Hi, I am a uninformed or misinformed employee and I have one concern.

I have hit my year in UPS and have gotten my benefit card and everything however, when I started I was told there was a one time raise every year of a dollar. The old contract being a raise every 6 months amounting to a dollar. I have checked my most recent check and my raise was only 30 cents. My best guess is that it's only going to adjust further every check but I am afraid it won't... even so it shouldn't be that way at all. If I was told a dollar then it should be a dollar and shouldn't be an issue and shouldn't take over a week to adjust. People may argue that 30 cents is a decent raise but for this type of work and again being told otherwise I feel betrayed. I will be waiting for my next paystub and reviewing it some more and most likely go into talking it out with a head supervisor and seeing what's happening and why I was lied to or where the other 70 cents are going. Again maybe I was lied to and I would like to see if anyone else has had this issue or believes 30 cents is the actual pay raise amount.

The base wage here in Phoenix is 10.20 btw, so I went from 10.20 to 10.50, minimum wage in Arizona being 10.00 you could see why this would have me frustrated. One whole year to get 30 cents.

llamainmypocket

No, 30 cents is a crap raise.

The dollar per year idea comes from being out of your 4 year progression. Raises a typically 50 cents per year for your 1st 4 years.

What likely occurred is that the contract dictated a starting taste at 10$ an hour with 50 cents per year raises but your minimum wage is above the contract leading to a 10.20 start then finally bumping you up to the contract minimum of 10.50.

The dollar raise is understandable now, so I can get that out of my mind. What did happen is I did start at 10.00, the minimum for AZ was 8.00 at the time... when the minimum went up, I went up 20 cents... I feel like the contract should've been re-adjusted but again it's more understandable now thanks.

What are my options? Is there anything I could do? Only reason why I ask is because my HUB is already being ****ed over. New Hires for 2017 (not even peak) are currently receiving 100$ extra per week if they show up (on time) every day. I feel like I am being screwed over and the whole 30 cent raise was icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The dollar raise is understandable now, so I can get that out of my mind. What did happen is I did start at 10.00, the minimum for AZ was 8.00 at the time... when the minimum went up, I went up 20 cents... I feel like the contract should've been re-adjusted but again it's more understandable now thanks.

What are my options? Is there anything I could do? Only reason why I ask is because my HUB is already being ****ed over. New Hires for 2017 (not even peak) are currently receiving 100$ extra per week if they show up (on time) every day. I feel like I am being screwed over and the whole 30 cent raise was icing on the cake.

If you have been here a year then you are receiving benefits(medical, pension ) that they are not

Over 70

Jesus man you've been there a year and dont know how to Google the master contract agreement and your supplement?

It's all there clear as stone.

upschuck

The federal minimum wage for a government contractors(which ups is) is $10.20. Contractually, after a year it is $10.50. You are being paid correctly.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Try this

Quit and see if they will rehire you

Easy extra hundo a week

If you have been here a year then you are receiving benefits(medical, pension ) that they are not

Yeah I figured someone would say this, I guess I will just take full advantage of this and either advance or get what I need and go.

The intro to this post was that I am uninformed, misinformed... there is no help at my hub we just come into work and leave. It's a joke really, they expect new hires to know everything right off the bat and we have been without a Steward for about 4 months now.

This post has cleared everything up for me, I appreciate all the feedback.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yeah I figured someone would say this, I guess I will just take full advantage of this and either advance or get what I need and go.

The intro to this post was that I am uninformed, misinformed... there is no help at my hub we just come into work and leave. It's a joke really, they expect new hires to know everything right off the bat and we have been without a Steward for about 4 months now.

This post has cleared everything up for me, I appreciate all the feedback.
i make 21.09

i make 21.09

Well that's great, I've only been here a year but I am a low ranking member. If you're making 21.09 I'm assuming you have a more skilled position or have been working there a while. In Phoenix we're struggling, you really need to get a higher tier position here to make anything but me being 20yrs old I will bear with it for now.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Well that's great, I've only been here a year but I am a low ranking member. If you're making 21.09 I'm assuming you have a more skilled position or have been working there a while. In Phoenix we're struggling, you really need to get a higher tier position here to make anything but me being 20yrs old I will bear with it for now.
@Gumby makes like 40 bucks an hour

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had an irreg driver making over 70/hr
D0D4FCEA-1661-47AE-8BC1-A31D2F4DE52E.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Hi, I am a uninformed or misinformed employee and I have one concern.

I have hit my year in UPS and have gotten my benefit card and everything however, when I started I was told there was a one time raise every year of a dollar. The old contract being a raise every 6 months amounting to a dollar. I have checked my most recent check and my raise was only 30 cents. My best guess is that it's only going to adjust further every check but I am afraid it won't... even so it shouldn't be that way at all. If I was told a dollar then it should be a dollar and shouldn't be an issue and shouldn't take over a week to adjust. People may argue that 30 cents is a decent raise but for this type of work and again being told otherwise I feel betrayed. I will be waiting for my next paystub and reviewing it some more and most likely go into talking it out with a head supervisor and seeing what's happening and why I was lied to or where the other 70 cents are going. Again maybe I was lied to and I would like to see if anyone else has had this issue or believes 30 cents is the actual pay raise amount.

The base wage here in Phoenix is 10.20 btw, so I went from 10.20 to 10.50, minimum wage in Arizona being 10.00 you could see why this would have me frustrated. One whole year to get 30 cents.

You ought to try being retired. I haven't had a pension raise in 16+ years. Oh woe is me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

He’s a pilot