Pathetic Purple FPP Payout

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's big business at it's finest. No matter what a company gives you, no matter how much you make, you'll never be happy. I'm assuming you've been with the company a long time. Going under that assumption.........if you didn't like what FedEx gives you, what they pay you or how the company is run, you would have left a long time ago. Look at the UPS drivers making $25-30/hr and wish they get more. When the layoffs were coming around the business world, management took mandatory paycuts to save frontline workers. UPS cut frontline jobs and the drivers were on this forum wondering if their raises were correct while the drivers next to them were being laid off.

I go in everyday, do my job and go home. At the end of every day/week, I know I will be paying my mortgage, putting food on the table and putting a bit of cash in the bank. I also know I will be going into work tomorrow unless I do something to jeopardize my employment.

That's nice, but very few of you seem to see the necessity to band together in an effort to get some measure of bargaining power with FedEx. As it stands, you have none, and you seem resigned to the fact that it will never change. This is just the way Fred likes his employees....compliant, eager, and ignorant. Maybe you'll eventually figure it out. In the meantime, just do whatever they want, ask no questions, and then wonder why you have zero power as an employee and it takes 20 years to top-out. You're bent completely over...and you don't even know it.

!Retired!

That's nice, but very few of you seem to see the necessity to band together in an effort to get some measure of bargaining power with FedEx. As it stands, you have none, and you seem resigned to the fact that it will never change. This is just the way Fred likes his employees....compliant, eager, and ignorant. Maybe you'll eventually figure it out. In the meantime, just do whatever they want, ask no questions, and then wonder why you have zero power as an employee and it takes 20 years to top-out. You're bent completely over...and you don't even know it.
If it disturbs you SO much, why not leave? Why stay here as long as you have? I personally know 7 - 25+ year employees that don't sound as bitter as you do do. I've worked in 3 stations in 3 states and never heard such resentment against upper management. The fact that FedEx was one of the few LARGER companies in the world that didn't lay anyone off OR cut wages makes me wonder if they know something we/you/I don't. I also wonder how many other jobs you had before FedEx? Did you feel the same resentment against those higher ups also?

FedEx All the Way!

WOW! Since I have been out of these discussions for some time now, I can't believe you are still here complaining about everything (x-mas bonus) etc. When you got the money, did you ever stop and think that some people in this economy didn't. Hope you had a good dinner and McDonalds? The money you received should have gotten you plenty to eat!!!!!!:greedy:

FedEx All the Way!

Thanks. You hit it right on the nose. I've been posting the same to him for some time now. All his posts are "HOW TO BRING FEDEX DOWN" He's sooooo bitter, but yet he will never reveal why he still goes to work for FRED!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
WOW! Since I have been out of these discussions for some time now, I can't believe you are still here complaining about everything (x-mas bonus) etc. When you got the money, did you ever stop and think that some people in this economy didn't. Hope you had a good dinner and McDonalds? The money you received should have gotten you plenty to eat!!!!!!:greedy:

WOW!! I think you've found a soulmate in "The Jackal". Great minds certainly think alike, don't they? My arguments are the same because the problems are the same, and the same "new" types of non-thinkers (like Jackal) keep coming onto this site and spreading their manure. His logic is almost as flawed as yours, and that's not a compliment.

I'll repeat myself. As long as I'm with FedEx, I'll continue to fight against the feeble-minded who think it's such a great company and that Mr Smith isn't taking full advantage of employees at every opportunity. Got it?

My exit strategy is in-place and I will leave FedEx as soon as I can execute my plan. Like Ricochet1, I've got better things to do with my mind than waste it on FedEx. Hey, FEATW!! Maybe when I leave, YOU can take my place. Fred is always looking for ultra-sharp (sharp as a basketball, that is) employees who do exactly what management wants each and every time without question...kind of like that puppy dog in the window at the pet store. Unquestioning obedience and love at all times.

!Retired!

WOW!! I think you've found a soulmate in "The Jackal". Great minds certainly think alike, don't they? My arguments are the same because the problems are the same, and the same "new" types of non-thinkers (like Jackal) keep coming onto this site and spreading their manure. His logic is almost as flawed as yours, and that's not a compliment.

I'll repeat myself. As long as I'm with FedEx, I'll continue to fight against the feeble-minded who think it's such a great company and that Mr Smith isn't taking full advantage of employees at every opportunity. Got it?

