BrutusBrown

Welcome aboard! For one, thank you, I personally want to thank you for your service in peak of 2017. Without people like you, I honestly don’t know where we’d be right now. Whether you’re a seasoned driver, a PVD, a preloader, a seasonal, an on road sup or a center manager, I just want to thank everyone for making this great company the well oiled machine we all know it should be.
giphy.gif

BrutusBrown

In all seriousness, my experience as a PVD would lead me to believe that most would be unable to threaten your jobs... Only a highly skilled, 8hr trained, cell phone app using, package slinging assassin like myself could ever threaten them!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In all seriousness, my experience as a PVD would lead me to believe that most would be unable to threaten your jobs... Only a highly skilled, 8hr trained, cell phone app using, package slinging assassin like myself could ever threaten them!

Imagine Ubering a bunch of people from the airport and then going to the bar and trying to drink with the cab drivers and join their union.

That's you right now !!

giphy.gif

BrutusBrown

Imagine Ubering a bunch of people from the airport and then going to the bar and trying to drink with the Taxicab drivers and join their union.

giphy.gif

Imagine being in pursuit of a new career and trying to find any open door only to be offered a temporary position as an uber driver that could in fact pave the way to something more permanent. I'm well aware of the "threat" perceived by my opportunity. I'm here to work nonetheless.

Cincypackagehandler

Blame the union, not the people doing this job. Most of the PVD’s don’t know anything about the company and why we look down on them. They’re just people looking to make money, I can respect that. They’re not at fault, our union is.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Blame UPS, not the people doing this job. Most of the PVD’s don’t know anything about the company and why we look down on them. They’re just people looking to make money, I can respect that. They’re not at fault, UPS is.

When a company signs a union contract, then they do everything in their power to work around it, They are to blame.
Train a seasonal driver, hand him/her a Diad and the union has nothing to say about it.
Give union work to an non-union Uber driver, that's why we don't respect it.

But I respect that at least you have a work ethic, that's hard to find nowadays.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
When a company signs a union contract, then they do everything in their power to work around it, They are to blame.
Train a seasonal driver, hand him/her a Diad and the union has nothing to say about it.

But I respect that at least you have a work ethic, that's hard to find nowadays.
Finding ways around the contract isn't limited to the company.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Got picked up for the season as a PVD. (Boooo!!! GTFO!!! SCAAAB!! <<< lol) Just to get some of that out of the way.

I picked up the PVD gig to get my foot in the door with UPS. I originally applied for a seasonal driver position and was only offered PVD.

I'd be glad to answer any questions or reply to any smartasses about their opinions of the PVD position :)
scab.jpg

Maybe they will call you back in August

The Driver

I drive.
Got picked up for the season as a PVD. (Boooo!!! GTFO!!! SCAAAB!! <<< lol) Just to get some of that out of the way.

I picked up the PVD gig to get my foot in the door with UPS. I originally applied for a seasonal driver position and was only offered PVD.

I'd be glad to answer any questions or reply to any smartasses about their opinions of the PVD position :)

How many stops do you do per day on average out of your Scion?

Cincypackagehandler

It goes both ways. The company will always try and push the envelope to get what they want, even if it goes against what the contract states. It’s up to the employees to do something about it and you do something about it by filing. Do you file grievances when you see management doing something shady or do you just look the other way? 85% of drivers just look the other way. And at the same time, you have a pocket of drivers that make back room deals with management so they can get some of the advantages that they want, whatever those things might be. For a union to work, everyone is either all in or it’s going to fail. Bottom line. We’re nowhere close to all in. It’s never going to get better either.

PT Car Washer

It goes both ways. The company will always try and push the envelope to get what they want, even if it goes against what the contract states. It’s up to the employees to do something about it and you do something about it by filing. Do you file grievances when you see management doing something shady or do you just look the other way? 85% of drivers just look the other way. And at the same time, you have a pocket of drivers that make back room deals with management so they can get some of the advantages that they want, whatever those things might be. For a union to work, everyone is either all in or it’s going to fail. Bottom line. We’re nowhere close to all in. It’s never going to get better either.
Whatever happened to good faith and integrity.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

giphy.gif