Presidential debates!! 2012

M

MenInBrown

For me, at best, I say it was pretty much dead even... Not on CONTENT, but because I truly believe JIM LEHRER was a complete waste of time.

Both men talked over each other and LEHRER, and LEHRER showed a lack of control from the very begining.

Romney could not control himself, he did not have command of his thoughts and "rushed" through his talking points. When Lehrer tried to stop Romney, Romney insisted on continuing to talk only to REPEAT the same thing he just said a moment earlier.

Same for OBAMA, When responding to MITT, OBAMA repeated himself.

This went on for the whole debate.

While of course I think OBAMA kept to the basics in explanations, Romney gave ZERO clear cut definitions on ANYTHING he had to say and merely stuck to his talking points.

I am sure NOT ONE of you can tell us how ROMNEY will create jobs, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY. NOT ONE of you can explain what he will replace the ACA with, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY. NOT ONE of you can explain what ROMNEY will do with medicare for future retirees, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY.

AS for Romneys tax plan, once again, he DIDNT EXPLAIN what he is talking about. Obama is correct, by cutting taxes for the top 1%, that equals a 5 trillion dollar deficit, but ROMNEY wanted NO PART of explaining what deductions he would eliminate and for WHOM.

Instead, he kept insisting he wont add to the debt, but he leaves out who will make up that difference. Its clear that the deductions he will eliminate will come from the middle class, and that alone will increase the taxes paid by americans making less than 250K. Its crystal clear, yet ROMNEY refused to address that point.

He can talk around his tax plan all he wants, but you dont make tax cuts to the revenue stream without creating deficits, and you cant shore up those deficits without raising revenue someplace else. Its on the backs of the middle class where he will regain that lost revenue by eliminating all the deductions that "WE" currently have. TO believe otherwise is just plain silly.

The BUSH tax cuts alone cost this country 4.5 trillion in the national deficit over 10 years, and the extention of those same tax cuts added another 3.1 trillion to the debt over 7 years.

Those were NEVER PAID FOR.

ROMNEY cutting taxes again will add 5 trillion to the debt over 10 years unless he can make the cuts to the deductions that will total 5 trillion dollars.

Its simple math.

For me, I thought both men jumbled through what they wanted to say, and I gave the "slight" edge to OBAMA only because ROMNEY kept repeating his talking points without changing any of the words.

Romney was impatient with Jim Lehrer and spoke over him despite knowing the rules of the debate, and I believe that Jim Lehrer was just too old to control both men.

Peace

TOS

Ive never heard of a team playing defense for the whole game actually winning. So many people want specifics from the left. Thats because they have no clue waht to do...Romney gave you one example of creating 4 mil of his jobs, did you not watch the debate. And this was not a speech, this was a debate, they are suppose to talk over one another. I see you believe the lie that Obama got called out on about the 5 trillion dollar tax cut. But we dont expect liberials to understand what happens when 12 mil more people are paying taxes. Your simple math should tell you that that means more revenue you ******. You also missed the whole segment on Medicare. Besides if you think his bogus tax plan yall made up is going to create 5 trillion in debt over the next 10 years, Obama should go with that because at the pace we are going with Obama we will reach 5 more trillion in 4 years. Simple MATH remember! It hurts doesnt it....so funny to see you all worked up after your boy just got schooled!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MenInBrown

ANother flip or flop for mitt. He denies his plan is his plan. He agrees with obama on the popular stuff. Which romney will appear on the stump tomorrow?? Obama didnt even take on mitt with the 47% comment. Obama too complacent!!

That only shows you that the Obama administration was taking something out of context and didt want Romney to explain the real reason behind saying it. How do you appeal to someone about lower taxes when they dont pay taxes? Duh, thats why he stayed away from it. That was the smart thing for Obama to do. I also dont think Obama wants his racist remarks brought up either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This morning....to be fair....I decided to check CNN. 4 times I switched over thefirst, they were on commercial. The second they were covering sports. Then, I don't remember. he 4th time they were talkingabout the debate and they mentioned that Romney wasn't "specific" enough.

Then Axelrod was on saying Obama is never satisfied with any "speech" That's because he wasn't able to spread lies...he was called out on it. Everybody this morning except CNN and Axelrod are giving the win to Romney.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ive never heard of a team playing defense for the whole game actually winning. So many people want specifics from the left. Thats because they have no clue waht to do...Romney gave you one example of creating 4 mil of his jobs, did you not watch the debate. And this was not a speech, this was a debate, they are suppose to talk over one another. I see you believe the lie that Obama got called out on about the 5 trillion dollar tax cut. But we dont expect liberials to understand what happens when 12 mil more people are paying taxes. Your simple math should tell you that that means more revenue you :censored2:. You also missed the whole segment on Medicare. Besides if you think his bogus tax plan yall made up is going to create 5 trillion in debt over the next 10 years, Obama should go with that because at the pace we are going with Obama we will reach 5 more trillion in 4 years. Simple MATH remember! It hurts doesnt it....so funny to see you all worked up after your boy just got schooled!