My exit strategy is in-place and I will leave FedEx as soon as I can execute my plan. Like Ricochet1, I've got better things to do with my mind than waste it on FedEx. Hey, FEATW!! Maybe when I leave, YOU can take my place. Fred is always looking for ultra-sharp (sharp as a basketball, that is) employees who do exactly what management wants each and every time without question...kind of like that puppy dog in the window at the pet store. Unquestioning obedience and love at all times.
I'm not here to make friends, nor am I a 'plant' like you mentioned in the other thread. You never answered my question.....'If you dislike FedEX SO much, why have you been with the company as long as you have?' I'm not saying you should retire today, but you could have left years ago. Also, what other companies have you worked for and why did you leave? Did you dislike those/that company as much as FedEx? You'll probably just avoid the questions, so I won't hold my breath for an answer.

As for my 'flawed logic' and manure, please elaborate...what did I say that was wrong? All I did was state MY opinion, just as you do. I know working for FedEx has gotten me a car, home and put money in the bank. Tell me how this is a bad thing.....

All you do is keep saying the same thing over and over while avoiding any questions posed to you. So, should you choose not to answer, I won't be the one feeding your one track mind. Good luck in retirement......even though it's probably another 10 years away.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not here to make friends, nor am I a 'plant' like you mentioned in the other thread. You never answered my question.....'If you dislike FedEX SO much, why have you been with the company as long as you have?' I'm not saying you should retire today, but you could have left years ago. Also, what other companies have you worked for and why did you leave? Did you dislike those/that company as much as FedEx? You'll probably just avoid the questions, so I won't hold my breath for an answer.

As for my 'flawed logic' and manure, please elaborate...what did I say that was wrong? All I did was state MY opinion, just as you do. I know working for FedEx has gotten me a car, home and put money in the bank. Tell me how this is a bad thing.....

All you do is keep saying the same thing over and over while avoiding any questions posed to you. So, should you choose not to answer, I won't be the one feeding your one track mind. Good luck in retirement......even though it's probably another 10 years away.

I'll cut you some slack because you're new here. Go back and read about 10 of my old posts and then read 10 from FedExAllThe Way. Then you'll understand why I think you two belong together and why you're both synchophants for FedEx. You're welcome.

Washu234

Yo Jackel,

I know you're new but Mr. FedEx knows his argument well.

I like working for FedEx but I've been following this discussion for quite sometime and MrFedEx's points are always valid and well thought. While he may come across as an angry FedEx hater his core point remains true - over the years management has asked us to do far more for far less and they continue to do so. I'm a newer employee (less then 5 years) and when I hear of all that was given up before I arrived it makes me sick. To me this is just a part time gig that pays well while I'm in school, however if I saw my pension cut in half without any say from me, my benefits slashed (paying for crappy healthcare verses the great healthcare previously provided) - I too would be upset.

For an A+B worker as yourself who does his job for the paycheck - there is nothing wrong with FedEx.

I'm not sure Mr.FedEx hates Fedex as much as he hates the direction its been heading a long time. You can only receive the glossed over flyers in the mail so many times before you stop caring.

bbsam

Staff member
Yo Jackel,

I know you're new but Mr. FedEx knows his argument well.

I like working for FedEx but I've been following this discussion for quite sometime and MrFedEx's points are always valid and well thought. While he may come across as an angry FedEx hater his core point remains true - over the years management has asked us to do far more for far less and they continue to do so. I'm a newer employee (less then 5 years) and when I hear of all that was given up before I arrived it makes me sick. To me this is just a part time gig that pays well while I'm in school, however if I saw my pension cut in half without any say from me, my benefits slashed (paying for crappy healthcare verses the great healthcare previously provided) - I too would be upset.

For an A+B worker as yourself who does his job for the paycheck - there is nothing wrong with FedEx.

I'm not sure Mr.FedEx hates Fedex as much as he hates the direction its been heading a long time. You can only receive the glossed over flyers in the mail so many times before you stop caring.
But the wailing and gnashing of teeth is so ineffective and sad. It's like listening to Hugo Chavez make valid points but all tied up in such over-the-top-anti-American vitriol to the point where one just says, "just go away."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Then take a different position within the company that pays more.

Brilliant "solution". That's just about what I'd expect from an apologist for FedEx. If you want to be an :censored2: for Smith, go right ahead. As usual, you missed my point entirely, which is that we hourlies directly subsidize the high salaries and nice retirement plans of these "preferred" employees via stagnant wages, extended top-out times, and the gutting of our own pension plan. Are you OK with that? Apparently so.

