pension improvemnts

Fullhouse

Well with the insurance concerns dominating this forum, I think some attention needs to be directed towards another aspect of this agreement. The pension improvements are a step in the right direction. This is needed to close the gap that other pensions have. We all do the same work and put up the same BS, so why not close the gap? So far this forum doesn't sound like a brotherhood, instead it sounds like a "me" mentality.
Sounds like our (UPS pension plan) must take a back seat to your company health care plan! Really starting to feel like certain teamsters do not want all teamsters to be equal!

kingOFchester

Well with the insurance concerns dominating this forum, I think some attention needs to be directed towards another aspect of this agreement. The pension improvements are a step in the right direction. This is needed to close the gap that other pensions have. We all do the same work and put up the same BS, so why not close the gap? So far this forum doesn't sound like a brotherhood, instead it sounds like a "me" mentality.
Sounds like our (UPS pension plan) must take a back seat to your company health care plan! Really starting to feel like certain teamsters do not want all teamsters to be equal!

There is no way to make it equal. To do so, one would have to calculate in the cost of living in all areas. Out west in the rural area's you can get a mansion for 500k. Here 500k will get you a small 60 year old rancher in need of TLC. What considerations would be given for cost of living?

Fullhouse

You can always move to a red state ! God knows , we have a bunch of UPS retirees moving down here letting us know how much they make on a 25 year retirement benefit ! Guess what, it is more than we get right now ! So I have no sympathy for your so called "high cost of living, as you show no sign of sympathy for the lowest pension benefit in the country ! Cheers

U

uber

There is no way to make it equal. To do so, one would have to calculate in the cost of living in all areas. Out west in the rural area's you can get a mansion for 500k. Here 500k will get you a small 60 year old rancher in need of TLC. What considerations would be given for cost of living?

Where out west can you find a mansion for $500k? I call BS on that one.

This thread is getting 5 stars.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
KofF, dude, 500K will get you a nice house out west, but not a mansion by far. West coast mansions start over 1.5mil and that would either be a small mansion or a fixer upper.

quamba 638

1780 sq feet and I owe 88k! Put 18 down to get out of mortgage insurance.

friend the mansions. Get a basic house and a lake cabin far away from everyone!

srvhero

"leastbest"
Yeah, we need better pensions here in the southern region ! You guys up North and out West get to move down South and enjoy a nice retirement. All we can do here is move in with our in-laws.....:anxious::sad-very::surprised:

U

uber

Yeah, we need better pensions here in the southern region ! You guys up North and out West get to move down South and enjoy a nice retirement. All we can do here is move in with our in-laws.....:anxious::sad-very::surprised:

Blame the Republicans for voting your state a Right to Work state.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Up north where I am we are still at 3k at 30. As of now we don't know if it will rise to match the 3400 in the UPS/IBT plan. Guess what, I'm still going to enjoy retirement in the south.