Pay cut.....

ths tiger

So in this booming economy where ups is on pace to make about 6-7 billion in profits this year. We are basically all going to be taking a 10-30% pay cut. This 8.2 hour day is real and is here to stay. All because of the 22.4 drivers coming. Ups would never be able to implement these hours for us without them....and for those loving the getting home early part of it right now. Don’t get used to it. Once they fine tune this our start times will be 9,10, 11.....respect the vote

KOG72

I’m full of it
Don’t know where they are going to get these 22.4 drivers from.They put a list up in our building and surprise,surprise nobody has signed it.

GenericUsername

I also don't see where you're talking about a pay cut. My paychecks are still the same dollar amount per hour. Stop griping about the fact that you get less hours at work and more personal time. IF you don't like it, sign the 22.4 sheet and stfu.

JL 0513

Don’t know where they are going to get these 22.4 drivers from.They put a list up in our building and surprise,surprise nobody has signed it.

I hope UPS runs into this problem.

I can see the job description now:

******Drivers needed******
- Worse schedule than regular drivers
- Less pay than regular drivers
- Less protections than regular drivers
- Opportunity to work preload!
- May even get to work Sundays at straight time!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So in this booming economy where ups is on pace to make about 6-7 billion in profits this year. We are basically all going to be taking a 10-30% pay cut. This 8.2 hour day is real and is here to stay. All because of the 22.4 drivers coming. Ups would never be able to implement these hours for us without them....and for those loving the getting home early part of it right now. Don’t get used to it. Once they fine tune this our start times will be 9,10, 11.....respect the vote
If they are doing 8.2 now before any 22.4 are hired why wouldnt they be able to implement it without 22.4? Seems they already have.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I think they'll have trouble. All of the decent sized centers I know of can't fill their open drivers positions.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
We been on 9.5 all week and were told the same for next week. Don't worry they can't train enough drivers to handle peak. All plans look good on paper, actually trying to put them into action in real time is another story.

JL 0513

I call it, "living within my means."

There's so many situational differences with people. It's not just about living within our means. Why not have bigger means?

Honestly, I don't know how they get people to sign up to drive in Manhattan or the Bay area and get paid the same as those in Mississippi.

Box Ox

You guys know how the seasonals like to come on here and ask questions that have been asked a thousand times before?

Wait until it's off-street 22.4 drivers and the questions are year-round because of the high rate of 22.4 driver churn. LOL

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I'm guessing that most guys with this sentiment don't live on the West Coast or Northeast. Must be nice to have small bills.
Solution to these arrogant J-A’s......end the national pay scale. Our pay should more accurately represent the cost of living to our regions. I’m sure that would change some of their tunes real fast. $37 in parts of California is Like $20 in Phoenix....how’d that sound.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You guys know how the seasonals like to come on here and ask questions that have been asked a thousand times before?

Wait until it's off-street 22.4 drivers and the questions are year-round because of the high rate of 22.4 driver churn. LOL

We need to pin a thread titled "If you are a 22.4 you should just quit."