Quick question for you. How do you (Mr. 59 Dano) plan to retire from FedEx? Since you're a big FedEx fan and don't need to be secretive and hidden like me, why don't you tell all of us how many years you've got-in, and what your big payout will be when you retire. I know you think I'm a big whiner, but I've got my retirement plan maxxed already, so my motivation isn't for me, but for the poor nothings like you that are in their 30's or early 40's and have a substantial career investment in FedEx, with very little to show for that time and effort. Maybe you should tell us why you stay with FedEx when there's nothing on the horizon except the pitiful PPP. So, Smart Guy, please fill us in on how you plan to spend your golden years based on Fred's "generosity"? I await your highly intelligent reply.

MD10MECH

There you go again name calling.If they don't agree with you then there comes the name calling.Great to have people like you representing the union because you are the type that drive people away.Keep up the good work you have been trained well.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Brilliant "solution". That's just about what I'd expect from an apologist for FedEx. If you want to be an :censored2: for Smith, go right ahead. As usual, you missed my point entirely, which is that we hourlies directly subsidize the high salaries and nice retirement plans of these "preferred" employees via stagnant wages, extended top-out times, and the gutting of our own pension plan. Are you OK with that? Apparently so.

Hourlies in any industry have subsidized those above them. I don't think that joining you with folded arms and pouty lips will change the foundation of commerce.

Quick question for you. How do you (Mr. 59 Dano) plan to retire from FedEx? Since you're a big FedEx fan and don't need to be secretive and hidden like me, why don't you tell all of us how many years you've got-in, and what your big payout will be when you retire. I know you think I'm a big whiner, but I've got my retirement plan maxxed already, so my motivation isn't for me, but for the poor nothings like you that are in their 30's or early 40's and have a substantial career investment in FedEx, with very little to show for that time and effort. Maybe you should tell us why you stay with FedEx when there's nothing on the horizon except the pitiful PPP. So, Smart Guy, please fill us in on how you plan to spend your golden years based on Fred's "generosity"? I await your highly intelligent reply.

How I plan to retire: "Hey guys, I'm retiring!"
Number of years I have in: Not many, unless it's a lot.
Expected retirement payout: I dunno. Do you mean the 401k, the pension, or my retirement funds that have nothing to do with FedEx?

Anyhow, (*)you chose to remain in an entry-level position. Was it stupidity or laziness that kept you from taking advantage of the opportunities presented to you for better pay and a better job classification? Both? Did it not occur to you that if you want the perks of a 'preferred' position it might be advantageous to make the effort to OBTAIN one of those positions? Just a thought.

(*)Turnabout being fair play...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hourlies in any industry have subsidized those above them. I don't think that joining you with folded arms and pouty lips will change the foundation of commerce.

How I plan to retire: "Hey guys, I'm retiring!"
Number of years I have in: Not many, unless it's a lot.
Expected retirement payout: I dunno. Do you mean the 401k, the pension, or my retirement funds that have nothing to do with FedEx?

Anyhow, (*)you chose to remain in an entry-level position. Was it stupidity or laziness that kept you from taking advantage of the opportunities presented to you for better pay and a better job classification? Both? Did it not occur to you that if you want the perks of a 'preferred' position it might be advantageous to make the effort to OBTAIN one of those positions? Just a thought.

(*)Turnabout being fair play...

In other words, you really don't know how you're going to retire. And I fully realize that hourlies have always subsidized those above them. The difference is that at FedEx they simply robbed you of your pension plan to do it. And you still think you're getting a good deal. "Hey guys, I'm retiring" and I'm going to live in my car down under the overpass. Thanks, Fred!

There are a couple of reasons I never went into management. First, it is in total conflict with my ethics. I cannot be the total sell-out kind of liar that becoming a member of the management team requires. Second, I value my family enough not to subject them to me putting them in second place and selling my soul to Fred S. Third, when I started at FedEx in the early 80's, the company actually paid competitive wages,except for frontline management. Hourlies usually far out-earned ops managers and sometimes even made more than seniors with a lot of OT. I'm neither stupid or lazy, and have a big enough bank account, home, cars, investments, and educational resume to prove-it. FedEx eventually "got" that the very high level of management turnover and dis-satisfaction required higher levels of compensation. It only took them about 20 years to figure-it out.

