Presidential debates!! 2012

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Liberal heads explode everywhere...LMAO!!!!!

Liberal talk show host Bill Maher, who donated $1 million to President Obama’s super PAC, said the president was out of his element during Wednesday night’s first debate with Republican challenger Mitt Romney, which PBS NewsHour host Jim Lehrer moderated.
i can’t believe i’m saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter
Bill Maher (@billmaher) October 4, 2012

Maher declared Romney the clear winner, also tweeting that “Obama’s not looking like he came for a job interview, Romney so far does.”
“Romney won the debate,” he wrote, “Obama had the facts on his side, and Lehrer sucked.”

Read more: Bill Maher on debate: Obama 'looks like he DOES need a teleprompter' | The Daily Caller

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Obama didnt even take on mitt with the 47% comment. Obama too complacent!!

Aka not a leader who lots of people think should lead this whole country. Lol. Best part was lets not talk about the past time to move forward and talk about our future. Problem is the terrible last 4 years are his past.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It was pretty much a tie to me.
The pundits on TV say that the tie was a boost to Romney.
Like I said earlier, I'll make my predictions on November 7th.

This was far from a tie!!! I honestly could of watched this on mute and told you who won. Obama looked like a dog with his tail between his legs.

BrownArmy

I'm apolitical, but I'm surprised that the consensus is that Romney 'won' the debate.

(If you like Romney, you think he won the debate...if you like Obama, you think he won the debate, etc...in either case, go take a flying fk at a rolling donut).

Obama seemed in command of what he was talking about (whether you agree or not).

Romney seemed flustered and was often not in command of his talking points.

Romney wasn't able to articulate a specific plan about what he would do differently.

(In fact, both candidates have a '5-point' plan to save the economy, and both plans are about 90% similar, at least on the talking points).

So, people think Romney 'won' the debate?

Is that because he was more 'aggressive'?

Is this what the people want? Someone to be more aggressive without facts?

Brew the coffee, chill the beer, make the tea:

We're witnessing the decline and fall of western civilization.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A quick CNN poll of registered voters who watched the first presidential debate gave Gov. Mitt Romney a crushing victory over President Barack Obama.
Sixty-seven percent of the voters polled by CNN gave the victory to Romney, while only 25 percent claimed Obama won.
“For any candidate to get above 50-something, it is just huge,” said John King, CNN’s national correspondent. “You have a lot of president’s supporters saying he got spanked tonight.”

Lue C Fur

Evil member
And more Liberals heads explode:

Ed Schultz: 'I Was Disappointed In The President' - 'I Was Absolutely Stunned Tonight'

Chris Matthews Blasts Obama for Debate Performance, Urges Him to Get Talking Points from MSNBC

Thats a funny one there...Obama and MSNBC...LMAO!!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For me, at best, I say it was pretty much dead even... Not on CONTENT, but because I truly believe JIM LEHRER was a complete waste of time.

Both men talked over each other and LEHRER, and LEHRER showed a lack of control from the very begining.

Romney could not control himself, he did not have command of his thoughts and "rushed" through his talking points. When Lehrer tried to stop Romney, Romney insisted on continuing to talk only to REPEAT the same thing he just said a moment earlier.

Same for OBAMA, When responding to MITT, OBAMA repeated himself.

This went on for the whole debate.

While of course I think OBAMA kept to the basics in explanations, Romney gave ZERO clear cut definitions on ANYTHING he had to say and merely stuck to his talking points.

I am sure NOT ONE of you can tell us how ROMNEY will create jobs, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY. NOT ONE of you can explain what he will replace the ACA with, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY. NOT ONE of you can explain what ROMNEY will do with medicare for future retirees, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY.

AS for Romneys tax plan, once again, he DIDNT EXPLAIN what he is talking about. Obama is correct, by cutting taxes for the top 1%, that equals a 5 trillion dollar deficit, but ROMNEY wanted NO PART of explaining what deductions he would eliminate and for WHOM.