This is like listening to you.

119781_600.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There def wasnt tie even possible when the president gets called out for lying several times and not being able to run on his record...Great knockout Romney

I give Romney a couple of days before he sticks his foot in his mouth and undoes this temporary bounce. I'm glad you have such faith in the Mormon maroon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Listen I would like to see specifics as much as anyone but the truth is no presidential candidate ever gives specifics that's just the truth. I would argue any decent plan for anything should be fluid and change with the circumstances anyway Obama will not change we know that it's his way or no way. Obamacare being the prime example. A majority of people want nothing to do with it. He doesn't care.

beentheredonethat

Before Debate

The american public will get to see ROMNEY unplugged tonight, no more speeches of empty content and promises. No more speeches about freedom and the american dream. NO FLUFF.

If they do, and ROMNEY just comes out saying the same Crap he says on the campaign trail, then the american public will know he isnt ready for primetime.

I would like to see OBAMA get him rattled and watch as he implodes on stage. I would like the questioners to ask him a question that he attempts to duck, and then re ask it again to him and watch him duck it again as he did in the GOP debates.

The american public will see right through Mitt Romney.

Peace

TOS

After Debate
For me, at best, I say it was pretty much dead even... Not on CONTENT, but because I truly believe JIM LEHRER was a complete waste of time.

Both men talked over each other and LEHRER, and LEHRER showed a lack of control from the very begining.

Romney could not control himself, he did not have command of his thoughts and "rushed" through his talking points. When Lehrer tried to stop Romney, Romney insisted on continuing to talk only to REPEAT the same thing he just said a moment earlier.

Same for OBAMA, When responding to MITT, OBAMA repeated himself.

This went on for the whole debate.

While of course I think OBAMA kept to the basics in explanations, Romney gave ZERO clear cut definitions on ANYTHING he had to say and merely stuck to his talking points.

I am sure NOT ONE of you can tell us how ROMNEY will create jobs, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY. NOT ONE of you can explain what he will replace the ACA with, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY. NOT ONE of you can explain what ROMNEY will do with medicare for future retirees, and if you can, you didnt hear that from ROMNEY.

AS for Romneys tax plan, once again, he DIDNT EXPLAIN what he is talking about. Obama is correct, by cutting taxes for the top 1%, that equals a 5 trillion dollar deficit, but ROMNEY wanted NO PART of explaining what deductions he would eliminate and for WHOM.

Instead, he kept insisting he wont add to the debt, but he leaves out who will make up that difference. Its clear that the deductions he will eliminate will come from the middle class, and that alone will increase the taxes paid by americans making less than 250K. Its crystal clear, yet ROMNEY refused to address that point.

He can talk around his tax plan all he wants, but you dont make tax cuts to the revenue stream without creating deficits, and you cant shore up those deficits without raising revenue someplace else. Its on the backs of the middle class where he will regain that lost revenue by eliminating all the deductions that "WE" currently have. TO believe otherwise is just plain silly.

The BUSH tax cuts alone cost this country 4.5 trillion in the national deficit over 10 years, and the extention of those same tax cuts added another 3.1 trillion to the debt over 7 years.

Those were NEVER PAID FOR.

ROMNEY cutting taxes again will add 5 trillion to the debt over 10 years unless he can make the cuts to the deductions that will total 5 trillion dollars.

Its simple math.

For me, I thought both men jumbled through what they wanted to say, and I gave the "slight" edge to OBAMA only because ROMNEY kept repeating his talking points without changing any of the words.

Romney was impatient with Jim Lehrer and spoke over him despite knowing the rules of the debate, and I believe that Jim Lehrer was just too old to control both men.

Peace

TOS

It's funny, even many democrats say the Romney won the debate. Of course per TOS it was someone else's fault. Jim Lehrer didn't do a good job with the debate. Overall, Pres Obama had more time to talk then Romney did. So if anything, isn't that in Pres Obama's favor?

He has said multiple times, that some people look at the economy as fixed. It can't or won't get bigger so to lower the deficit you have to either spend less, or tax more or Grow the economy. He made that point very well last night. He brought up if you increase taxes, the economy gets hurt. He brought up even Pres Obama brought up 2 years ago not to raise taxes in a bad economy and today it's worse then 2 years ago and he wants to raise taxes.

My daughter didn't understand the whole concept of reducing taxes and getting more net revenue. I explained it to her as follows:

You are hungry and you go get a small pizza. You eat 4 slices of the small pizza and you have to give the other 4 slices to the government. With the new plan, you now get 5 slices of pizza and the government gets 3 and the government still has more pizza then before. She didn't understand that. So I said, with the new plan you are now able to get a Large pizza vs a small. Is 3 slices of a large more total pizza then 4 slices of a small? Yes she said.. So giving 3/8 of a large gives the government more pizza, and you get to keep even more for yourself. If you grow the economy it helps everyone including the government. I realize it's a very simplistic demonstration. But it gets the point across to the simple mind of a young teen. Maybe even TOS will be able to understand.