59 Dano

In other words, you really don't know how you're going to retire. And I fully realize that hourlies have always subsidized those above them. The difference is that at FedEx they simply robbed you of your pension plan to do it. And you still think you're getting a good deal. "Hey guys, I'm retiring" and I'm going to live in my car down under the overpass. Thanks, Fred!

I don't know how I'm going to retire? Where on EARTH did you get that idea? That's the point of a Roth IRA and a 401(k). My idea of retirement planning is to take an active role in feathering the bed with money than an employer can't take away or mess with. That's the money I'm going to live off of when I get old. Any pension income will be treated as found money.

There are a couple of reasons I never went into management. First, it is in total conflict with my ethics. I cannot be the total sell-out kind of liar that becoming a member of the management team requires. Second, I value my family enough not to subject them to me putting them in second place and selling my soul to Fred S. Third, when I started at FedEx in the early 80's, the company actually paid competitive wages,except for frontline management. Hourlies usually far out-earned ops managers and sometimes even made more than seniors with a lot of OT. I'm neither stupid or lazy, and have a big enough bank account, home, cars, investments, and educational resume to prove-it. FedEx eventually "got" that the very high level of management turnover and dis-satisfaction required higher levels of compensation. It only took them about 20 years to figure-it out.

ROTFLMAO!!! You're wealthy, you're smart, you know the higher-ups, and you're well-educated... yet here you are 20 years later in the same spot with excuses for why you never tried to get a better position (doesn't have to be mgmt, y'know). I've got a lot of similar excuses for why I'm not playing in the NBA, but I don't whine about how those guys make all that money.

I don't begrudge a person's decision to be a career courier. If that's what someone wants to do then he should do it. Regardless of the reasons for that choice, there is the implicit understanding that those who don't seek professional growth and development aren't going to see much growth in pay. Bitterness and regret over the path you willingly chose won't do you any good.

FedEx courier

I don't know how I'm going to retire? Where on EARTH did you get that idea? That's the point of a Roth IRA and a 401(k). My idea of retirement planning is to take an active role in feathering the bed with money than an employer can't take away or mess with. That's the money I'm going to live off of when I get old. Any pension income will be treated as found money.

ROTFLMAO!!! You're wealthy, you're smart, you know the higher-ups, and you're well-educated... yet here you are 20 years later in the same spot with excuses for why you never tried to get a better position (doesn't have to be mgmt, y'know). I've got a lot of similar excuses for why I'm not playing in the NBA, but I don't whine about how those guys make all that money.

I don't begrudge a person's decision to be a career courier. If that's what someone wants to do then he should do it. Regardless of the reasons for that choice, there is the implicit understanding that those who don't seek professional growth and development aren't going to see much growth in pay. Bitterness and regret over the path you willingly chose won't do you any good.

Wow! Looks like they are all coming out of the woodwork at the same time now. There must really be a threat now? It must be those boys up in Canada joining the Union, you have about three new members posting at once and backing each other up now. Even "FedEx all the way!" came back. This gets more entertaining to watch everyday.

Mr. Fedex has every right to complain about something he sees as an injustice. If people had never stepped up and spoke out against the wrongs in the world where would everyone be now? Anyone else find it funny how all these brand new members sound just like "FedEx 4 Life"?

bbsam

Staff member
Wow! Looks like they are all coming out of the woodwork at the same time now. There must really be a threat now? It must be those boys up in Canada joining the Union, you have about three new members posting at once and backing each other up now. Even "FedEx all the way!" came back. This gets more entertaining to watch everyday.

Mr. Fedex has every right to complain about something he sees as an injustice. If people had never stepped up and spoke out against the wrongs in the world where would everyone be now? Anyone else find it funny how all these brand new members sound just like "FedEx 4 Life"?
Seems to me that people are pretty fairly divided pro an con and yes, they all have the right to post their opinions and oppositions to opinions.

59 Dano

I find it hilarious that anytime I post here, I'm accused of being "sent." I find it sad that if you make any kind of decently-reasoned post without saying things like "FRED WANTS TO EAT YOUR SOUL. FRED WANTS YOU TO BE A SLAVE. THE EXECS ARE SCUM WHO LIGHT CIGARS WITH $100 BILLS" then you're accused of being on their side.

If you turn it up all the way to 10 with every post on every topic, get overly defensive, and lash out so harshly when anyone dares to question anything you say, then you won't be taken seriously. That kind of mentality REEKS of the one or two guys in every workgroup whom everyone ignores because they're tired of listening to them piss and moan about anything and everything.