to do this so I`m somewhat guilty,but they used to pay us to do it.Heres my ERI comment...please tell me what you think.
I had to use short forms,300 characters aint much.
Mgmt integrity issue re:allowing SP's to work off the clock.We were paged that no SP will be allowed on the clock before his start time.Yet the center manager stands every day watching as they pull splits,mslds,find air in load,scan bulk stops 45 min early.OP R#'s are false.

Seems to me that pretty much sums up that chapter of discontent! Nice work!

Cezanne

You mean they upped it to 600 characters, was at 300 last time I participate. If you know how to type shorthand you could practically write a novel. I have not taken it yet, but I always use as much of the remarks section as possible. From my understanding the remarks are reviewed on the district level, for whatever reason that means.:confused:1

athena

"I still vote even after the whole fiasco with Bush."

So, the loser you voted for LOST, but you still vote anyhow...

I was saying that even though the process of voting for a President seemed tarnished after the whole thing in Florida, I still believe enough in the system to continue to vote. I support any President that wins an election whether I voted for him/her or not. However, the thought that someone might cheat so outrageously to win does not sit well. Is this the type of President you want running the country? I'm not saying he cheated but I don't like that there is a possibility. It was very suspicious, in my opinion and I hope it doesn't happen again.

JustTired

free at last.......
However, the thought that someone might cheat so outrageously to win does not sit well. Is this the type of President you want running the country? I'm not saying he cheated but I don't like that there is a possibility. It was very suspicious, in my opinion and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Let's see.....all the votes disallowed in Fla. .......some because your name was the same as some convicted felon somewhere, etc......your brother is the Gov. of Fla. at the time.......oh yeah....he cheated......he also cheated the American people out of the money he made during his time in the Air National Guard....the normal person would have been charged with desertion. Funny how you can be for war when there's no chance that you'll actually have to participate. 2008 can't get here fast enough. IMO

over9five

Staff member
Let's see......Gore wanted all the military absentee ballots disallowed (cuz they were all for Bush).
Your brother was the governor (Did he decide the outcome??? I don't think so. I thought it was the Supreme Court).
Cheated the American people out of the money he made during his time in the Air National Guard?? (I seem to remember discharge papers).
Funny how you can be for war when there's no chance that you'll actually have to participate? (Most people that age do not participate in war. I don't think Slick Willy fought in his Falklands war).

(IMO)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I took the eri. I rarely have, since we have a chance to actually write thoughts, I took it.
I used 300 thats all I was allowed.
I used overallowed, is bogus, standards are bogus, mgmt not even aloud to run their operations is stupidity. Causes issues between mgmt and hourly that do not need to exist, if someone above wasnt trying to dictate hate and discontent by trying to make people adhere to unrealsitic expectations and using puppets to enforce it. Morale is at an all time low because of it. What exactly was it that the ivory tower was trying to accomplish?

upsgrunt

I took the eri. I rarely have, since we have a chance to actually write thoughts, I took it.
I used 300 thats all I was allowed.
I used overallowed, is bogus, standards are bogus, mgmt not even aloud to run their operations is stupidity. Causes issues between mgmt and hourly that do not need to exist, if someone above wasnt trying to dictate hate and discontent by trying to make people adhere to unrealsitic expectations and using puppets to enforce it. Morale is at an all time low because of it. What exactly was it that the ivory tower was trying to accomplish?

Hey Tooner,
That is basically what I said in mine also. I've talked to most guys at our center and they used all the comment section as well. Maybe this will be the year that something good happens.

Maybe not. It does feel good to dream once and awhile- like when you buy a lottery ticket when the jackpot goes way up. But, you never win, and I'm afraid that is the case with the ERI.

over9five

Staff member
In my center, they tell you before you take it that all questions refer to your immediate supervisor. NOT your manager. NOT upper management.

Do they tell you all that?

I answered all those questions positively because I have a good relationship with my sup. I was honest. If I were rating my manager, I probably would have answered differently.

I should have, but I didn't do the comment section.

W

westsideworma

In my center, they tell you before you take it that all questions refer to your immediate supervisor. NOT your manager. NOT upper management.

Do they tell you all that?

I answered all those questions positively because I have a good relationship with my sup. I was honest. If I were rating my manager, I probably would have answered differently.

I should have, but I didn't do the comment section.

see I hate that, by and large most people I know that work here don't have a problem with their immediate supervisor. Even now as a supervisor I don't. The people I have/had a problem with aren't in the operation and are making all the decisions for our management team...I think its probably the dumbest thing ever. Just because someone in NY or where says thats how we're going to do it, we do it. Nevermind that he knows little to nothing of our operation and may have little to no operational background, yet he knows better than our mangers/supes what needs to be done? give me a break.