(Poll) UPS Second Contract Proposal Date

When will the teamsters receive a second offer from the company?

• Total voters

Fenris

Not sure why you think the pandemic is still ongoing. It’s 2023, people are getting evicted again and Covid came from a lab.
So Biden and his cabinet will just join forces with UPS all Willy-Nilly to stick it to the union workers?
Again. There is no law that pertains to us like there was with the Railroad Act. Take your tinfoil hat off.
There is a pertinent law - The Taft-Hartley Act.

The Act also authorized the President to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency - All Biden has to say is the GDP is impacted enough, or medicine cant be delivered or many other things that he can deem an emergency and he can stop a strike. Just like the railroads.

Trucker Clock

Unless they pass some sort of law I don’t think they can intervene.

They did. In 1947.

Nothing exists like that for us.

The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 The Act authorizes the President to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency. An estimated 6% of the United States' gross domestic product, the broadest measure of the economy, moves in UPS trucks. A strike could trigger widespread supply chain issues which could impact retailers and the economy.

Biden could claim that a strike could kill the US economy, making it a national emergency, and stop a strike. UPS wanted Clinton to do the same in 1997. He refused.

Trucker Clock

There is a pertinent law - The Taft-Hartley Act.

The Act also authorized the President to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency - All Biden has to say is the GDP is impacted enough, or medicine cant be delivered or many other things that he can deem an emergency and he can stop a strike. Just like the railroads.

Wow. You posted this as I was typing it. But yes, the President could intervene. Will he? I can't say.

Fenris

Wow. You posted this as I was typing it. But yes, the President could intervene. Will he? I can't say.
Who knows what Biden will do. The politics and timing is different than 97, when Clinton was already in his second term. Biden wont want to piss off Labor but he also will be desperate to avoid a recession or other poor economic conditions that will impact his re-election campaign.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Who knows what Biden will do. The politics and timing is different than 97, when Clinton was already in his second term. Biden wont want to piss off Labor but he also will be desperate to avoid a recession or other poor economic conditions that will impact his re-election campaign.
Biden won’t even know there’s a strike

ManInBrown

Unless they pass some sort of law I don’t think they can intervene. Railroad had a specific law that they could do something about it. Nothing exists like that for us.
This is such naive thinking. They can do whatever they want. Platforms like Twitter have exposed how corrupt the US government is. What are me, you,or anyone else gonna do about it? Nothing. They’ll do whatever they want. They will never show their cards until they have to.

Screenshot_20230627-144411-062.png