Personal car deliveries

tadpole

Exactly.... what sort of leverage do you think the Union has in negotiations

when the members don't vote ? (and the company knows it)

Think about what you just said.... who doesn't have a pair ?
The full timers all vote. Part timers do not. You can’t say we don’t have leverage because we voted to authorize a strike and were serious about it. It’s the unions choice to ignore those who do vote and blame it on the part timers who don’t. Makes no sense if you are trying to please those who vote. They’re the ones who vote in union leadership.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There was ample time and opportunity to get a ballot,I don’t buy that excuse..

Exactly.

Every Local is required to post (at every location) the details of the election

process, and instructs the members what to do if they don't receive a ballot.

it would help if everyone got their ballots to vote I believe it was rigged from the beginning heard a lot of people didn't get theirs in time and couldn't get them

How do you rig an election, that is conducted by an outside 3rd party firm ?

BallotPoint Election Services

Indecisi0n

I don't get it. WHO in their friend'n right mind would come out of retirement for peak? One of the guys (the latest one to retire) mentioned that he was going to do this at the last retired UPS driver monthly breakfast we have. It didn't take him long to realized he probably should have never brought it up. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him at breakfast anytime soon.
Do you all put your teeth in a bowl at the center of the table at these breakfast meetings?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
How do they get around insurance ? One would think using a personal vehicle for commercial purposes would void their insurance coverage.

im thinking ups makes sure you have insurance so the car itself is legal to begin with and then im also thinking they have this

Hired and Non-Owned Auto Insurance provides liability coverage for bodily injuries or property damage that you or your employees cause while driving for work. This protection applies to vehicles you “hire” (like a rental car) or vehicles your business doesn't own (like employees' personal vehicles).

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
im thinking ups makes sure you have insurance so the car itself is legal to begin with and then im also thinking they have this

Hired and Non-Owned Auto Insurance provides liability coverage for bodily injuries or property damage that you or your employees cause while driving for work. This protection applies to vehicles you “hire” (like a rental car) or vehicles your business doesn't own (like employees' personal vehicles).
Could be? I do not know. I was at a meeting and my car got broken into, and they paid me nothing. I was "on the clock"

Justaloader

Could be? I do not know. I was at a meeting and my car got broken into, and they paid me nothing. I was "on the clock"
I would have raised hell about that one. Did you file a claim with your own insurance company? (I'm sorry if you had to go that route) If you did, your insurance company should be going after UPS via subrogation, and should reimburse you any out of pocket expenses (deductible, etc). Unfortunately, it's still a mark on your insurance history, and will be taken into consideration come policy renewal time, even if you switch to a different insurance carrier (that mark on your insurance history will follow you).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They had a huge problem in St. Louis a few years back. Lots of break ins. Cat converters getting cut out of all kind of vehicles. In the employee parking lot mostly during preload.

Ups: well we don’t own the parking lot. We just rent it. We aren’t liable.