Buddybrown

For me, at best, I say it was pretty much dead even...
----I guess you didn't get the memo!!-- Your guy got creamed!!!!----In the wake of the debate, Democrats conceded that former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney had DOMINATED the proceedings and quickly moved on to a deeper — and harder to answer — question:--- What the hell was wrong with the president?--- Why was President Obama so bad?
Romney was impatient with Jim Lehrer and spoke over him despite knowing the rules of the debate, and I believe that Jim Lehrer was just too old to control both men. Peace TOS
Obama got 4 more minutes by not listening, Lehrer let them talk and gave Obama more time. Factual information just doesn't work for you...It was very obvious that Obama was just enduring the debate and not engaged.....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seems the 47% are rejecting both. Once again Romney and Obama are proven wrong. LOL!

The question was whose mind did the debate change. It didn't change 47% of people's minds. This was Romney point all along that these people will vote Obama no matter what. I hate stupid photos like this that people think are so cute. Statistics are all lies anyway everyone knows that.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I give Romney a couple of days before he sticks his foot in his mouth and undoes this temporary bounce. I'm glad you have such faith in the Mormon maroon.

Why do you need to disrespect his faith?

Why not give it up and take your bitter energy to your co-workers and organize?

or

Quit your awful job and start you own freight company.

UPS Lifer

I gave the "slight" edge to OBAMA !

TOS

:choir: :felloforit1:

What was really funny was reading the posts by TOS at the beginning of this thread.

:rofl:

I rather enjoy a good joke and lots of humor.
Thanks again for some enjoyable fantasy moments whilst I drink my coffee!
:w00t:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why do you need to disrespect his faith?

Why not give it up and take your bitter energy to your co-workers and organize?

or

Quit your awful job and start you own freight company.

I disrespect Romney and his faith, because he has been dishonest about who he really is and what he really believes. He is a fraud.

wkmac

Well, we are only three days away from the first debate in the 2012 election. All the expectations for the GOP are that ROMNEY will come out strong, but quietly, they are fearful of the conditions for the debate.

You see, its been agreed to that each candidate will have 5 mins to answer questions, and ROMNEY is good for 2 mins of prepared text and its the other 3 minutes that they are afraid of.

Once ROMNEY gets past the prepared remarks and has to go off script, he will get himself into trouble. Romney is easily rattled and cannot maintain his composure when under fire.

its a part of being rich. Its not common for them to be on the defense, and they are used to saying whatever they want, however they want, and when challenged ( and that aint often) they fall apart.

Romney showed this in the GOP debates, and OBAMA will lite him up like old leaves in a pile.

Peace

TOS

Hey MFE and TOS,

I didn't watch the debate, I felt watching metal rust was more productive of my time but seems hearing from the more impartial folk on the subject, Romney did a lot better than Obama having burned his leaves.

UPS Lifer

I disrespect Romney and his faith, because he has been dishonest about who he really is and what he really believes. He is a fraud.

You and TOS are the ultimate in hypocrisy. The Democratic party which I really don't believe you could ever be part of.... You are fringe ultra liberals believes they are the party of inclusion but both of you show your hate and disdain for a variety of folks.

You HATE Mormons but we have the freedom of religion in this country. You HATE rich people - if they are not giving their money away to the poor. You have actually stated this in other posts.

TOS HATES all Republicans and white men. He has stated that Hispanics will take over and stomp on white folks - "it's only a matter of time". WOW!

Thank God my parents did not raise me that way. We are all Americans first and foremost, we should be blind to all else except for those who threatened the American way of life.

I take umbrage with liberal hypocrites, and spin doctors and haters. I feel that someone needs to call you out every step of the way.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You and TOS are the ultimate in hypocrisy. The Democratic party which I really don't believe you could ever be part of.... You are fringe ultra liberals believes they are the party of inclusion but both of you show your hate and disdain for a variety of folks.

You HATE Mormons but we have the freedom of religion in this country. You HATE rich people - if they are not giving their money away to the poor. You have actually stated this in other posts.

TOS HATES all Republicans and white men. He has stated that Hispanics will take over and stomp on white folks - "it's only a matter of time". WOW!

Thank God my parents did not raise me that way. We are all Americans first and foremost, we should be blind to all else except for those who threatened the American way of life.

I take umbrage with liberal hypocrites, and spin doctors and haters. I feel that someone needs to call you out every step of the way.

Whatever. Call me out, or whatever you want to do. Obama is still going to win. Romney has no plan, he isn't open about what Mormonism is really all about, and he's a proven flip-flopping liar. I'm happy you can support someone like Mitt to be your leader. I cannot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey MFE and TOS,

I didn't watch the debate, I felt watching metal rust was more productive of my time but seems hearing from the more impartial folk on the subject, Romney did a lot better than Obama having burned his leaves.

I didn't watch it, but I guess Obama just stood there and let Mitt rant. I hope Obama takes the offensive next time and isn't so polite.