Instead, he kept insisting he wont add to the debt, but he leaves out who will make up that difference. Its clear that the deductions he will eliminate will come from the middle class, and that alone will increase the taxes paid by americans making less than 250K. Its crystal clear, yet ROMNEY refused to address that point.

He can talk around his tax plan all he wants, but you dont make tax cuts to the revenue stream without creating deficits, and you cant shore up those deficits without raising revenue someplace else. Its on the backs of the middle class where he will regain that lost revenue by eliminating all the deductions that "WE" currently have. TO believe otherwise is just plain silly.

The BUSH tax cuts alone cost this country 4.5 trillion in the national deficit over 10 years, and the extention of those same tax cuts added another 3.1 trillion to the debt over 7 years.

Those were NEVER PAID FOR.

ROMNEY cutting taxes again will add 5 trillion to the debt over 10 years unless he can make the cuts to the deductions that will total 5 trillion dollars.

Its simple math.

For me, I thought both men jumbled through what they wanted to say, and I gave the "slight" edge to OBAMA only because ROMNEY kept repeating his talking points without changing any of the words.

Romney was impatient with Jim Lehrer and spoke over him despite knowing the rules of the debate, and I believe that Jim Lehrer was just too old to control both men.

Peace

TOS

ibslick50

I'm apolitical, but I'm surprised that the consensus is that Romney 'won' the debate.

(If you like Romney, you think he won the debate...if you like Obama, you think he won the debate, etc...in either case, go take a flying fk at a rolling donut).

Obama seemed in command of what he was talking about (whether you agree or not).

Romney wasn't able to articulate a specific plan about what he would do differently.

(In fact, both candidates have a '5-point' plan to save the economy, and both plans are about 90% similar, at least on the talking points).

Well said BrownArmy. The only thing missing with Romneys aggressiveness was a couple 6 shooters hanging off his hips.

brett636

Interesting, so your apolitical yet nearly every post I read from you supports Obama and his policies. You have every right to your opinion on who the winner was in that debate. I see that even CNN could only find 25% of its respondents to a poll who say Obama won the debate so I guess you fall into that small minority of people who desperately need their ears cleaned out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was pretty much a tie to me.
The pundits on TV say that the tie was a boost to Romney.
Like I said earlier, I'll make my predictions on November 7th.

This was my feeling--I called it a draw. I agree that the tie was a boost for Romney but it will not be enough to put him in the White House.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Obama mentioned a budget and how important it is.........if it's so important, where's his for the last 4 years??????????

Romney gets the win......(75 -25)Obama's body languange
says a lot about him....looking at the floor!! Is the floor where the peole are????????

It IS where the people are. Most are just trying to scrape their butts up off the floor from having to deal with the last 4 years.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I didn't watch, but it sure sounds like Romney won. If he wants to win the election though I think he's going to have be more specific about his plans at some point, which I was kind of expecting him to do once he got the nomination.

M

MenInBrown

No just shows that Romneys last debate was 6 months ago and obama's was 4 years ago!! Obama let romney get away with so much stuff I wonder what he was doing up there at times. He needs to get agressive and attack . he is an explainer not an attacker.

ITs hard to attack when your record sucks.

M

MenInBrown

I didn't watch, but it sure sounds like Romney won. If he wants to win the election though I think he's going to have be more specific about his plans at some point, which I was kind of expecting him to do once he got the nomination.

He mentioned again in the debate that he has outlined principles like most presidents do. He has also mentioned in another interview that specifics on how to get there has to be worked out with congress. Thats something this president knows nothing about. Obama just demands his ideas get rammed through without bipartisanship. Obama should have got on his knees and begged Romney to show him how to run an economy.

M

MenInBrown

This was my feeling--I called it a draw. I agree that the tie was a boost for Romney but it will not be enough to put him in the White House.

There def wasnt tie even possible when the president gets called out for lying several times and not being able to run on his record...Great knockout Romney